15

^^(Gad)

"Hey, sinner!" I squealed and turned around to see Gad. He laughed while I tried to get my breathing under control. "You look beautiful."

"Thanks."

"Why are you walking alone?" He got really close to me. "Bad people could be lurking around." He whispered.

"You'd protect me though, right?" He quickly nodded. "Then I'm not worried. As for why I'm here..." I started walking again, so he followed me. "It's really complicated. It has to do with Mama and Kiki and I want to leave. It feels too stuffy in there." I sighed.

"Want to do something to get your mind off stuff?" He blocked my path.

"I'm not dressed appropriately." I gestured to my outfit.

"Here. Use my shoes." He took his sneakers off and handed them to me. He didn't wait for my response since he snatched the heels from me. "And take this since it gets chilly." He placed his jacket around me. "Now, you're adventure ready!"

Gad took my hand and led me into the woods. I told him I didn't want to play that Dry Bones game with him again. He snickered and said we'd be exploring somewhere. I sighed and allowed him to lead me deeper into the dreary woods. Gad and I walked over the crunchy leaves until we arrived at a dilapidated house. Gad released my hand and walked backwards. I arched a brow as he got closer to the house.

"What are we doing here?" I questioned.

"Exploring!" He lifted his arms up.

"You want to go in that house?" I pointed at it. He quickly nodded. "Isn't that trespassing?"

"But no one lives there." He checked out. "And it could be my new house." He sneered.

"Where do you even live, Gad?" I've never seen where he lives. He just always shows up wherever I am.

"Nowhere." He began to spin around.

"Okay, where are you from?"

"Hel." He smiled.

"Okay then." I walked to stop him from spinning. "So you need a place to live?" He shrugged.

"Come on, Addy. I'll protect you in there." He began to cackle.

"As long as there isn't a serial killer in there." He just shrugged and walked closer to the house. "This is really stupid." I muttered and walked after him.

The smartest thing would be to not enter an abandoned house. I should've been scared, but I was more scared about going home. There could be a potential murderer inside, but that was only a possibility. I definitely knew what awaited me at home: another beating. It was getting hard to see my flesh colored abdomen since it was black and blue. I began to forget what the color of my stomach naturally looked like.

Gad smiled and slowly opened the door. I'd be lying if I said I wasn't nervous from the creaky sound. Gad gestured for me to enter first. I hesitantly stepped on the squeaky floorboards. I walked past Gad and then heard the door swiftly shut. I turned around and began pounding on the door, but Gad refused to open it.

"Gad! Open it!" I heard him snickering on the other side. "Seriously?!"

"Play a game in there for me." I sighed at his words. "Let's make a deal... play the Corner Game and I'll let you out."

"What even is that?" I tried tugging on the door handle, but Gad had a firm grip on it.

"The Corner Game is saying that your house is infested with ghosts and the only way to get rid of them is to perform a ritual." He took a moment to laugh. "You start the game by entering a dark room that you suspect of being inhabited by ghosts. Say your name aloud three times, and then you and your friend-"