47

^^(Lucifer)

"Wait!"

Kiki was chuckling when she landed. I had spent the entire flight freaking out about meeting her dad. I wasn't even concerned about him being the notorious devil. I just wanted to make a good impression. Like what if he didn't like me?! I can't even imagine what I would-

"Criminal." Kiki took my hands in hers. "Just be you. Do not worry." She pecked my nose before guiding me into a club?

I gulped and squeezed her hand tighter. Kiki brought my hand to her lips and placed a delicate kiss. She then tugged me towards the elevator. I could hear the music blasting, but was surprised we passed the lounge area. The elevator dinged once we reached the penthouse.

Kiki and I walked into a melancholic atmosphere. I started to feel a little nervous when their eyes snapped to us. Kiki quirked a brow in confusion and dragged me after her.

"You guys look like someone just died." Kiki swung her arm around my shoulders.

"Daniel is dead." A man breathed out.

"Detective douche?" I gave her a pointed look. "And?" I elbowed her this time.

"I need time to process this." A pretty blond stood up. "I need to check on Trixie. Maze?" Maze nodded and walked after the blond.

"If he's the devil, then why can't he resurrect him?" I whispered to Kiki.

"One thing you want to avoid is meddling with death, especially if the soul is at peace." She gave me a soft smile.

"What are you doing here?" The dark haired man stalked towards us. "In my time of desperation and need, you were nowhere to be found. Chloe died!"

His anger caused several bottles of alcohol to explode. Kiki quickly placed me behind her while she glared at the man. I'm assuming the man is her dad... Lucifer, the devil.

"I can't always be at your beck and call and wasn't that the detective just a while ago?! She's alive and kicking." Kiki sneered.

"After I sacrificed myself and went to Heaven!" He marched up to Kiki. "Or did Erana conveniently leave that detail out? Erana, your closest friend and confidant, helped me fight my evil twin but my own daughter... was nowhere to be found." Disappointment laced his voice. "How's that for a slap in the face?!"

"I sent her to help you and she did. Not my fault you couldn't protect God's gift-"

I screamed in fear when Kiki's dad grabbed her throat. He sped Kiki to the wall and slammed her into it. Kiki's features hardened at the man while he glared daggers at her.

"You could've stopped-"

"Don't blame me for Amenadiel's poor abilities to slow time for celestial beings. Don't blame me!" Kiki yelled at him. "It's your inability to protect the human that landed you there!"

"That's what you believe." He whisper yelled. "Fine. Let's see how you react when your human faces the same fate."

He threw Kiki across the room and approached me. Kiki teleported in front of me and used an energy beam to blast him back. She softly pushed me away, out of the oncoming attack of her father. Kiki and Lucifer crashed into the bar station.

"We need to stop them, Amenadiel!" An older blond spoke up.

"You do not want to get in the middle of them, Linda. Eve, back up." Amenadiel addressed two women. I ran to them since I almost got hit by a chair Lucifer threw at his daughter.