34

^^(Addy)

Kiki's POV

Gello and I walked inside the realm to see everyone still frozen. Gello walked to where she stood previously while I did the same. Gello gave me a small nod before looking forward. I took a deep breath before allowing time to proceed as normal.

"You three will fuse and then fight these two." Gello gestured to Ajax and Taemin. "Fight well." She commanded and stood away.

We looked at each other and fused. We intently stared at Taemin and Ajax. We were really working as a team. It was amazing to watch how in sync we were. No one was trying to compete against the other. In fact, we were operating like a unit. Zena had used her abilities to fling Ajax across the room. Gello kept yelling at us to work harder.

Kennedy responded to Gello's command by kicking Taemin into the brick structure. He groaned and got up. We eyed both men who were speeding towards us. I called hitting them and was ready to strike... but I suddenly froze.

I felt a voice shouting at me for help. Begging for me to save her... Addy. Wha- what's wrong? She was hysterically crying and choking on her sobs. She was in such pain that I didn't even feel when Ajax slashed our abdomen.

We split into our three counterparts, but I was focusing on the pain Addy was feeling. She's obviously clutching onto the ghost plushie since it feels like my chest is constricting. She-She's hurt. Why is she hurt?!

"What the hell?!" Kennedy yelled at me.

"I need to go." I rushed out and stood up.

"Go where? We have to train for-"

"I need to go." I cut Zena off and ran to the exit.

I sped to the portal and thought of Pennsylvania. I ignored Gello's shouts and jumped through. I then quickly flew to Addy, who was screaming at me for help. I could hear her telling me about how she was in so much pain. I'm coming Addy!

I found her in the back of a mall. She was lying on the asphalt while grimacing in pain. I could smell her blood and saw the cuts and bruises littered across her body.

"It hurts so bad." She whispered to the plushie. "I'm in so much pain, Kiki... they hurt me so bad and crippled me... I'm really a cripple now." She cried, but then screamed at the pain. "Help!" She shouted for me.

I landed and gently positioned her head onto my lap. She yelled in pain, so I halted my movement. I was shaking in fear since I didn't know how bad she was injured. I wanted to cry at seeing her in agony. Then she started shaking and coughing up blood which scared the absolute shit out of me.

"They took everything from me." She cried into my abdomen. "I have nothing left to give." She gripped my shirt. "Why do they hate me so much?" She locked eyes with me. "I'm in so much pain."

She cried onto me. I couldn't stand seeing her in this amount of pain. I-I really lo- why is she hurting?! Why?! I want to protect her from everything, but I'm never here! I watched as my tears fell onto her cuts, quickly healing them. At least my tears can offer her some relief.

Her shaking hand reached out to touch my cheek. I nuzzled into her hand and kissed it. When Addy lifted her other hand, she screamed, causing me to flinch in fear. I then noticed her other wrist was broken. WHO DID THIS TO HER?! I quickly lifted her up and launched into the air. I noticed she immediately blacked out. Poor Addy...I'm here now.

I flew her to a hotel and laid her on the bed. I squatted down and moved the stray hairs out her face. I then did a healing spell across her body. I let out a breath when I saw the bruises fade and the cuts heal. I'm so sorry. I looked out the window and silently cried that all this happened to the girl that the world didn't deserve. She was so sweet and kind and caring, so why did this happen to her?!