Many Years Ago (16k votes special)

( slight TW: sexual assault )

"Do you know how easily I could take advantage of you? I'm not saying I ever would, but we're not related, you know that."

"I just want you to be more cautious around men. I know what they can be like, trust me."

Many Years Ago:

The Mizuki Kingdom

"Alright, Hiro," Father says, pushing his son forward, "you're fifteen now. You're becoming a responsible young man, which means you need to start meeting possible wives."

"Possible wives?" Hiro cringes, "I'm not even eighteen yet."

"You're right, but imagine something happens to me." King Mizuki pats his son on the back. "You're to take my place, son."

"I don't need a wife to be a good ruler," Hiro argues, pulling away from his father's touch, "and nothing is going to happen to you."

King Mizuki waves a hand dismissively. "Now, now, don't act like a child. Tonight at the banquet, I want you to put yourself out there. Find a nice lady you can talk to."

Hiro rolls his eyes. "Whatever you say."

That gets his father to leave him alone, and he groans at the thought of having to pretend to converse with the sassy noble ladies.

It's not like he dislikes them; he just doesn't like them like that. He's different, but none of his family knows. Not even his sister.

"Hiro!" She says, appearing out of nowhere, "are you excited for the banquet tonight?"

Hiro can't lie to her. "Meh."

"But there's going to be lots of food," she exclaims, "and people in fancy clothes. And music! We get to dance!"

"I've never been good at dancing, you know that." Hiro laughs at his sister's enthusiasm.

"Well, I have the guest list," she waves a piece of paper in her hand, "it's mostly noblemen attending, though."

"And their daughters, I presume?" Hiro sighs. Now he's starting to realize why father is holding this banquet.

A fancy dinner? A dance? Noblemen and their daughters?

This thing was set up just so Hiro could meet some girls.

He huffs, heading back to his room but trying not to show his disproval.

"See you at the banquet," he tells his sister.

She waves a goodbye to him, smiling.

Of course, Hiro was forced to wear his tightest, most uncomfortable suit.

The eating part of the banquet passes by in a blur. Any girls that talk to him just talk about how rich they are. It makes him frustrated, and he glares at his father throughout it all.