40 | Save Me

VOTING RESULTS (as of 12/28/20, when I woke up):

Stroll through the village - 6 votes

Horseback riding - 5 votes

Picnic - 3 votes

OTHER -  (courtesy of @luminousardwolf)

I fee like it would make everybody happy, and it gave me a brilliant idea so thank you

Thank you guys for voting!!

What about all three?

You smile, a glorious plan forming like always.

What if you rode horses to a picnic, then strolled through one of the nearby villages?

With permission, this time. Wouldn't want another person being mindlessly thrown in the dungeon.

But, oh, the weather is perfect, as if designed for such activities! A cloudless sky, little wind, and a smiling sun shining down.

A romantic encounter it shall be! 

You promise yourself, clenching your fist in determination. You will make Shoto smile. Laugh. 

Perhaps a kiss or two?

You blush at the thought, squealing. You haven't had much time to fangirl over your newfound fiancé, after all. Fangirling is much deserved for a prince like him. 

Genes sure have aligned perfectly, haven't they?

You can't imagine what would've happened if you had married Iida or Momo; or, even more un-imaginable, marrying Bakugou. That blonde hedgehog could never match what you feel for Shoto. 

You love him.

Oh, how you wish you could shout it out to the stars, let the whole kingdom know. Who could've imagined an arranged married could've lead to this?

You sigh, straightening your dress and calling Takahashi inside your room.

He must be rattled from the attack as well. You can only imagine losing three friends. They trained together to become guards. His smile saddens your heart, feelings of euphoria fading away.

Your guard peeks in your room, his voice unwavering, yet there's a tone of undeniable sadness:

"Yes, your Highness?"

"How is the king doing? Any progress?" You ask him, leaving your room and entering the hall.

"Honestly," Takahashi sighs, "the kingdom is sort of a mess currently. The king has been getting better, but his advisory is collapsing. They're falling apart without Duke Callahan."