Just a Queen

Part 2: Chapter 29 

Just a Queen

"They might have lost Toga," you tell Shoto, hugging him from behind, "but we have him. Everything will be fine."

"But what if she's still here?" Your husband sighs. "She could still be in the castle, impersonating me again."

"Don't worry," you tell him, turning his cheek so he's facing you, "I won't let her fool me again."

"And I won't let her hurt you again."

Shoto leans his head down, and your lips touch, tender and loving. A promise, sealed with a kiss. 

He smiles at you, pulling away. His hands trail down to your navel, and the babies inside of you. He looks down, the corners of his mouth curling up into a wonderous grin, and he sets his face on your shoulder. "Do think I'll be a good father?"

"The best," you tell him, wrapping your arms around his waist. "But I . . . "

"What is it?"

You shake your head. "It's nothing."

Shoto puts his forehead against yours. "I can tell there's something bothering you, Love."

"What if . . . " you sigh, closing your eyes, "What if they have my quirk? Our children."

"Well," your husband puts his hand on your cheek, "then we can teach them. We'll help them, together. Don't worry about it."

You look up at him. "Thank you."

"We're in this together, whether you like it or not."

Your husband's lips are soft and inviting, making your body shiver and heart pound in your chest. You bring your hands to his hair. His hands are warm as they trail down your b—

Knock knock.

You freeze at the sound of a knock at the door, your face flaring red. Shoto takes his hands off of you, and you quickly fix your dress.

"Yes?" You call, as if nothing were happening. You glance at your husband, whose hair is crazy from your hands. He blinks, unaware. 

A voice from outside answers as you fix Shoto's hair, combing through the red and white.

"The pirate advocate would like to speak with you both, Your Majesties."

"We're busy," Shoto calls to the guard outside, his hands returning to your hips. You blush, smacking him softly.

"Sho, it's Takahashi," you whisper, "it's probably important."

"Fine," he sighs, running a hand through his hair, "let's go."

"Akio!"

"Taki." Shizukana nods.

Takahashi smiles at the sight of his old friend, walking up to him for a hug. Your guard is taller than your former, but not by much. 

"I can't believe I get to come back here every month," Takahashi grins, "I miss this place."

"Only thanks to the Queen," Shizukana gestures to you, "it was her idea to make you the pirates' representative."

Takahashi bows to you, before hugging you lightly. You look were his arm used to be, hidden by rags and the usual pirate's clothing. 

"Are you okay?" You whisper while he's close. He's easy to read; you can tell something's off.

"It's nothing you can fix."

You lift a brow. "Takahashi, I'm the queen."

Takahashi smiles, chuckling. "You're just a queen."

You pull away from the hug, furrowing your brows. 

"I heard," the one-armed pirate grins, as if nothing happened, "that you're having twins!"

Shoto puts a hand on your shoulder. "Yes."

"Listen, guys," Takahashi sighs, looking stressed, "I also heard from some of the maids that you caught him."

"Those maids sure love their gossip," you mutter to your husband, who nods.

"You caught him," your former guard continues, looking at his feet, "the traitor. The murderer."

"My father, Duke Callahan." You add. 

Shoto's hand tightens on your shoulder. 

"He was wandering around the palace," your husband explains, "our guards found him in a drunken stupor while escorting the prisoner."

"The prisoner," Takahashi asks, "that got away?"

"Yes."

You blink. "Wait, how did you know all of this already?"

Takahashi smirks. "Neena. First person I saw when I came here."

You roll your eyes. Neena, becoming just like Mayra was and giving Takahashi all the gossip.

"That's not the point, though. The point is, Toga is out there. She could be in here for all we know."

"How'd you know her na—?"

"Akio. What Neena didn't tell me, he did."

You glance at your guard, and he shrugs. "Just listen to Taki. He's got an idea, and it's a pretty darn good one."

"We're going to need all of our allies for this one, though," Takahashi smiles wide, "and it just might be good enough to wipe out the resistance forever."