Grian misses his elytra

"Hey Grian, I have a challenge for you." Xisuma said.

"What is it?" Grian asked.

"Don't use your elytra for 48 hours!" 

"But, how will I get around?" Grian asked.

"Other ways. I'll give you a stack of diamond blocks if you do it." Xisuma said.

"Hmm, ok deal!" Grian said.

"YES!" Xisuma mumbled. He snapped his fingers and Grian's elytra disappeared. He walked out of the house and outside.

Outside

Grian walked to the shopping district where he saw Iskall.

"Hey Grian! Did your elytra break?" Iskall asked.

"No, Xisuma dared me to not have one on for 48 hours." Grian said. 

"Oh, ok. Do you have any other ways of transportation?" Iskall asked.

"...No..."

"Maybe you could ask some of the Dream Smp people. They might have something for you." Iskall said.

"Ok, I'll be back later."

On the Dream Smp

Grian walked up to Dream. 

"Hi Dream." Grian said.

"Oh, hi Grian. What brings you here?" Dream asked. Grian explained his situation. "I see, well, here we usually use the nether portals at the top of the nether trick." 

"Thanks for the idea, but I need something I can keep with me." 

"Oh, I usually just walk, so I'm not the person to ask. Maybe someone else might have a solution for you." 

"Ok."

"Hey guys, what are you up to?" Amaya asked.

"Hey A. Grian needs a new set of transportation. Can you hook him up with something?" Dream asked.

"Hmm, I might have something in my everything store. Follow me." Amaya said.

At the everything store

"Ok, well if you want something. You might want a horse." Amaya said. She brought him to the back of the store, where there were dozens of horses, all equipped with a saddle and diamond horse armor. 

"Wow. Can I pick one?" Grian asked.

"Sure, on the house." Amaya said.

"Why on the house?"

"Because I feel bad for you knowing you only had one way of transportation and it's now gone." Amaya said while laughing. Grian looked through the horses. He found one that was brown with a black mane. It also had a slight bit of red on it. He got on the horse, good health. He took it off the leash and let it run around. It was really fast. He let it jump and it jumped over 4 blocks.

"Can I have this horse?" Grian asked.

"Sure." Amaya said. "Take good care of him." 

In the jungle the next day

Grian rode Emerald (that's what he named his horse) through the jungle biome. When he ran into Techno. 

"Hi Techno!" Grian exclaimed. 

"Hello Grian. I would watch out, there's an ocean a couple chunks away." Techno said. Grian realized his horse can't swim. 

"Oh shoot, I don't have anything to get across the ocean." Grian said. Techno reached into his inventory and grabbed a jungle boat. 

"Here, you can have one of my boats. Why do you need to get across the ocean anyways? Don't you have an elytra?" Techno asked.

"To make a long story short, 48 hour challenge. So far 24 hours in." Grian said. 

"Ooh, ok." Techno said. "I'll be off now, I'll see you later." Grian waved goodbye.

Midnight in the middle of the origin ocean

Home of merlings 

Grian laid in his boat, his horse in a separate boat trailing behind. It was midnight and Grian was paddling back to HermitCraft. When his paddles broke, and the ones in the horses boat floated away. Aw sugar honey ice tea. Suddenly, he saw a movement in the water.

"Hello? Is something down there?" Right on cue, Nikki poked her head out from under the water. 

"Hi Grian, what are you doing out on the water this late?" Nikki asked.

"I got stranded headig back to HermitCraft." Grian said.

"Oh, I can help!" Nikki said. She dived underwater and came back up with 2 guardians. She spoke some sort of different language. The guardians wrapped their tails around the holes where the paddles should be and swam towards HermitCraft. 

The next day, 2 hours left in the challenge

In HermitCraft

"I. MISS. MY. ELYTRA. SO. MUCH." Grian said while tying Emerald to his fence.

"Ding ding ding! You successfully completed the challenge! Here's your elytra back." Xisuma said while handing Grian his elytra. "So, what was the challenge like?" 

"Surprisingly, not too bad."