.74. My Wish

Celeste

We were close to my four month mark at the beginning of next month and I honestly couldn't wait to find out the gender. I'll be about 17 weeks by my next appointment so it should be pretty accurate when it comes to finding out the gender. Our families were dying to know and honestly I was too. I had such plans for the room but I wanted a name first so I can get stuff with the initials on it and stuff like that.

So as I wait for my valiant boyfriend to return home from playing baseball all the way out in California I decide to fix up the baby's room a little. We've been picking up some random stuff and our parents are sending a bunch of stuff our way. I know that I will never run out of anything here but I also don't know if I'll have a place to put it all.

I had dinner plans with Jess and Seiko and a few of the other girls later on today and it is getting a little too hard to hide this all. But I'll feel a lot better about everything after my next check up and I'm sure they will all have ideas of what to do to help.

I play some music on Anthony's speakers and I am honestly surprised that they still work. They were outdated and bulky and I had a plan to get him new ones for his birthday. We decided to stay here for the first parts of the babies life so there wasn't too much change all at once. I'm sure we will get a house once it gets older but for now this will do.

I pick up a book my mom got me and read "Goodnight Moon" on the front. It was my favorite as a kid and I loved when she would read me this book. And now I get to read it to a kid of my own and that meant the world to me.

"I hope the days come easy and the moments pass slow
And each road leads you where you want to go
And if you're faced with a choice, and you have to choose
I hope you choose the one that means the most to you
And if one door opens to another door closed
I hope you keep on walkin' 'till you find the window
If it's cold outside, show the world the warmth of your smile
But more than anything, more than anything

My wish, for you, is that this life becomes all that you want it to
Your dreams stay big, your worries stay small
You never need to carry more than you can hold
And while you're out there getting where you're getting to
I hope you know somebody loves you, and wants the same things too
Yeah, this, is my wish."

As I get lost in the thought of motherhood as I do most times I'm by myself I realize that most of my worries come from wanting to be more than I ever will be. I think up these things in my head of what I want for my child but I can only do so much. But I can wish, there's nothing wrong with wishing.

And I wish that this life that I am going to give my child isn't harder than it need to be. I know we will argue and we will not see eye to eye on more than I want. My mom and I are as close as ever and we still bicker about silly things. But I still wish that every opportunity, the good and the bad, finds its way to this child and I would have done a good enough job that my son or daughter will have the strength to make that decision.

"I hope you never look back, but ya never forget
All the ones who love you, in the place you left
I hope you always forgive, and you never regret
And you help somebody every chance you get
Oh, you find God's grace, in every mistake
And always give more than you take
But more than anything, yeah, more than anything

My wish, for you, is that this life becomes all that you want it to
Your dreams stay big, your worries stay small
You never need to carry more than you can hold
And while you're out there getting where you're getting to
I hope you know somebody loves you, and wants the same things too
Yeah, this, is my wish.

Yeah
My wish, for you, is that this life becomes all that want it to
Your dreams stay big, your worries stay small
You never need to carry more than you can hold
And while you're out there gettin' where you're gettin' to
I hope you know somebody loves you, and wants the same things too
Yeah, this is my wish (My wish for you)
This is my wish (My wish for you)
Hope you know somebody loves you (My wish for you)
May all your dreams come true (My wish for you)."

After having a little moment there I tuck the book away and get ready for the day. I change into a long sun dress that covers my bump and some flat shoes because I was not in the mood to steer some heels while being pregnant. I curl my hair a little before deciding it was good enough and taking off.

I find my friends all sat down ready to eat. Once I join them I order a nice tall glass of water and some grilled chicken. I catch up with them as we waste time together until the guys come home.

"I say the next to get married is Anthony and Callie" Jess states as my eyebrows raise.

"We've been together for five months" I laugh.

"Okay. But you've known each other for well over a year and we all know that you're going to be together forever so why not" she asks.

"Well for one I filed for divorce six months ago" I remind her.

"You have a point. But I still say you're next. Then Paige" she claims.

"Please, Kyle hasnt even talked about that" Paige scoffs.

"Well don't hold your breath. The athletes aren't exactly the sentimental type" Seiko claims.

"I beg to differ" I admit. "Anthony is more in touch with his emotions than me. He always seems to have flowers sent or a sweet message or a cute date planned. I've never met anyone so in tuned with themselves" I admit.

"God don't make many like that. And they usually don't end up in professional sports" Jess claims.

"Ain't that the truth" I scoff.