.13. For You I Will

Anthony

After much much much convincing Celeste comes over to my place. At least here she can have her phone with her since I live in water tower and James will just think she's shopping and no one will see us together. She can hang out with me, but a few things and he would never know. It was a foolproof plan really.

So I spent all morning making up my place so it felt like someone's home. Some pictures got put up and I make sure all my pillows weren't tossed to the floor because I fell asleep in the couch last night watching a baseball game like always.

Once the place was clean and I had some food on the stove I hear my buzzer goes off and I smile. "It's Amanda" she tells me and I laugh a little.

"Come on up" I reply.

A minute later she was making herself at home here in my cozy apartment. It probably wasn't nowhere near as nice as the penthouse James got for them but I do pretty well. I have people over a lot because I like to invite rookies over so they feel welcomed and the guys on my team are my brothers and we hang out a lot. So my place was pretty well visited but I would be lying if I said I had a lot of girls over.

"This is a interior designers dream" she claims after I had showed her around.

"That bad huh" I asks as she giggles.

"No. It's actually really good. I like your layout but the way things are set up and the furniture you chose is sleek and modern and there's so much you can do with it" she claims.

"I wouldn't mind if you wanted to add some stuff and change it around. It's looked like this since I moved here a few years ago, it's about time this place saw some changes" I admit.

"Really" she squeals with as much excitement I've ever heard in her voice.

"Yeah, of course" I assure her.

She goes off on a tangents about the color of the walls and how the sunlight comes in through the patio doors making the living rooms natural light bright. I hang on her words as she finally gets to talk about something she is passionate about, she gets to focus on what she imagines and not what she is told to see. And it was a epiphany of some kind, a realization that she is meant for more than what she is doing. I just hope this means more than this girl I like designing my apartment for me.

"There's one thing that can't be changed though" I tell her and she nods.

"Of course, not problem. What is it" I wonder.

"My surround sound speakers stay where they are. They're my pride and joy" I say pointing to the black panels lined up around the place.

"They're a little bulky aren't they" she asks.

"Maybe. But they are the things I use most in this apartment. And I don't believe in a space without speakers" I admit.

"Why would you need surround sound speakers in a apartment" she questions.

"Imprompt dance parties" I tell her. "Watch."

I grab the remote and turn the speakers on and it hooks up my phone. I turn on my Spotify favorites and my walk up song comes on. I stole it from Starlin when he left because he was my buddy and I missed him. But it's stuck this whole time and I never wanted it to change.

As the beat gets louder I dance my way over to Celeste as she just laughs at me. I'm sure I looked like a idiot but it made her smile so it was worth it.

"Dance with me" I beg.

"I don't do this kind of dancing" she giggles.

"Come on. I know you've been in a bar before" I accuse.

"And I was drunk enough to get out and dance. There's not enough alcohol in my system to get me to dance right now" she claims.

"Alright, what about a slow dance then" I wonder as I dance back to my phone. I find a song that would fit us as she just watches me.

"I haven't slow danced since my wedding. I'm not sure I remember how" she admits.

"Let me remind you" I say as the song changes. I reach out my hand and she just looks at it for a few seconds, not sure of what to do.

Finally she reaches out and places her hand in mine. I pull her into me so our bodies were as one. My hand rests on her lower back as her arm wraps around me. I keep ahold of her other hand in mine as I pull her hand close to my heart. We start to slowly sway to the music and I let the lyrics tell the story.

"When you're feeling lost in the night
When you feel your world just ain't right
Call on me, I will be waiting
Count on me, I will be there

Anytime the times get too tough
Anytime your best ain't enough
I'll be the one to make it better
I'll be there to protect you, see you through
I'll be there, and there is nothing, I won't do

I will cross the ocean for you
I will go and bring you the moon
I will be your hero, your strength, anything you need
I will be the sun in your sky
I will light your way for all time, promise you
For you I will, yes yeah, yeah."

"This is wrong" she whispers and I shake my head.

"But it's not. We're just dancing" I assure her.

"But the way I feel in your arms is wrong. The way that I don't want to ever leave is wrong. The way I would do anything to stay in this exact moment for the rest of my life, that's wrong" she says softly.

"It's not wrong of you to wanted to be treated fairly, to want to be seen as the beautiful woman you are, to be loved" I say to her.

She looks up to me like that was exactly what she wanted to hear. Like that's what she needed this whole time.

"I will shield your heart from the rain
I won't let no harm come your way
Oh, these arms will be your shelter
No, these arms won't let you down
If there is a mountain to move
I will move that mountain for you
I'm here for you, I'm here forever

I will be your fortress tall and strong
I'll keep you safe, I'll stand beside you right or wrong

I will cross the ocean for you
I will go and bring you the moon
I will be your hero, your strength, anything you need
I will be the sun in your sky
I will light your way for all time, promise you
For you I will, yes yeah, yeah

For you I will lay my life on the line, for you I will fight, oh
For you I will die, with every breath, with all my soul
I'll give my word, I'll give it all
Put your faith in me, put your faith in me
And I'll do anything oh."

She softly rests her head on my chest and I'm sure she could hear my heart beating as hard as ever. But she didn't seem to mind any, her head pressed against my chest like that's where she needed to be.

And as the song goes along I realize that I would do anything for this girl. Anything. Whatever it takes for her to be happy and for her to feel like she belongs somewhere in this world, and she belongs here with me.

"I will cross the ocean for you
I will go and bring you the moon
I will be your hero, your strength, anything you need
I will be the sun in your sky
I will light your way for all time, promise you
For you I will, yes yeah, yeah
I will, I will, I will

I will cross the ocean for you
I will go and bring you the moon
I will be your hero, your strength, anything you need
I will be the sun in your sky
I will light your way for all time, promise you
For you I will, yes yeah, yeah
Promise you, for you I will
I promise you, for you I will."