XLVI. What do we do now?

Grace climbed down off the stage finding her seat at the front. One of the assistant principals stood calling out the names one by one. When Grace's name was called her family erupted into cheers. She looked out to see them all Dean and Declan were the loudest making her smile the brightest. After the ceremony, Grace made her way to her family. Emily quickly grabbed her daughter, pulling her into a tight hug. "I am so proud of you." She said kissing Grace's head.

When she let go JJ was quick to take a hold of her. One by one Grace was hugged by her family. They all huddled for a picture. After what felt like a thousand photos Grace jumped was from behind "We did it!" Grace smiled, dropping the man on her back to the ground.

Dean quickly scrambled to his feet "What the heck!"

"Did nobody teach you it's not nice to jump a lady?"

"You? A lady?" Dean said teasingly. Grace punched him in the arm. "Hey hey. I'm just here to tell you that we are doing group pictures over there."

Grace looked over at her Mom's who both smiled saying "Go."

Just before Grace walked away Declan grabbed a hold of her arm "One last thing we have to do." Declan scooped Grace up, placing her onto his shoulders. "Where to Princess?"

Grace pointed with a large smile "Onward sir Declan."

Three months later.

Emily stood in her daughter's doorway. Boxes were scattered across the floor. Tomorrow they were dropping her off at Yale. JJ walked up behind her wife kissing her neck "Love?"

"Yes, baby?"

"Are you coming back to bed?"

"A few more minutes."

JJ nodded watching her daughter as she slept.

Twas the following night. JJ and Emily walked into the house exhausted. Emily stepped out of the shower into the empty bedroom "Emily?" When she got no response she went out hunting for her. She found Emily sitting on their daughter's bed facing the window. "Baby?" JJ asked gently sitting beside her wife.

"She is gone."

"She's just at college baby."

"She's all grown up. She left the house."

"She will be back."

"Where did the time go. When did she grow up?"

"Oh, honey I know."

JJ hugged her wife. Emily stood stone cold at the school as she watched her world walk away. It wasn't until now that the two fully swallow the fact they now had an empty nest.

A/N: All you wish to see will be addressed in the next chapter. I know it's short but please trust me! All will come in full swing in good old Kathrine literature fashion.