XII. Cheering Squad

A/N: If you figure out why the special number is the special number I will be very impressed!

JJ and Emily climbed into the bleachers. Emily was wearing a sweatshirt and JJ was wearing a jacket with a hat each article repping Grace's school. They found a good spot toward the top on the 50-yard line. Girl's soccer was big at their school so the student section was packed. JJ and Emily waited as JJs parents, Elizabeth, Luke, Garcia, Reid, Rossi, Krystall, and Tara walked in with big smiles on their faces. Garcia leaned over "What number is our dear gumdrop?"

"Her lucky number." Emily winked

"16?"

JJ nodded.

They looked out on the field to see Grace warming up with all the girls. JJ's Mom leaned over saying "I feel like I'm seeing you out there."

Elizabeth said, "She looks just like JJ."

Dom JJs father nodded "Moves like her too."

JJ laughed "Not entirely. She does have that Prentiss stance and stare mastered."

Elizabeth nodded "That she does."

They watched as the opening of the purge played and the school erupted in noise. They called the starting line up. 

The announcer yelled "Grace Jaureu-Prentiss!"

JJ and Emily looked at one another jumping up screaming for their daughter.

"Come on ref! What are you blind!" JJ was standing on the seat of the bleachers yelling at the refs. Emily held out her hand as JJ jumped back down sitting on the bench. JJ huffed and shook her head "Can you believe that guy?!"

"No!"

Emily loved this side of JJ when she was fired up watching Grace play soccer. They all watched on the edge of their seats as Grace took the ball running down the field before kicking it in. They all quickly jumped up whistling and yelling. After everyone had sat down and settled Emily leaned over whispering in JJs ear "That's our baby."

After the game, the whole group waited patiently as Grace went to change and whatnot. Grace made her way to the stands but didn't go to or even look for them instead she went over to a tall dark-headed boy. Garcia looked at JJ squealing "Who's the boy?"

JJ muttered out "I have no idea."

Luke said "That boy is awfully flirty. Look at the way he touched her arm."

Tara said, "She is dishing it back just as good."

Emily stood there rigid, jaw clenched. Rossi came up saying "Breathe Mama."

JJ looked around saying "Dean. Dean come here."

Dean walked overstaying on the bleacher above them. JJ looked up leaning over as he said "What's up?"

"Who's the boy?"

The whole team leaned in as Dean said "Logan? Uhm he's your classic all-American quarterback."

"What's up with him and Grace"

"They are how you say talking."

JJ gasped like a teenage girl "No!"

Dean nodded his lips together "He told me he's going to ask her out soon."

Emily stood their sunglasses on top of her head, arms crossed "How old is he?"

"Only a year older."

JJ asked, "Do we like him?"

Dean thought for a minute "He's okay. I personally don't think he's good enough for her but she seems to really like him and he has never done anything for me to not like him."

"JJ nodded slowly saying "Thanks Dean"

"No problem Mrs. J"

After Dean left Elizabeth leaned in asking "How long has this Dean been in love with Grace?"

JJ and Emily leaned over both saying simultaneously "Forever."

Just then Grace made her way over Logan trailing behind her. Grace hugged everyone before pulling back standing beside him. "Guys this is my friend Logan. Logan this is my family." He stuck out his hand to Emily first "Nice to meet you Mrs. Jaureu-Prentiss" before moving on to JJ "You as well Mrs. Jaureu-Prentiss. I can see where Grace gets her smile." JJ felt her wife's hand tighten in her own and she squeezed right back. After he said hello to everyone he leaned over whispering in Grace's ear. She nodded with a smile before he walked away saying "Nice to meet you all."

Everyone smiled but nobody missed the way he ran his hand across Grace's hip and back.

After the family was home and Grace was laying in bed JJ ran in jumping on Grace's bed laying on her stomach head in her hands "So tell me about Logan."

Grace put down her book "What do you want to know?"

"Everything!"

Grace smiled sitting up saying "Well we have biology together and we are lab partners. We started talking about the lab but then our conversations evolved into anything and everything. He invited me to watch his game the other week and I went. Then we started texting more."

"Has he asked you out yet?" JJ asked sweetly

Grace smiled a big goofy smile "He asked me today but I told him I have to talk to you and Mama."

JJ smiled saying "Let me and Mama do our thing and I'll let you know by tomorrow."

Grace laughed "When you find everything out about him don't tell me. I wanna learn for myself."

JJ laughed "Okay!"

"Do you know the date plan?"

"The classic movie or bowling date."

"How are you getting there?"

"Uber."

JJ laughed "How 2025 of you."

They continued to talk until Grace was yawning eyes heavy. JJ kissed her daughter's head "Get some sleep baby." JJ just laid there unable to leave her daughter's side. 

As Emily and JJ laid in bed. Emily said "Spill."

"What?"

"I know you asked her about him. So spill."

JJ laughed "Classic Bio lab partners. He asked her on a date."

Emily's eyes nearly came out of her head "What did she say?"

"That she had to talk to us."

"Good girl."

"I told her we would tell her tomorrow."

Emily nodded "Plenty of time for a Garcia background check."

JJ nodded saying dryly "Exactly."