XL. The Good, The Bad and The Beautiful

"You wanted to speak to me, sir?"

"Yes. Have a seat, Agent Prentiss." When Emily sat down the man looked at her crossing his hands in front of him on the table "Why are you here Agent?"

"Sir?"

"You are a great agent! You used to be in charge of the most talked-about unit in Quantico. Why are you here?"

"I made some people higher up than me angry."

"Well, I am not a man that enjoys dabbling in politics nor do I enjoy being used as a pawn in another man's politics. Go, home Agent."

"Sir?"

"I made some calls. You have your position back Prentiss. Your team is eagerly waiting for your arrival."

"Are you serious sir?"

"I am not one to joke Unit Chief Prentiss."

Emily smiled widely, shaking his hand firmly "Thank you, sir!"

Emily quickly left the office going to work emptying her desk and telling her colleagues goodbye. She never unpacked her apartment. She always hoped she would get to go home and stay home. She packed the little things she needed selling the things she didn't. It took her around a week but before she knew it she was in a car headed towards her home.

JJ and Grace were lounging in the living room. It was a rare off day for JJ. Dean and Hannah were also there the three teens were sitting on the floor by the coffee table while JJ was on the couch. The four had an intense game of UNO going on. There was a knock on the door. JJ stood saying "If either of you looks at my cards I will know and I will demolish you two." JJ opened the door to see Declan and Abigail. JJ wrapped him in a hug "Hey!"

"Mom we came by to tell you guys something-"

"You didn't!" JJ asked excitedly

"I did!" Declan smiled

Abigail held up her left hand showing a sparkling engagement ring. JJ squealed drawing the attention of Grace and Dean. When the two walked in Grace ran over squealing as well hugging Abigail. Abigail and Grace had become good friends over the years. Abigail always found ways to sneak Grace away and go shopping or hiking or a number of other things that the two loved. The group made their way back into the living room. The other two teens congratulated the happy couple before all gathering back around the table. The group played for over an hour. They could be heard shouting, laughing. After the last game, JJ said "Okay okay. You kids keep playing while I start dinner."

Declan stood up saying, "Let me help you."

JJ nodded as he followed her into the kitchen. JJ pulled out all the vegetables and a cutting board. Declan reached into the butcher's block, pulling out the proper knife to start cutting. The two stood side by side at the island. Declan chopped while JJ prepared the chicken. JJ looked over letting her eyes look her son over. He was a handsome man. He had changed a lot since that day JJ first met him. The once timid son of a career criminal was now a confident doctor. He had that Jareau-Prentiss charm and confidence. He stood 6ft with broad shoulders and strong bone structure and muscle mass. While his size and stance would make him intimidating his smile was warm and inviting. He had some of the steadiest hands as he chopped the vegetables.

'Were you nervous?"

"What bub?"

"Were you nervous when you and Mama got married?"

"I was but I was so excited! I was ready to spend the rest of my life with my best friend."

"Me too." Declan smiledJJ smiled bumping her son's shoulder "I've missed you two around here."

"I've missed being around here too. I've just been so busy with work and Abigail and I have been doing a lot of home renovations."

JJ looked over at him laughing "I know you have a life, honey. You don't have to justify yourself to me."

"I know I just feel like I have to justify myself to Grace."

"Why? She knows you have a life."

"We just used to be so close. I would come and sneak her out of school and just go take her to get ice cream."

"YOU TOOK HER OUT OF SCHOOL!"

"Hey, hey. It was a while ago but those are my best memories."

"Then find a new way to make those memories WITHOUT taking my daughter out of school."

As they continued to work they heard a commotion in the living room before they heard the front door opening. JJ walked around the island and into the opening between the kitchen and the living room "What is going o-"

JJ looked to see her wife looking at her with a large smile. Grace was wrapped around her front. JJ dropped the spatula she was holding. She put her hands over her mouth tears in her eyes. Emily gently pushed Grace off of her so that she could hold her wife. JJ walked up slowly to her. "Is this real? Are you home?"

Emily smiled widely "I'm home!"

JJ quickly bound the last few steps jumping onto her wife. She wrapped her arms firmly around her wife. JJ pulled away as Emily leaned down kissing her firmly. After that Emily took a hold of JJs hand and they all made their way into the living room. JJ and Emily sat together on the couch. Grace sat on the other side of Emily while Declan and Abigail sat on the loveseat. Hannah and Dean remained on the floor. Dean asked, "It's great and all you are back Mrs. P but why are you back?"

Emily smiled "My old boss hates playing politics so he made a few calls and made me Unit Cheif again." She looked over at JJ "As long as you are okay with that?"

JJ smiled widely "It never felt right when you weren't home."

That night JJ was standing infant of the vanity washing her face. Emily walked in behind her wrapping her arms around JJs torso. JJ leaned back as Emily kissed her shoulder. JJ asked "That story you told earlier is that the truth?"

Emily pulled away "Yeah bob. Why wouldn't it?"

"I don't know. It just seems too easy."

Emily shrugged "Maybe it is maybe it will come back to bite me in the ass but I don't care because I am finally home. For good."

JJ turned kissing her wife "Good."

Emily pulled away "On another note. Declan is engaged!"

"I know its crazy!"

"Did he tell you how he did it?"

"He said he did it over breakfast."

"Well thats sweet."

"He is so excited!"

Emily smile widened. JJ got caught up in her wife's smile and before she knew it the two were engaged in a heated make out session. They two pulled away breathless. Emily said "You gotta stay quiet baby."

JJ moaned a low slow growl.

Emily led her wife into the bedroom pushing her down onto the bed. It was a long night for the two.