I. A Decade Down

"Okay JJ give me one big push!" Emily sat behind her wife helping her push through every contraction.

"That's it! Good job!"

"Emily I can't. I can't."

Emily patted her sweaty head "You CAN do it! Come on baby! You got it!"

JJ bored down and gave one final push. Dr. Montgomery quickly placed the slimy infant on JJs chest. JJ kissed the crown of the baby's head tears streaming down her face. Emily kissed all over the parts of JJs face she could reach before whispering "Our daughter is here. Grace is here."

JJ whispered, "She's perfect."

"JJ. JJ!"

"Wha- what did you say?"

"Honey, where did you go?"

"To when she was born."

"Hard to believe she's ten." Emily kissed her wife's head as they stood once again in the doorway of their daughter's room.

Emily nodded saying "A decade."

JJ said, "Can't believe we've been hitched for twelve years."

Emily nibbled her ear saying "Best twelve years."

JJ nodded with a smirk "Absolutely." Pulling her wife into a long kiss.

Grace said "I know you two love to watch us from the doorway all the time. But really with the kissing."

JJ and Emily gave each other a look. Grace backed up onto her headboard saying "No. no don't do it."

But it was too late the two had already run to her tickling her. "Please... stop... please."

The two eventually gave up laying on either side of Grace. Grace instinctively curled into Emily laying her head on her chest. JJ ran her fingers through her daughter's long hair saying "So your Mama and I have been talking."

"And..."

"We have decided that since your party isn't until this weekend we will play hooky with you today and do whatever you want."

Grace's face lit up! This was a rare occurrence with her mother's job. "Really?!"

Emily said "Really! So what does the birthday girl want to do first?"

Grace thought for a minute before saying "Can we make pancakes."

JJ and Emily both quickly rolled out of bed. Emily bent down throwing Grace over her shoulder, something she knew she wouldn't be able to do much longer. The couple made their way to the kitchen. Emily sat Grace down on the kitchen island as JJ pulled out the ingredients. As the family got to work on the batter JJ nudged Grace, smirking at her before reaching her hand into the flour container flicking flour at Emily. Emily immediately Emily stopped mid-wisk mouth open and looked over at her wife. Emily reached her hand into the flour jar flicking the flour at her before reaching her hand in giving Grace a little flick of flour. Grace's laugh stuttered as her face matched Emily's from only a few seconds ago. They quickly turned into a flour fight resulting in all three and the kitchen coated in a light dusting of flour. Emily pulled Grace off the counter, pointing her in the direction of the shower. "You go get cleaned up and we will have a steaming pile of pancakes waiting on you." JJ and Emily quickly wiped down the counter and changed before Grace came galloping down the stairs. They all sat and enjoyed a stack of pancakes. "Where to now?" JJ asked

"Can we maybe go to the practice field?"

JJ looked over at Emily with puppy dog eyes. Emily smiled saying "I already have the soccer bag and practice balls in the trunk."

JJ and Grace smiled at one another doing a high five. They quickly went and changed into more activewear. JJ and Grace sporting similar attire of leggings and long sleeve dri-fit while Emily was in jeans and a sweatshirt. Emily laughed as JJ and Grace raced to the car. They drove down to the field and Emily parked in front of field five. Emily once again watched as her two girls walked onto the field like at her first game. This time however Grace ran and jumped onto her Moms back. JJ jogged them to the field. JJ and Grace sat and stretched before running two warm-up laps around the field as Emily worked on setting up the cones. JJ and Grace raced back to Emily. Emily watched in awe as the two fought over the ball racing to the goal. Grace inherited her JJs athleticism in every way. Through the amazing support of them, Garcia and even Declan Grace is able to play club soccer practicing constantly playing games every weekend. JJ and Emily fought hard to have at least one of the two of them home to watch a game but that didn't always happen. They knew it was hard on Grace but she always handled it like a champ! They played for several hours before Grace plopped down on the grass looking up at the sky breathing heavily "I'm hungry."

JJ looked down at her panting "Me too."

Emily said, "Me too!"

They all stood up walking to the SUV driving to get food before going home. They all went inside and showered. Emily and JJ finished first going to the living room. Grace walked down JJ asked "Movie?"

Grace said "Sure! Uhm how about "The Karate Kid"?"

They smiled and JJ moved to where she had her back pressed into Emily's front. Grace went and sat beside her moms. An hour into the movie Emily looked down to see JJ asleep Grace snuggled onto JJs front sound asleep. She smiled down at the two kissing the crown of JJs head. JJ whispered her voice thick with sleep "She's ten."

Emily whispered, "That she is."

"I love you two."

"I love you two too."