XXI. Kindle

A/N: ⚠️Sexual Assult, Eating Disorder, Rape⚠️

Heavy Trigger Warning for the next several chapters

Kate walked into the kitchen phone in hand. "Moms I have to ask a question."

Emily and JJ stopped preparing dinner turning to their daughter. JJ asked, "What's up babe?"

"Can I go to a party tomorrow tonight?"

Emily and JJ looked at each other and Emily said "Mom and I need to discuss okay."

Grace nodded "Absolutely."

That night Emily and JJ layed in bed JJ turned to Emily "This party?"

I think we should let her go."

"Really? You Mrs. Protective Mama Bear wants our sixteen almost seventeen-year-old daughter to go to a high school party?"

"Yeah, I think it would be good for her. Let her be a kid. Since the car accident two years ago she's been working on her PT and soccer so much I feel like she has completely forgotten how to be a kid."

JJ thought for a moment before saying "Okay. She can go."

Emily smiled, kissing her wife's cheek and the two fell asleep.

~~~

JJ and Emily stood in the foyer with Dean and Grace. JJ said "Be safe! Make good choices! If you drink, cover your drink. Be home by 2 at the latest okay?"

"Okay, Mom."

"Okay Mrs. JJ"

Grace and Dean arrived at the party she poured herself a drink shortly after Grace became less and less aware of her surroundings. She was led up the stairs in a confused haze. A few minutes later Dean was frantically looking for his best friend,

"Has anyone seen Grace? Grace! JP!"

Someone tilted their head up the stairs. Dean burst into the room, ripping the boy off of Grace yelling "Call 911!"

Grace looked at him barely conscious as he patted her head saying "Hang on Grace their coming."

"Dean?"

"Yeah, it's me."

"I want my Moms." Before she completely slipped unconscious

"SOMEONE CALL 911 DAMN IT!!"

~~~

When the ambulance pulled into the bay Declan ran out to meet it "16-year-old girl found unconscious at a party. Signs of sexual assault."

Where's the guy?"

"Police custody."

Declan looked down at the girl. He really looked at her. Black eye possibly a broken eye socket. Declan quickly pulled away "That's my sister! Someone page Rhodes!"

He knew if he couldn't be the one to treat her he was going to find the best.

~~~

It was twelve when JJs phone started ringing she answered it as she dried the plate in her hand saying "Hello?" as the person on the other end talked. The plate slipped from her fingers. Emily ran into the kitchen "What happened!?"

JJ was never one to freeze but at that moment she was frozen. Even after the car accident, the two jumped into action but something about this made her freeze. Emily's eyes widened as her wife's face morphed from concerned to terrified. "JJ what is it?"

JJ swallowed "I-Iuhm don't know- Grace is in the hospital."

Emily rushed to her wife saying "Come on JJ! We have to go!"

JJ jumped out of her haze, fear still deep inside her stomach. As they made their way quickly to the garage Emily silently praised herself for being too lazy to switch cars at the BAU her government-issued SUV sitting in the driveway. JJ took her resident seat in the passenger side while Emily quickly sat behind the wheel. She flipped on the sirens backing quickly out into the road speeding off into the night. As they drove Emily looked over asking "What did they say?"

JJ shook her head "Nothing. Just that she is in the hospital."

After a long pause, JJ said "Emily I have a bad feeling about this one."

Emily nodded too scared to acknowledge the same sinking feeling in the pit of her stomach.

Emily and JJ ran into the hospital they ran to the front desk but were greeted by Declan yelling "Moms! This way!"

Declan has tears in his eyes but the two couldn't think about that. The three jogged down the hall stopping at a door. Declan led them into the empty room and Emily looked around frantically "Declan where is she? Why didn't you take us to her?"

Declan said calmly as possible "I need you two to sit down."

JJ said nervously "D what is it?"

Declan sat down running his fingers through his hair "Mom. Mama. She was raped."