XIX. Shock and Awe

A/N: You may hate it. You may love it. If I focus too hard on the broken leg we aren't going to keep moving. The leg is to prepare you guys mentally for what is coming that's all I can say right now😉.

7 weeks later

JJ watched as her daughter placed her hands on either side of the balance beam as she flexed and tried to stand. Grace exhaustingly stood with the help of her physical therapist. She had been working her ass off. JJ felt she was pushing too hard but Grace was just like her mothers and as bull-headed as them two. Grace slipped. JJ's heart went straight to her feet but settled as the PT caught Grace. Grace looked over at her Mom. "I'm okay."

6 months later... Grace defied all odds beating everyone's predictions. 

JJ and Emily along with the whole team and Elizabeth sat on the edge of their seats as Grace took her first cleated step onto the field. Grace looked up into the stands throwing a fist at the bleachers. JJ had tears in her eyes as her daughter ran flawlessly through the field. They all stood on their feet cheering as Grace scored. Grace was running when she was tripped. JJ cringed ready to run down as she watched her daughter fell hard and get cleated in her freshly healed leg. Grace stood up hoping up a few strides before taking off at a full-on run. Emily watched as her wife quite literally took a sigh of relief. After the game, Grace ran up to her family a bright smile back on her face as she hugged everyone. Dean ran up behind Grace lifting her high in the air "You were incredible!"

Grace smiled widely "Thank you."

Emily said "Okay. okay, put her down... So I can pick her up!"

Emily spun her daughter in circles kissing her cheek.