IX. Girls are Mean

A/N: Strong Language

JJ was sitting in Emily's office doing paperwork when her phone rang. Emily looked up asking "Who is it?"

JJ's eyes filled with confusion when she said "Grace's school."

Emily stood from her desk going to stand in front of her wife leaning back onto the table her arms crossed.

"She did what!... Yes we are on our way... see you soon... bye"

JJ and Emily both stood grabbing their jackets they quickly exited. Reid looked up asking "Do we have a case?"

"No."

"Than what's up?"

JJ said quickly, not slowing down, "Grace got into a fight."

Emily and JJ climbed into the SUV as they pulled out of the parking garage. Emily turned to her and asked, "Any idea what happened?"

"Other than it involves that Ashley chick."

"Mean Ashley who's been tormenting Grace?"

JJ nodded. Emily's knuckles turned white as she gripped the steering wheel "Well we know she wouldn't throw the first punch."

JJ said "I know. That's why I'm pissed."

When they arrived at the school they walked into the office to see Grace sitting in a chair outside of the door. She was holding an ice pack up to her face. JJ and Emily walked up to her looking her over. One bruised hand, a black eye, and a busted lip. JJ asked, "Where's Ashley?"

"She and her parents are in there with the Headmaster."

Emily asked, "Have they asked for your side?"

Just as Grace was about to respond when the door opened and Headmaster George stuck his head out saying "Mrs. Jareau-Prentiss"

They both stepped in. Grace could hear the parents bickering.

~~~

"She punched my Ashly!"

JJ was fired up "Oh really! Your daughter looks a lot better than my girl."

Headmaster George said "Ladies! Ashley, what happened?"

"I was talking to her then she totally went psycho and started hitting me."

JJ turned to her "Where?"

"What lady?"

JJ gritted her teeth "It's Agent Jareau-Prentiss. Where did the fight happen? What part of the school."

"The hallway by her locker."

JJ turned to the headmaster "With how much money we pay for tuition and the fact I saw five on my way in, I say we review the video footage."

Ashley jumped in "What! You can't do that! It's like an invasion of privacy or something."

"Actually Ms. Hollingsworth we can."

~~~

After a few minutes, Emily stepped outside. She walked over and sat beside Grace patting her leg. Grace asked, "How did you get out of there?"

Emily smiled lightly "Trust me. Your Mom has enough bear for the both of us."

Grace smiled lightly. Emily turned to face her saying "Just me and you. Tell me what really happened."

Grace took a deep breath "I was standing by my locker..."

----

Grace was looking in her locker when Ashley came up "Hey fresh meat."

"What do you want Ashley?"

"Where are your friends?"

"I don't know."

"They probably left you. You loser."

"No. No, I don't think so" Grace said very sure

"I would." Ashley leaned in whispering "No one wants to be friends with a dyke baby."

"Ashley why don't you and your little rich ass turn around and walk away. At least my parents love me and aren't out screwing others every weekend."

Just then Ashley became furious and lunged at Grace. Grace stood her ground.\ she didn't cower but she didn't fight back. Ashley landed a few good hits and didn't let up. Grace finally pulled back, punching Ashley good one time. By then Dean had come up and pulled Ashley off of Grace. The Headmaster's voice quickly cut through the commotion "My office. Now!"

----

Emily took a breath digesting everything that was just thrown at her. Emily leaned in saying "Between me and you and me I am very proud of you."

Just then JJ stuck her head out of the door saying "Come on you two."

Emily stood up helping Grace to her feet and she wrapped her arm around Grace's shoulder. When they stepped inside Ashley was sitting in the corner with a frown on her face while her parents looked annoyed.

Ms. Hollingsworth, you are to be suspended for fifteen days and are expected to write a 20 page paper on the history of LGBTQ+ rights. As for you Ms. Jareau-Prentiss I sadly have to give you the mandatory ten days but I promise you will not fall behind.''

"What! Why does she get off so easy."

Mrs. Hollingsworth said, "Oh Ashley shut up."

JJ and Emily walked into the BAU Grace leaning into JJ as they made their way up to Emily's office. Several minutes later Tara walked in with an ice pack in hand "Hey kiddo."

Grace took the ice pack giving her a light smile. Reid, Simmon, and Luke popped their head in the doorway with questioning eyes. Grace laughed gently "Come sit down. I'll talk."

Matthew called back "Rossi!"

Rossi sat in a chair beside the couch JJ, Emily and Grace were on while Tara, Matthew, Luke, and Spencer all sat cross-legged on the floor in front of the couch. As Grace started to say what happened Luke put his hands in a fist "Did you give her the old one-two?"

Grace smirked "Only needed one."

Rossi smirked "Looked like Pennsylvania petite is hereditary."

Matthew laughed "That's not all Pennsylvania. That's some Prentiss."

Grace laughed "I get it both my moms can beat people's asses."

JJ gasped "Language!"

"Sorry, Mom."

JJ kissed Grace's bad eye "You get a pass just this once."

The group continued to talk for a little while. Emily could feel Grace getting sleepy in her arms and whispered "Alright guys. Back to work."

They all stood up leaving before one by one they all returned with their paperwork scattering around Emily's office working in comfortable silence.

When Grace woke up from her nap she went into the lounge fixing popcorn. Throughout the course of her trying to eat it JJ smirked saying "Throw me a piece." JJ opened her mouth.

Grace expertly arched the popcorn into JJs mouth. Across the room, Tara said "Me!" 

They spent an hour passing popcorn into one another's mouth laughing when they would miss.