XIV. On the Big Screen

A/N: I have never really written cases so please go easy on me.

Emily and JJ walked into the BAU. Emily and JJ quickly jogged up the stairs saying "We got a doozy."

"Where are we headed, boss?"

"Wyoming. Body found in a cave."

"That's not like us to take one body."

"Body in a cave times six caves."

"That sounds more like us."

The bodies are all women's hands and feet bound together..."

They discussed for another twenty minutes before deciding to go to the jet. JJ and Emily walked out side by side. Emily called Elizabeth while JJ called Grace. "Hey, Grace."

"Hey, Mom! Where are you headed this week?"

"Wyoming."

"Am I at Grans or Garcias this week?"

"Grans."

"Okay."

"Honey are you okay?"

"Yeah, I'm good Mom!"

"You know we hate to leave right?"

Grace said lightly "Mom. We have this conversation every time you leave. I am okay. Do I miss you? Of course! Am I mad at you two? Never! You two are freaking Wonderwomen and Supergirl I couldn't be more proud."

JJ laughed saying "I love you bird!"

"I love you too Mom. Tell Mama too okay?"

"You got it, angel!"

"Stay safe!"

"Always!"

When they arrived in Wyoming the team split up. Rossi and Prentiss went to the precinct while the others split going to caves. When everyone was back at the precinct JJ stood back and just stared at her wife. They had had a long day. They knew this one was going to be hard but seeing those girls really did a number on everyone. Watching Emily was one of Jjs favorite things. Emily always tells JJ how she commands a room but really she believes it's Emily. This only increased when she became unit chief all those years ago. Emily had always fascinated JJ. The way she stood, walked, talk, though. Every aspect of her being intrigued JJ. This only grew after their marriage. So right now JJ was just watching. Breathing in her wife as she saw her gears spinning. Tara walked up, handing JJ a coffee asking "What's got her attention?"

JJ shrugged saying "I can normally tell. She's stressed."

"I think we all are."

JJ nodded sadly. Reid walked in folder high in hand "We got a lead." Just as Emily turned JJ caught a glimpse at her wife's eyes and for a fraction of a second, she didn't put her emotions in a box. Anyone but JJ would have missed it. Devastation. Her dark, all-knowing eyes held devastation.

They worked well into the morning working hard to build a profile. The unsub was a white male in his mid-late forties, one of the broadest pools to search through. Around 3 a.m. Emily finally said "Okay guys let's all go get some sleep and start fresh in the morning. They all drug their feet out of the precinct. It was four when JJ and Emily were finally settled in their hotel bed. JJ glanced over at the clock saying "It's 6 a.m. at home she's probably awake."

Emily nodded with a yawn "Give her a call."

"Are you sure baby? You look exhausted."

'After what we've seen I need to lay eyes on her."

JJ nodded knowingly, grabbing her phone she hit Grace's contact. After two rings Grace's face appeared on the screen. Her hair was up and they could see her pajama top. "Hey, sleepyhead. Did we wake you?"

"Not at all Mama! I'm heading down for breakfast."

JJ asked, "You skip the morning run?"

"Yeah. I and Gran were up late last night."

Emily asked, "What were you two crazy cats doing?"

"Talking."

Emily smiled saying "I bet she loved that."

"We both did! How's the case?"

"You know we don't tell."

"I can still ask."

JJ sighed saying "It's good to see your face."

"It's good to see your faces too."

"We love you."

"I love you guys too."

The next morning JJ and Emily begrudgingly climbed out from under the warm bed. Emily made a few calls for the day while JJ headed to the station. This case turned out to be exceptionally long causing them to stay for a week and a half. Very late on a Wednesday night Emily and JJ walked their tired body into their home and up the stairs. Fear quickly woke JJ when she looked in her daughter's room to see it empty. Quickly walked to her bedroom hand on her gun. What she saw instantly warmed her heart. Grace was curled up on JJs pillow wearing one of Emily's shirts. JJ walked over kissing her daughter's head before going to put her gun away and change. Emily followed suit. The two didn't have the heart or energy to move Grace and so they just simply scooted her over. She instinctively leaned into Emily breathing in her scent. Letting out a content sigh knowing her parents were safe at home.