Chapter 24 {Edited}

Isabella pov

My head snaps in his direction.

"What did you just say to me?"I stare at him in shock, shaking my head hoping it's just my mind playing tricks on me.

"S...She's alive...S...she left you because you...You got in her way"He says smirking lightly,even in pain he's still acting like he's the man

"D...Did you really believe...She died?"He says before he groans in pain.

Richardo looks at him clenching his jaw.
"Stop lying!"He puts his gun up aiming at his head, I walk over to him grabbing his hand and shaking my head.

"Wait, don't, I need to know if he's telling the truth".

"Isabella he's lying,he doesn't want me to hurt him so he's trying to make up a lie to keep him alive"Richardo spits out frustrated.

"I can't risk it, I'm sorry but I need to know"I turn to my dad, crossing my arms.

"How do you know she's alive?"He lifts his head slowly coughing.

"I helped her escape".

A wave of sadness and betrayal rushes through my body after his words,it can't be true,my mom loved me,she would never leave me with him.

"You're lying"I say, raising my voice a little.

"A...Am I? L...Look at my phone,the name...Lindsay...That's her"He says while coughing and gasping for air, I turn to Richardo and he nods walking over to a small desk and grabbing my dad's phone.

"If you're lying...I can't even explain the things I'm going to do"I say taking his phone.

"What's the password?".

"11121999"I type in the numbers and the phone unlocks, I go to his contacts searching for the name Lindsay.

I press the number and put it on speaker .

After a few rings I hear a familiar feminine voice making my heart drop.

It can't be.

"Hello"I stare at the phone in shock...It's her, that's my mom's voice, Richardo notices the shock in my eyes and grabs the phone putting it in front of my dad with a gun aimed at his head.

"J...Lindsay".

"Frank,are you okay? Why are you talking like that?".

"Y...Your daughter and her little boy...Got me"She gasps loudly.

"That little brat, I told you she would do something stupid"My eyes fill with tears and I take a few steps back.

Richardo whispers something in his ear and pushes the gun against his temple.

"C...Can you pick me up? I know where I am"I sit on the chair staring at my feet.

"Are you alone?".

"Yes, please hurry up".

"I'll be right there,send me the
location"She hangs up and Richardo puts in the location then walks over to me, squatting down.