Chapter 31 {Edited}

Isabella pov

How can I be so stupid? What made me think that he would even be interested in me without having any other intentions in the first place? I feel so used and disgusted,all he wanted was to prove that he can manipulate me...I really thought he wanted to be with me, turns out I'm just one of his games.

I could see regret in his eyes when he pushed me,I know he didn't mean it but it really hurt,not the fall but the fact that he couldn't control himself,it hurt how he lied to be and used me,made me believe him...The worst part is that I thought he would be my happy place,the person that would protect me and love me,that he would cancel the contract so we lived a good life...I was living in a fairytale.

I ran out of the office as fast as I could bumping into Austin in the hallway,he asked me what happened but I ignored him and went straight to my room.

"Mommy!!! Daddy tricked me!"I turn and see Ariel outside,her face pressed on the glass,I unlock the door and she runs in my arms,I hug her tight inhaling her scent,I didn't mean to break down in front of her but I did.

"Mommy,what's wrong?"She asks while wiping my tears with her thumbs, I smile shaking my head.

"Nothing sunshine, everything is okay,go get dressed and we're going out okay?"I say giving her a kiss on the cheek.

She hesitates but nods at the end, with a  frown on her face,she runs in the bathroom and I let out a shaky breath closing my eyes.

What do I do now? I can't let him get away with this but I'm too shocked and speechless to say a word, I'm just...I can't process it.

I wipe my face with my sleeves taking a deep breath, I press my back on the cold wall sliding down and letting my body hit the tiles.

My body is completely numb,my head is a mess and I feel like I got hit by a fucking train, I don't know what to do,what to think or say but I can't be here,I can't be in the same house with him.

The bathroom doors opens and Ariel steps out wearing a red summer dress,her face sad and worried.

"Did you find something bad in daddy's office?"She asks squating down in front of me, I smile shaking my head.

"I didn't, I'm just a little emotional"I say giving her a confident smile,she bites the inside of her cheek tilting her head in confusion.

"But why? Why are you so sad?".

Her question makes my heart sink,I don't like lying to her, I bite my lip fighting back tears.

If only you knew how long I've been like this.

"Don't worry about me, I'll be fine...You stay here for a few minutes and I'll come back,okay?"I say standing up,she grabs the corner of my shirt tugging it slightly.

"You promise you're okay?"I nod.

"I'm great sunshine, here"I take my phone out handing it to her.

"You can play games until I get back"She takes my phone and her face lights up.

"Okie, I will"She says.

I leave the room and start walking towards the office,my feet feeling heavier by each step I take.

I wanted to turn around and walk right back in the bedroom but when I heard Richardo and Austin yelling, I gathered all my courage and walked in.