✶ 43: kageyama - confession

"i really like you!"

you feel your cheeks flush at the sudden confession, the boy in front of you sporting a red face as he bows in attempt to hand you a letter.

kageyama stands by your side, his eyes narrowing at the sudden intrusion and he knows that the expression he must've had on didn't look anything near kind.

he's never one for confrontations. in fact, situations like these only make him sympathetic to the times he almost threw up in nervousness when he first asked you out.

fortunately for him, you accepted what he felt for you, and as far as anyone was concerned he wanted to make sure that he'd be the only guy you'd ever say that to.

you feel the tension get heavier the more you wait to reply, your boyfriend's intense gaze making the atmosphere almost as thick as ice.

you hear him shuffle beside you, your mouth quivering into a polite smile as you take the letter of confession from the boy's hand.

kageyama's quiet and hesitant but nevertheless he crosses his hands over his chest, his features softening as he says, "we'll think about it."

you see how the boy's eyes in front of you slightly widen in realization, an apologetic expression immediately making its way to his face and you're almost guilty that that was the reply.

he looks like he wants to apologize, you see that, but he doesn't get the chance when kageyama turns his feet to walk away, his hand tugging on yours and you're left to only give one last polite smile before trudging along.

the air is silent as you two walk, a fair amount of distance between you and him but you don't fail to notice the way he scratched his head with a faint redness staining his cheeks.

kageyama turns to you for a quick second, "in case you forgot, i also still really like you."