✶ 31: tsukishima - rain

you and the rain had a painstaking relationship in which you'd try your best to avoid it and it'd go out of it's way just to make sure every little bit in your life was annoyingly inconvenient.

you accepted this, you were always a cloudy day kind of person anyway. a little rain couldn't possibly push you enough to ruin your life.

or at least is what you thought, until now.

drenching your favorite winter coat the first time you decided to wear it out? fine, it was an ugly color anyway. making you slip in front of the nekoma volleyball team two years ago? forgiven, accidents happen all the time. but trapping you and your ex boyfriend in a bus stop alone together? now, that felt unbelievably personal.

you clutch your book bag close, feeling a chill run down your spine as tsukishima stands next to you. his glance set straight into the upcoming freeway, neither of you acknowledging the painstaking awkwardness in the space.

you haven't seen each other since you broke up with him, and well, that's mainly because he's made it annoyingly obvious that he was avoiding you.

"well," you decide against your nerves, clearing your throat as you give him a polite smile, "this is unfortunate."

he doesn't reply. in fact, he doesn't acknowledge your presence next to him at all. his gaze fixed in a monotone expression, not even sparing you a glance.

you laugh it off, nervously trailing with a wavering voice, "right."

"i guess it has been a while since we last saw each other." you say again, shrugging as you smile to yourself instead.

tsukishima doesn't say anything. he blinks as if he'd rather count every raindrop falling to the concrete than having to stand next to you for one more second.

you sigh, your arms over your chest as you lower your voice, "real mature."

he looks at you finally, probably to reply to that one comment you didn't really anticipate for him to hear, but he never got the chance to say anything when a bus finally stopped just by your spot.

tsukishima smiles, his voice almost as condescending as the times he'd talk to kageyama. "i'll take the next one."

"you know," you bite back a scoff, burying every foul word you'd wanted to say with a forced smile, "i thought we'd at least wish each other well or something."

he looks at you, "except i don't,"

"don't what?" you ask as he stares, his smile unwavering for even a bit and you wonder if he's feeling a tad bit guilty.

his smile stays as he shrugs, "i don't wish you well."

or at least, not when you weren't with him. not when you're still the one person he thinks about when all he wants to do is hate you.