✶ 42: tsukishima - keys

"a key?" you ask as you watch tsukishima's expression turn timid, catching on to the barely visible redness that dusted his face.

"you're over at the house so often," he avoids your eyes, "it's only natural you get your own,"

you smile at his response, remembering the last time you caught him in such a flustered state, coincidentally being when he first asked you out and the snow that encased your surroundings only strengthened that feeling of deja vu.

it's been about four months since you two started dating and whilst there were things that you both disagreed on, it was still nice to be his frequent one and only exception.

"you already have most of my jackets," he tells you, bringing up his scarf to cover his nose from the cold but you could still spot the light blush he unwillingly sported. "just take the key too."

you laugh, "was this your mom's idea?"

tsukishima narrows his eyes, turning his heels to walk ahead of you in the snow and for the third time today, he's regretting the fact that he even brought up the idea.

your laughter increases at his reaction, walking a bit faster so you catch up to him and once you do, you realize how nervous he must've been to tell you all this.

he sighs, "you don't have to take it, i know that it's kind of a big step."

"of course i'm taking it," you tell him, your shoulders easing back as you look up at the almost gloomy looking sky.

there's a pause in the air, the sound of crushed snow enveloping the atmosphere every time either one of you took a step forward and you're almost in satisfaction at the comfortable silence you two walked in.

you shrug, "i just wanted to tease you."

tsukishima smiles, "you're such a child."

"i'm a child with your house key," you say back and suddenly, the moment couldn't be any better.