✶ 24: seijoh 4 - moving in

it's been exactly two weeks since you've made the decision of moving in with your best friends, and so far, everything's been a bit better than you expected.

when the idea was first pitched to you, you admit, you thought it was a very poorly written out joke shared over a few beers and the pitiful nostalgia of graduating— you were wrong.

they were alarmingly serious about this.

"just a few months 'til we all head off for college." hanamaki told you, his arm casually over your shoulder and you've known him long enough to know that pushing him off is futile.

"then do it without me." you said, a lazy smile on your face as you continued to walk. "i'll visit literally every day."

"no, you won't," matsukawa said, his words laced with a soft chuckle, "you don't ever go anywhere without being physically dragged off."

"you don't understand," you smiled, "i have such a lovely room."

iwaizumi fell next to you, his voice blunt, "you can have the biggest room."

"that's not entirely better." you shrugged.

"at least think about it," oikawa told you, his charming smile coating his tone and you found a bit of warmth in the reserved gaze you realize he only had for you, "for me."

"as if that's the selling point, shittykawa!"

"i am always the selling point, iwa-chan!"

you ignored their usual banter, moving away from the four as you quickened your steps and you sighed. "i'll think about it."

you don't miss the shared grins they all give each other, knowing you well enough to understand that they've successfully wore you down and before you knew it, you were signing a lease to a four bedroom loft that you were lucky enough to afford.

it didn't feel weird or anything, you've known these guys since forever and more, really the only problem you've had with this was the fact that you knew how much of a slob they'd all be to live with — not that you were any better — but hey, surely you were neater than four sweaty athletes.

which brings you to where you are now; just a few weeks after graduating from aoba johsai and barely even a few days since getting comfortable in your new temporary apartment.

you figured it was better than you expected.

hanamaki's nice to keep around. he's almost always just lounging in front of the tv, sometimes a controller in his hands, most of the time, his fingers running through his short trimmed hair as he shifts over numerous college application essays.

you've found yourself waking up at three am a few times to get yourself a cup of water only to see him to have fallen asleep on the coffee table with folders and envelopes around him.

sometimes you'd sit with him, sometimes you'd wake him up to help him trudge to his bed. either way, he'd always end up pulling your head close, giving you a quick kiss on the temple as he sleepily mumbles something along the lines of "thank you" or "good night".

iwaizumi's somewhat the same; buried in college prep and sorting through plane tickets as he made the ever so impressive decision to take his future abroad. you'd told him numerous times how proud he made you and he'd always give you back the warm grin he seemed to have reserved just for you.

he isn't the last one you see off to bed, but he's always the first to get up in the morning. no matter what time you wake up, he's already there in the kitchen brewing a pot of coffee (much to your dismay since his blend is a tad bit bitter to your liking but you've never had the heart to tell him that).