✶ 08: kuroo - restless

"you look like you haven't gotten a second of sleep last night," you point out, laughing, and kuroo nudges you playfully at your side.

he looks at you, tired, "captain obvious, you want a medal?"

"ooh!" you smile, a twinkle in your eyes, "cranky kuroo is mean!"

last night was terrible for kuroo - he turned and tossled relentlessly in his bed over and over again to no avail.

he groans inwardly, scowling at the memory of his attempts to try and get some rest and how they all eventually just fell futile. some luck, huh.

"can i ask why, at least?" you nudge him, bringing his attention back to you, "can you give your lovely best friend that?"

he looks at you, voice blunt, "kenma's my best friend." joking.

you put a hand over your chest, faking a dramatic gasp, "cranky kuroo's mean and an asshole!"

he bites back a laugh.

"you're seriously the worst," he tells you, but you don't take his words to heart, not when he's got the same smile he'd always give you when the two of you joked like that.

you smile, "you're seriously not gonna tell me what's kept you up all night?"

"nope." he says, grinning like a cheshire cat as he puts an arm over your shoulder, and grinning even wider when your attempts to push him off fail.

"well," you roll your eyes, giving in to his touch, and you click your tongue, "just know i'm totally gonna think weird things about why you didn't sleep last night."

"that's still better than actually telling you the reason," kuroo says, ignoring you, and there's pride in his chest, knowing that that made your interest peak even more.

you roll your eyes, "you're such a loser." pushing him away, and you run ahead of him, flipping him off.

kuroo laughs - running after you, "i'm your loser!"

"i'm calling the cops, don't you chase me— !"

he smiles, watching you run faster, and there's a soft thud in his chest as he notices how your laughter grew louder the more he caught up to you.

maybe one day he'd finally have the courage to tell you how he felt, - and with that, how the reason why he's been having so much trouble sleeping is because his mind just can't stop thinking about you - especially when it's his absolute favorite thing to do.