✶ 13: kuroo - enchanted

kuroo stands by a door, the blazing led lights switching from blue to red to green making him want to roll his eyes in annoyance. he hated parties, he really wouldn't be caught dead in them, and the fact that his friends even got him to attend this one was beyond him.

he was tired, annoyed, bored, and that was only the pinnacle of what he felt about this evening. really, he just wanted to go home.

"not your scene?"

kuroo blinks, his glance falling to his side and there he sees - well, he's unsure. between all the lights, and the people, and the way too loud party music, he really just did feel confused as to why someone he didn't even know was speaking to him.

but it was early, and yaku would hand his ass to him if he left so soon, so he smiles, polite - alright, he'll bite.

he looks to you, raising his voice a bit, "is it obvious?"

kuroo sees you a little bit better now, you smile and he watches you nod. for one thing, he really didn't expect you to be so attractive. why in the hell were you talking to him when you looked like that?

you laugh, yelling, seeing that the party music only got louder by the second, "what're you doing here anyway?"

"got dragged by my ass!" he yells back, wondering if you could even hear him, and his heart pitter pattered when you laugh again.

between the desperate need to go home and the fact that you were really really good looking, kuroo wonders how in the hell did he find himself in this position.

this really wasn't his scene, he wouldn't be caught dead in it, so he swigs down the last of the liquid in his plastic red cup, lowering his head down a bit to your face and he tells you, heart in his throat, "do you want to go somewhere quiet?"

you glance around the area, searching the room for your friends who so shamelessly left you by yourself, you sigh, knowing that you probably won't get to see them again 'til the next morning.

"i don't know," you look back at the tall man next to you, you grin, "you're kind of a stranger."

"that's true." he tells you, laughing, voice smooth but you can tell by the way he fidgeted that he was more nervous than he was initially leading on.

he says, "but i mean, i can change that right now."

he tells you his name - kuroo tetsurou of nekoma high school. you smile and ask him if he thought he was smug, he tells you he just found you charming.

he - kuroo - holds out his hand in front of you, a relentless grin on his face as he got his car keys out of his pocket and he asks you again if you'd want to go.

really, kuroo doesn't know where he got this sudden confidence from, but right now, between the loud music and annoying lights, he really wished you found him as enchanting as he found you.

you take his hand, "where do we go?"

"i have no idea." he tells you, smile widening, and before you could say anything else, kuroo drags you off, heart in his throat, and so so enchanted.