✶ 35: kuroo - drive

kuroo likes having a car. he likes that he doesn't have to keep riding the overpriced train just to get to school, and he especially likes how he can start going places on his own without having his father to drive him.

but above all that, his absolute favorite thing to do with it is to hit you up in the middle of a cold night just to see if you'd want to go to the most random places with him— and in his case, you always do.

"this is the third night in a row," you tell him as you hop off your bedroom window. luckily enough, your parents never did like two story houses so this just became more convenient for you to leave unannounced.

kuroo smiles, "just tell your mom, she likes me."

"i don't think she'll keep liking you if she finds out that her kid is sneaking out at 2 am because their stupid boyfriend has an unrealistic amount of gas money." you say, patting yourself off from the bushes that you apologetically trampled.

kuroo takes your hand in his, pulling you to walk faster and when you unwillingly bump into his frame, he just takes it as another chance to tug you along.

his smile is relentless, "where are we going tonight?"

you smile, "you're a total car junkie."

"i agree." he says, "but where do you wanna go?"

you roll your eyes playfully as he opens the car door for you, dragging yourself to sit in your now familiar seat and you fall back in content as the soft cushion caught your posture.

kuroo's first instinct is to put on your seat belt for you, something he's always done and something he's not planning to stop doing anytime soon.

his hand on the stick shift, he looks at you with an amused grin, "where are we going tonight?"

"lets just see where the freeway takes us," you give him a smile, softly tugging on your seatbelt as you claim the aux cord, and a sense of comfort sets in when you realize how used you are to all of it.

kuroo nods, dramatically stretching his knuckles as he got ready, and once he noticed the inner debate you were having between "harry styles or lana del rey" in 'which artist to play first' he takes his chance to take in an off guard kiss.

his smile is vivid under the streetlights, "let's see where the freeway takes us."

surely enough, kuroo likes having a car, but that doesn't compare to how much more he likes having you next to him in it.