✶ 25: kuroo - among us! au

kuroo sees the blood staining your cheek, your fingertips trembling and he's unsure if it's from the cold or from what you just did.

you're almost certain he'd call for the meeting and tell everyone you were the imposter— not that you'd want it any other way, you didn't need to hurt any more people than you'd already have.

kuroo walks towards you. his hand making its way to your face and he doesn't say a word.

he takes his time wiping away the sticky red adorning your skin and the more he does, the more you feel tears brimming your eyes.

"be careful."

those weren't the words you expected to hear, and he's damn certain they weren't what he expected to say either.

kuroo looks at you with a smile, "people are going to think you're the impostor if you keep getting yourself dirty."

your eyebrows furrow, "no— you don't under—"

"i'll protect you." he tells you, adamant on not letting you tell him something he'd rather not know. at least from you, anyways.

it felt twisted to have him stick by you especially now that he's aware of who you were and what you've been doing, you weren't exactly sure why or how far he was going to go for you, but you've got to admit— this was way better than being alone.

kuroo takes a deep breath, shaking away every other thought he had and for another second, he turns to look at you, "we're gonna win."

he says that with certainty, complete trust in his affections for you and even though he's unsure of how to actually do that, he's already made up his mind that he'd get you there safely no matter what.

even if you were the danger.