✶ 34: atsumu - a broken hand

"can i carry that for you?" you turn your head to see atsumu behind you, unusually early since you're used to him coming to school a lot later, but then again he's asked you this question for the past week now so you're gradually getting used to it.

you give him a polite smile, and as you've told him for the past four days, "i actually got it, but thanks— again."

"then how about lunch later, are you fre—"

you cut him off, "don't you have practices at lunch? i heard kita saying something about it yesterday."

you feel bad for shooting him down and even though he's trying his best to give you an unshaded expression, you see past through that and hope that he stops his attempts here.

"give me a chance here," he tells you, his eyes almost pleading as he does.

you laugh as you shake your head, "i have, and it didn't work."

"i'm an entirely different person now." he tells you with a chortle that didn't seem to die down even when you repeatedly told him no.

atsumu gives you a look, placing his grip on his backpack's strap and he sighs, "i'm trying again tomorrow."

you nod, "i'll say no again tomorrow."

"how predictable of you." he tells you with a newly branded smile, bending down to give you a quick kiss on the cheek before you could even react.

you hold back a laugh as you process what he just did, mildly raising your voice as he turns to leave, "you can't do that anymore!"

"oh," he looks back with a grin, "forgot!"

atsumu feels his heart pumping as he walks away, his attention mildly focusing on his steps and for a quick second, his glance falls on his hand.

his left hand that was perfectly fine three weeks ago was now covered in bandages from what he's claiming to be an "unfortunate accident".

"you look annoyingly happy," osamu says, appearing by his side as he turns the corner.

atsumu nods, "we're getting back together— soon— i think—no— i know."

"how?" his brother grins, "punched another wall? because that went great the first time."

"go away now," he rolls his eyes, waving him off as he stalls to enter their classroom and he could only feel terrible for having been reminded of what drove you away in the first place.

"an entirely different person." he repeats to himself, sighing a breath of relief while he looks forward to seeing you again tomorrow, not as the guy who punched a wall in a jealous fit, but as someone who's not gonna stop trying until you say yes to him again.

seeing that he's definitely not gonna lose you because of a broken hand.