✶ 28: kuroo - tie

"red or blue?" kuroo holds out two ties in front of you, his dress shirt sleeves rolled out to his elbows and you avert your gaze to ignore the lazy smile he has on.

"blue dulls out your eyes," you say, voice flat as you turn your back away from him.

you grin, "if you wear the red you might seduce Hinata enough to recruit him."

"oya," he hums, taking a step closer towards you, ignoring the fact that you're still trying to shuffle away. "you're not mad at me anymore?"

you roll your eyes. it's been a few weeks since he left your anniversary dinner early to pick bokuto up from the airport, and honestly, your anger's flamed out a bit dull now, but of course, that doesn't mean you couldn't enjoy him striving for your affection for just a little bit more.

you turn to face him, ignoring how his grin widens and you push his hand away.

you take the red tie in your hands, glaring as you stare at his face and he relaxes in your touch as you bring the fabric around his neck.

you've never seen him actually fix his tie perfectly before— no, it's always been you behind the beauty of those knots, and by the way you see partial relief in his eyes, you know he knows this too.

"i'm mad at my husband," you tell him, focusing more on looping the red fabric in your hands than the way he's trudging to bring his face closer to yours.

you sigh, "but if the head of JVA asks me which tie makes his eyes pop then i'm obviously going to help him in that."

"the head of JVA is lame," kuroo pouts, his hand pushing yours away for a second and brings your face to look up to his.

he tells you, softness in his voice, "your husband misses you."

you push him off, "whatever."

ignoring his groans, you leave the room. the soft placing of your steps indulging in the annoyed muttering of your name.

you call out with a concealed grin, "i'm going to shower."

it doesn't take long for kuroo to come to where you stood, his grin lazy and inviting — like the ones he'd give you every time he insisted on paying for dinner.

there's a towel thrown over his shoulder. disregarding the fact that he's already dressed and ready for work, he stands over you.

his eyes sly as he says, "what a coincidence, i'm going to shower too."

"nope." you snort, pushing past him. "nice try though."

he groans, throwing his head back and he looks to you, pleading, "it's been three weeks."

you smile. the first one all day. "too bad, but i am still mad at my husband."

"screw him," kuroo's quick with his words, his words entangled with a string of laughter, and he inches closer to you, "sleep with the head of JVA instead, he's wearing a stunning red tie— i heard it makes his eyes pop."

you laugh. the one that you only had reserved for his annoying jokes, and you don't notice it but there's only fondness in his eyes as he stares at you.

he missed you so much.