✶ 32: atsumu - compare

you are atsumu's dating standard.

with all the people he meets, he makes sure to filter them through a system that he's taken after you.

it sounded insane, borderline creepy— but if you knew how much it meant to him to meet someone that's half as good as you, he thinks you'd let him off the hook.

after all, you've already rejected him about twenty times over, so this was his way of getting over you, even if he did find it rather stalkerish.

"did you wait long?" you ask, coming up from behind him, and he only ever feels compelled to light up when you're around.

he smiles, "did you take the scenic route?"

"oh," your features falter, "so you did wait awhile?"

atsumu rolls his eyes, lifting up the pink and white plastic bag he hid under his jacket and shoved it to your grasp.

"i really didn't mind waiting." he tells you, walking ahead a few steps to try and avoid the doubtful reaction he knew you'd have.

you stagger to stay behind him, "and this bag of yakult?"

he turns, a smile back on his face, "on sale."

your steps start a skip as you hear this, your hand immediately finding his, and you only felt a little bit guilty for being relieved that this wasn't one of his ways of affection again.

"this is why we're friends, tsumtsum." you tell him, and the only thing that could've possible hurt worse was the fact that your smile felt so sincere as you said it.

he looks at you,"i thought you promised never to call me that."

you shake your head, "you're probably thinking of someone else."

"no, i'm not?" he tells you.

to which you cross your arms to, "you don't know that."

but he does, he knows it well and clear that you're the one who said that since it happened the first time you told him you couldn't like him back.

so yes, he will be continuing to find a love interest he based off of you, it was the least he could do to make up for the fact that you'll probably never like him the way he does.

and even after all that, he's still pretty sure he's setting himself up to fail since he knows damn well— nobody compares to you.