The Grand King and Queen [Oik...

Oleh mangoezhoez

Oikawa's sister... the great Oikawa Tooru, and his little sister. To get out of his shadows you went out to f... Lebih Banyak

1. You Should've gone to Shiratorizawa
2. Meat buns
3. Novice
4. Gungun Yogurt >> Yakult
5. The Flower Pot
6. Dorming
7. The Intersection
9. Oikawa Cuisine
10. Onigiri with da bros~
11. Oversleeping
12. Hacking the vending machine.
13. Hell week but it's training
14. Interhigh
15. Interhigh - Quarterfinals
16. Interhigh - 2
17. Interhigh - Semifinals
18. Interhigh - finals
19. Next Time
20. Off days
21. Super glue
22. The White Knee Pad
23. Caltan
24. Interhigh Nationals
25. Interview
26. Day Two
27. Nationals - Quarterfinals
28. Nationals - semis
29. Beef
30. Party at Aunt Miya's
31. Pond Duel
32. Sick Days
33. Training Camp
34. Training camp - 2
35. Training Camp - 3
36. Oikawa
37. Hyogo
38. Sleepover
39. Love Letters
40. Mani no Pedi
41. Luck
42. Prodigy
43. Let's Get It
44. Thank You
45. Engawa
46. Deal?
47. Lights
48. New Year
49. All-Japan
50. Shark(ie)
51. 113
52. Polaroid
53. Sugar Cubes
54. Onita
55. Iwaki
56. Wanaka
57. Pretty Girl
58. Young Miss
59. Deal.
60. Date Auction
61. Strong
62. Cherry Blossom Tears
63. Peculiar Meetings
64. Seijoh
65. Mija
66. Shoji Screens
67. Practice
68. Doki Doki
69. Intrusive Thoughts
70. Choco Milk
71. Wise Words
72. Fingers
73. Weekend in Tokyo
74. Feisty
75. Favorite
76. Weirdo(s)
77. Like and Subscribe
78. I <3 You
79. Questions
80. Interview
81. Training Camp
82. Dragon
83. King
84. Spooky
85. "Coaching"
86. Athletic Festival
87. Flower Field
88. Friendly Rival
89. W's
90. Party Hardy
91. Class Inspection
92. Sister
93. The Competition (?)
94. Training Camp
95. Kanari
96. Bars
97. Minegishi Minami
98. Call
99. The End

8. First Practice

6.8K 285 51
Oleh mangoezhoez

You put on the black shirt with maroon practice shorts before tying your hair up in a ponytail. You made sure all your makeup was off, grabbed your bottle and gym shoes before walking out and locking the dorm.

You looked down at all the things in your arms and realized it'd have been better to bring a bag, so you reopened the dorm, and swung open the door when you heard something hit the door and the sound of footsteps approaching. You grabbed the little sports bag by the entrance before peaking your head out.
You looked around and didn't see anything, until you looked down and were slapped with strands of hair followed by rapid "sorry's".

Tears started forming in your eyes from the random hair strands that had intruded in them.

Once the tears had settled down you looked down to see a girl bowing, basically on the floor, in front of you.

"Oh my lord oh my lord oh my lord -"

She shot up and looked at you with glossy eyes,

"I'm so so sorry, my water bottle rolled away and then I went to grab it but I didn't see you so I hit you with my hair and-"

She rambled on as you noticed she was wearing the same practice gear that you were.

Judging by the open door from the dorm next to mine, I'm guessing she's the other first year that was scouted.
Tendō-san said Shiratorizawa scouted an outside hitter and a setter this year, she must be the setter.

You placed your hands on her shoulders, stopping her rambling.

"You're fine" You smiled, not one of your fake ones, "it's not like your hair blinded me or anything, plus I'm sure you didn't mean to hair slap me." You laughed which caused her tense shoulders to loosen up a bit.

"So you're fine," You patted her cheek, this reminds me of my first meeting with Tobio. "Anyways, I'm Oikawa Y/N." You lifted your hands from her shoulders and smiled at her.

"K-Kaneko Asami"

She just stuttered, cute

You cleared your throat, stopping yourself from babying someone you had just met, "Do you play volleyball Kaneko-san?"

Her nervous expression changed in a second as she beamed and nodded vigorously at you.

"Yes! I know you play as an outside hitter right?" You hummed in response, "I've seen your games before! We were eliminated last year at the semi-finals so we didn't get the chance to play against you, but I saw your match!"

You must've been more stunned than you had thought, if her team made it to semifinals they must've been pretty good. You didn't recognize her but she must be pretty good considering she was scouted by Shiratorizawa. She must've noticed as her beaming features fell into nervous ones.

"Ah, it might be weird to hear that." she laughed nervously playing with her fingers.

"No! No, normally when people think of Oikawa they think of my brother." You smiled at her, "I'm not used to people knowing who I am." You giggled as she made a sad but happy expression.

"Don't doubt yourself Oikawa-san! Not only mine but many other schools know of you too! Especially the middle blockers!" You laughed at that before stuffing your belongings into the sports bag and closing your door, ushering her to close hers.
We'll be late for practice if we keep talking here.

"Thank you Kaneko-san"

She hummed as you walked down the stairs. She cleared her throat to get your attention, "Oikawa-san, back there you said people normally know your brother but um.." she trailed off as you reached the first floor.

"Who's your brother? I mean if he's more well known than you then he must be very good at his position." You laughed out, louder than you had intended.

"He's like this tall. We have similar hair but he styles it like this" You waved a hand to show his height and moved your hair to show how he sweeps it to the sides. She gave you a blank expression, "says yoo-hoo a lot?" she shook her head "does this a lot" You winked, stuck your tongue out and gave her a peace sign. She shook her head as you stepped outside the dorms.

"My phone's dead but I can show you a picture some time in the future. Or wait- he's coming to pick me up today so you can come with me if you'd like"

You scratched your head.

Pretty sure this is the first time someone didn't know my brother... AND she's a setter.
Hajime-san is going to love this.

"I think it'd be better to just show me a picture, I don't want to intrude." she said, and you shrugged in return, not wanting to push her.

"That's fine" You hummed looking around. "Do you know where the gyms are? I haven't really been paying attention to where we're walking." You sighed as she hummed, "They should be up ahead, although I don't know which one is the girls gym."

"Guess we'll have to peek inside and find out."

_______

You eventually found the girls gym but not before having peeked your head inside the boys gym. It wouldn't have been bad if Tendō hadn't decided to yell out your name and wave at you, causing everyone else in the gym to look over at you. Even Shirabu looked over. He pointed towards the girls gym entrance and wished you luck before going back into the gym. You luckily weren't the last ones there but the atmosphere seemed to have gotten tenser once you had walked in.

Shortly after the last members had arrived one of your senpais yelled out for everyone to line up for the introductions. Starting with the third years.

"Welcome to the Shiratorizawa girls volleyball club, I'm Nakayama Mieko. Third year middle blocker"

She has pitch black hair and brown eyes, and was giving off an intimidating vibe.

I like her already.  

"Goto Utano, libero" Goto followed before stepping back for the other third years to continue. Once they had finished, the second years spoke up, "Okada Rai, opposite hitter and defensive specialist"

There were actually a lot more members than you had thought. That should've been expected considering Shiratorizawa is a powerhouse school.

You had to stop your hand from shooting up to scratch your chin as it always does when you're thinking.

I'm hungry..
I'll convince Tōru and Hajime-san -

"Kikuchi Anzu, outside hitter." the second year spoke up as she glared at you, interrupting your thoughts.

You raised an eyebrow at her before thinking back on the onigiri you'd convince Tōru and Iwaizumi to buy. Your mouth started to water at the thought. You started falling into your onigiri fantasies, interrupted by Kaneko elbowing you. You lifted an eyebrow to her in return before the girl next to you stepped up.

"Sasaki Tomiko, libero from Izumitate Junior High"

Isn't that the junior high that won second place last year?

"Oikawa Y/N, outside hitter from Kitagawa Daiichi Junior High."

You got a glare from the same girl that had introduced herself before, what's up with her anyways. She's a year older so I don't think she has some type of grudge against me, well she shouldn't anyways.

"Kaneko Asami, setter from Nagamushi Junior High."

Kaneko said with a much more serious face than the ones you'd seen her make.

You did know her for a little over twenty minutes though...

The rest of the first years finished introducing themselves before Nakayama spoke up again.

"Okay, now that we're all acquainted, Coach Kojima and Coach Aoki will be getting here in ten minutes."

She said looking over everybody, "hope you're all stretched. We're starting with passing drills."

______

The coaches had come in and explained the basics after introducing themselves. These first two weeks would be a little test period to decide on the starting line up. Once they had decided on the starting line up you'd start with the practice matches to work on your teamwork before the actual tournament. Since Interhigh would be in a little over a month, after these first two weeks practice would go on for longer. After briefing you with the needed information you got straight into practice.

"Oikawa-san, do you know Kikuchi-san?"

You sat leaning against one of the walls after a little less than three hours of practice.

"Kikuchi-san?"

Kaneko sighed before pointing towards the direction she was at with her thumb as not to be seen pointing. In the past three hours she had come to learn that you absolutely suck at learning names. Unless they're someone important like Miss captain, Miss libero, or Miss defensive specialist who kept digging up your spikes.

"The brown haired and dark eyed second year."

The girl that had glared at you before, do I know her? Is she one of my brother's fangirls? Or was she one of the girls I had spiked on accident while warming up for a game a couple years back? If she holds grudges for such a long time she mustn't be a great senpai.
Plus, I was aiming at my brother not another volleyball team.

"No I don't think so" You stared at her more intently.

"She's going to notice you staring if you stare at her that hard Oikawa-san."

She said as she took a sip of water.

"I told you to just call me Oikawa, Kaneko-san" You waved at her with one hand and the other reaching up to scratch your head.

"I'll call you Oikawa when you call me Kaneko, Oikawa-san"

Kaneko said as she placed her drink down. She really does remind me of Tobio.

"Okay Kaneko-chan." You smiled, still staring at Kikuchi from across the room. Now that Kaneko mentioned it though, I feel like I've seen that glare before.

"Okay Oikawa-chan." she said back. Kikuchi must've felt you staring at this point as she turned to meet your eyes before glaring at you and returning her attention to the bottle she was holding.

"Ah I know Kaneko-chan!" You jumped up and looked at Kaneko.

"Lower your voice Oikawa-chan, they can hear -"

"Kikuchi-san's the one who almost slammed her door into my face!" You stated triumphantly placing your hands on your hips, unaware of all the stares you were getting. Kaneko face palmed seeing you have cheerily announced one of your senpais had almost slammed her door into your face.

"Bunny-chan? Someone slammed their door into your face?"

You turned around and saw Tendō and Semi coming into the gym. Semi had told you his name when they dropped you off, embarrassed he hadn't introduced himself before.

"What? How'd you hear that Tendō-san? I was talking to Kaneko-chan about it" You asked him, genuinely confused.

"You yelled it out for the whole gym to hear Oikawa."

Semi said, a smile forming on his lips. You looked around to see that everyone was watching and hearing your conversation. You looked down at Kaneko for confirmation and she nodded. 

You felt your soul leave your body as you turned back around to be met with Tendō's usual cat-like expression and Semi's smug one.

You bowed before them then bowed to the rest of the team, "I'm sorry for not keeping my volume in check." You looked up to see a smiling Nakayama waving it off and a glaring Kikuchi.

You were about to speak again when a laugh resonated throughout the gym.

You looked towards the door Tendō and Semi had just come through and saw as the head coach and assistant coach walked in.

"Don't worry about your volume Oikawa," head coach Kojima laughed as he walked towards you. "I'm more interested in knowing more about this person who almost slammed their door into your face." He said, throwing an icy look towards Kikuchi.

"Nothing happened coach," You laughed nervously. Kojima was one of your dad's friends and although he was normally very nice you didn't want to get one of your senpais in trouble on the first day. "My brother pulled me away just in time so I didn't get hurt." You smiled up at him.

He laughed, "We're lucky Oikawa Tōru has good reflexes huh?" You nodded at him as he turned to look at Tendō and Semi who immediately stiffened up.

"Now, Satori, Eita, to what do I owe the pleasure of having the two of you in the girls gym?" He grinned towards them, "tormenting our first years again?"

They visibly gulped before shaking their head.

Coach Kojima laughed before placing his hands on his hips and sighing.

"Tell coach Washijō I'll go over in a bit."

The two nodded before making their way to the exit, waving back in goodbye.

You waved back at them before the coach cleared his throat.

"Ladies, once you finish stretching you're free to leave. Same time tomorrow. First years, make sure to give coach Aoki your measurements to submit the order for your gear as soon as possible."

He looked around the gym, "Anything you want to add coach Aoki?"

He nodded towards coach Aoki standing next to him.

"I think you got everything coach Kojima." She shook her head.

"Very well, practice dismissed."

Lanjutkan Membaca

Kamu Akan Menyukai Ini

210K 5.7K 44
it was a mutual belief between Kyoya Ootori and Y/N L/N that nothing in life comes for free. everything has a price, be it monetary or not. neither o...
1.2M 40.4K 29
In a school like Ouran Academy, the strange and peculiar is relatively normal. (Y/N) (L/N) knew this fact the first day she walked in. On an academic...
188K 6.9K 13
2 tom dylogii ,,Agony"
29.5K 962 51
"An apology can't change the reality, but it can change one's mind about that reality." ----- A book I managed to whip up in my prolonged spring brea...