She's always kind (Neville X...

By Serenitymoon104

Neville Longbottom was always considered clumsy, anxious and shy, especially by his grandmother. However, no... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28

Chapter 3

2.3K 64 51
By Serenitymoon104

Scotland - Hogwarts school
of witchcraft and wizardry

It seemed as though the tweens had searched the entirety of the train and every compartment they could find. Most students were kind and understanding, others not so much, telling them to bigger off or laughing at the thought of a 'missing toad'. Hermione and (Y/n) had found Seamus in their original compartment comforting a distressed Neville. When the two girl walked into the compartment, the talked boy stood up looking hopeful, to which the girls only smiled apologetically. "Sorry Neville, I'm sure he'll turn up at some point" (Y/n) spoke trying to comfort the boy as he sat back down and sighed. "Oh my gosh, look!" Hermione exclaimed as she pointed to the window, the other three simultaneously turned their heads, curious to see what was so amazing.

Words could not explain how beautiful the sight was, nor could they explain the sheer excitement the tweens felt upon seeing it. A beautiful and mysterious medieval castle was coming into view with every window lit up as they gleamed in the darkness. The two girls' mouths hung open in amazement as the boys looked at them and laughed. Since they had all changed into their robes earlier, they rushed out of the compartment and hastily found one of the train doors where an older student with ginger hair and a red badge that read prefect on it stood, waiting to open the door.

The four friends excitedly jumped out of the train where they stood and gazed up at the beautiful castle. Hermione and (Y/n) had to put Crookshanks and Snowflake in their cages and said their goodbyes before joining Seamus and Neville again who had begun talking to a dark skinned boy who they learnt was named Dean Thomas. (Y/n) looked around at the crowd of mostly first years until her eyes laid upon the large man she had spotted in digon alley the other day. "Right! Firs years follow me to the boats! Firs years!"

(Y/n) looked at her brother grinning as Seamus did the same and followed the large crowd down to a small dock which was infront of a humongous lake that surrounded the castle. Waiting for them were many boats that had lanterns hanging from poles in the middle of the boats. The large man instructed the students saying "four to ah boat now!" (Y/n) and Hermione sat beside one another either side of the lantern in the boat as Seamus sat at the front and Neville sat at the rear. Dean went with Harry and Ron and another first year boy, and once everyone had boarded a boat, each boat pushed off from the small dock.

The boats glided smoothly across the still waters as all the students got a fantastic view of the amazing castle. Hermione and (Y/n) looked at eachother and giggle with excitement as Seamus and Neville just gazed with amazement. After the breathtaking journey across the lake, the boats reached a small boathouse at the foot of the castle where some stairs lead upwards towards it. The students exited the boats and walked in pairs up the stairs towards two large doors, (Y/n) walked with Hermione and Seamus with Neville. As they walked through the doors, they were met by another staircase that twisted and turned a little until all the students gathered in a large group and stood infront of a stern, older looking woman.

(Y/n) stood with Hermione on her left and Neville on her right. "Welcome to Hogwarts!" She spoke in a raised voice so everyone could hear her "Now in a few moments, you will pass through these doors and join your classmates, but before you can take your seats, you must be sorted into your houses. They are Gryffindor. Hufflepuff. Ravenclaw. And Slytherin. Now while you are here, your house will be like your family. Your triumphs will earn you points. Any rule breaking and you will lose points." As she was giving her welcome speech, (Y/n) could hear a faint croaking, out of curiosity, she looked down at the floor and spotted a toad in between Ron and Seamus's feet.

Her eyes widen as she tapped Neville's hand, he turned his head to look at her, a confused look covered his face. She looked at him before nodding her head towards the toad. Neville's eyes instantly lit up "- At the end of the year, the house with the most points will be awarded the house-" "TREVOR!" Neville shouted as jumped towards the toad and knelt down to let the toad step into his hand. The stern looking woman looked down at him a little alarmed and disappointed, Neville looked up at her and gulped. He slowly stood up and nodded his head before quickly uttering "s-sorry" before stepping back into his place beside (Y/n) and Dean.

"The sorting ceremony will begin momentarily" she finished before turning around and walking through the large doors that stood before them. "So it's true then!" a cocky voice spoke out "what they were saying on the train. Harry Potter has come to Hogwarts." (Y/n) looked over the crowd to see a boy with dirty blonde, sleek hair looking over at Harry. Everyone else started whispering in disbelief as Neville turned to Dean and whispered "Harry Potter!?" whilst Dean looked a little confused as did Harry. The blonde boy smirked as he continued to address Harry, "This is Crabbe, and Goyle, and I'm Malfoy. Draco Malfoy" He now stood in front of Harry as Ron sniggered under his breath. Draco's eyes narrowed "think my name's funny do you? No need to ask yours, red hair, and a hand-me-down robe? You must be a Weasley" (Y/n) felt a sudden burst of confidence, not angry, but the urge to defend her friend

"There's no need to be so patronising Malfoy" she spoke kindly stepping up next to Ron. Draco's head turned and looked her up and down in disgust. "Who are you to speak to me like that!? A bit of a nobody if you ask me" (Y/n)'s cheeks flared a bright red in embarassment as Seamus stood in front of her, both being the same height as said "Hey! Don't talk to my sister like that!" Draco only scoffed looking down at Seamus and ignoring him and turning back to Harry "You'll soon find that some Wizarding families are better than others potter, you don't want to go making friends with the wrong sort" he sneered at Ron, Seamus and (Y/n) "I can help you there" he stuck his hand out for Harry to shake.

Harry merely glanced at his hand before replying "I think I can tell the wrong sort for myself thanks" Draco looked at him completely shocked when suddenly and rolled up parchment tapped his left shoulder and he turned to see an unimpressed looking McGonagall. He turned back to Harry and glared before returning to his original place "We are ready for you now, follow me."

She turned on her heels and lead the large group of students through the large doors that had opened for them. Inside was brightly lit hall with candles floating elegantly and four long tables were aligned perfectly with eachother. There were long rows of students at either sides of the tables wearing black pointed hats and different coloured robes a ties to match each house respectively. (Y/n) walked beside Hermione as they both looked up at the ceiling which was a very convincing midnight sky. "It's not real the ceiling." Hermione explained as (Y/n) interjected "It's bewitched isn't it?" Hermione turned to her friend and they both stared at eachother and gasped. At the exact same time they said "Hogwarts: A History?" Both nodding with excitement and giggling til they reached the end of the hall where a large front table with what looked to be many teachers sitting talking to eachother, getting a good look at the new first years.

Specifically a teacher that caught her eye was a sly looking woman with bright amber eyes and white spiky hair from what she could see from under her pointed hat. Almost like cat eyes, they darted from student to student, almost examining each first year like a predator but she smiled kindly as she went back to eat watching a tall white haired man with a long beard and red and gold robes.  McGonagall stood Infront of the students and spoke "Now before we begin, Professor Dumbledore would like to say a few words"

He looked fairly old but had a mysterious and kind twinkle in his eye. He rose from his seat slowly and spoke "I have a few start of term notices I wish to announce. The first years please note: that the dark forest is strictly forbidden to all students. Also our caretaker Mr Filch has asked me to remind you, that the third floor corridor, on the right hand side, is out of bounds, to those who don't wish to die a most painful death. Thank you." He sat back down again and McGonagall came back with her rolled parchment and opened it up  "Now when I call your name, you will come forth, I will place the sorting hat onto your head, and you will be sorted into your houses."

She held in her other had a brown and worn out pointed had that seemed to have a face on the front of it, it looked almost a little creepy. "Granger, Hermione" Hermione looked at (Y/n) almost a little afraid, the girl just looked at her, smiled and told her "it'll be alright, trust me" the bushy haired girl nodded and walked to the stool and sat down. The hat started humming and talking about Hermione but seemed almost unsure. It went on for almost 5 minutes trying to decide between Ravenclaw and Gryffindor. But out of the blue, it shouted "GRYFFINDOR!" Hermione smiled and hopped the stool, walking towards the Gryffindor table and she sat down.

"Malfoy, Draco" Draco smirked and walked up to the stool. The hat was lowered, even before it touched his head the hat shouted "SLYTHERIN!" He rose from the stool looking very smug as he sauntered over to the Slytherin table. "Abbot, Hannah" the blonde girl stepped forward and was quickly sorted into Hufflepuff, then two girls who were twins, Pavarti and Padma Patil, one was sorted into Gryffindor, the other into Ravenclaw, they watched eachother sadly as the walked to opposite sides of the room and sat at their tables.

"Weasley, Ronald" (Y/n) watched with a bit more interest as Ron made his way to the stool and sat down nervously, the hat was placed on his head "Ha! Another Weasley, I know just what to do with you! GRYFFINDOR!" Ron looked very relieved but (Y/n) was a little confused, wondering what the hat meant by 'another Weasley' but she was soon distracted from her thoughts when she heard "Finnigan, Seamus" She watching intensely as her brother stepped up and sat on the stool, the hat contemplated for a bit before shouting "GRYFFINDOR!" Seamus looked very excited as he passed his sister, he quickly squeezed her hand before sitting down at the table.

"Finnigan, (Y/n)" the small girl gulped, all eyes were on her and she didn't know how she felt about it. Breathing heavily, she walked to the stool and sat on it shaking, the hat was placed on her head "Hmmm, tricky one this one, I see immense kindness from this one, intelligent but not suited to Ravenclaw, nor Slytherin, a friend til the bitter end this one, loyal, but I see a very different path for you, to grow and develop into something very different, she seems suited to Hufflepuff, but I see immense bravery for this one. My mind is made up.......GRYFFINDOR!"

The girl sighed in relief and smiled as the gryffindor table started clapping, (Y/n) ran over to the table grinning broadly as she sat next to her brother and hugged him tightly as she smiled at Hermione and Ron from across the table. "Potter, Harry" the entire room went silent as every student watched Harry eagerly as he sat on the stool and the hat was placed on his head. The hat started to go on about there being plenty of courage and talent, but was unsure where to put him. Then it started saying how Harry would do well in Slytherin whilst the raven haired boy almost looked like he was begging the hat for something. Ultimately, the hat shouted "GRYFFINDOR!" everyone started clapping and cheering as Harry came and sat next to (Y/n) and the prefect she was next to. Everything was going perfectly as the sorting ceremony had finished, Dean and Neville had also been sorted into Gryffindor and then the feast could begin.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

60.1K 1.5K 32
Y/n Slughorn approaches her 4th year in Hogwarts. Except, this year things change. Especially Neville Longbottom. But Y/n could never fall for nevill...
524K 6.9K 94
I wanted to make a preferences book. Here it is. Enjoy. I do: Harry Ron Fred George Neville Draco
9.6K 411 31
your a slytherin, he's a gryfindoor, but you both can't get caught! you and Neville were somewhat friends but this year you are much closer (year thr...
374 15 7
A Neville Longbottom fan fiction โŒฑ Y/n y/l/n and Neville Longbottom have been friends since second year. Their love for each other finally gets not...