Descended Alpha Mate

By freedahmyst

In a world where Witches and Werewolves are enemies, detesting each other's presence. A Tribid is created unk... More

Prologue
Chapter one
Chapter two
Chapter three
Chapter four
Chapter five
Chapter six
Chapter seven
Chapter eight
Chapter nine
Chapter ten
Chapter eleven
Chapter twelve
Chapter thirteen
Author's Note
Chapter fourteen
Chapter fifteen
Chapter sixteen
Chapter eighteen
Chapter nineteen
Chapter twenty
Chapter twenty-one
Chapter twenty-two
Chapter twenty-three
Chapter twenty-four
Chapter twenty-five

Chapter seventeen

108 12 1
By freedahmyst

Lizelle

Getting to the library, I was met with a broken padlock laying on the floor. The padlock that looks a thousand years old, which obviously belongs to the door to the library. Someone must have broken into this place and stolen a book. The person definitely is an outsider, one that doesn't live the pack house.

Because all the members that live in this pack house know that the key to the padlock is always placed deep inside the stone filled flower pot beside the door. Ignoring the fact that a thief had literally broken into pack's library, I entered the library with one sole aim.

Get the book and get the hell out of here.

Heading to the place I first found the book, I groaned. I don't really remember which role the book is. God am I so stupid. But who am I to think that I was going to need the book later.

Setting my jumbled thoughts aside, I walked to the next row with the same hope of finding the book. When I saw the number, I began to trace it carefully. 1, 2, 3, 4, 5........ No it wasn't up to five, because it caught my attention immediately I saw it.

I went back to counting again. Picking out the book as I read the title. None of them holds the title of the book I am looking for. Did the thief that broke in steal the book? How is that even possible, there is no one that could have been interested in that old ancient book. I, myself found it by mistake.

Deciding to come back for the book and search for it thoroughly, I left the library and headed for my mum's cabin. Perhaps I could have breakfast with her since its still very early for her to wake up. But I am sure she is already awake.

             ********************
I didn't bother to knock but use my spare key. I take it with me everywhere I go just in case. The door made a clink sound, signifying that it's opened.

Smiling, I took in the homely scent of my mum's cooking. She is preparing breakfast already, she must be going somewhere important and early.

I walked in further and heard  nothing after shouting hello like a thousand times.

I entered her room and heard the splashing of water. She is having a shower. I turned and was about to leave when I noticed something lying on her dressing table. Something pretty much familiar.

The old ancient book.

How on earth did it get to mum? Why does she even have it. So she is the thief that broke into the library. How did she even know about the book? It was just me and Evelyn that know about this whole thing. My mum only knows about the part of me not shifting yet.

I am such a weird daughter.

When I noticed that the shower water had stopped pouring, I quickly took the book and exited her room.

If not for the fact that I want to know the reason why she stole the book, I would have ran away with it, without her knowing. But I want to know what she knows and I am also willing to tell her everything. Everything that I know and she doesn't know.

Moments later, I heard her light footsteps after sitting in the living room for over twenty minutes.

Didn't know old people take that long to get ready.

My mum isn't that old. She must be around forty or forty two. My dad and her mate quite early and as a result, my mum gave birth to me at the age of seventeen.

When she noticed me sitting on the couch, she furrowed her eyebrows together making it obvious that she wasn't expecting to see me.

I smiled at her, hiding the book under the soft cushioned pillow. "Mum, how are you doing?" I asked, not wanting to raise any suspicions whatsoever.

"Lizelle! I wasn't expecting to see you today, is everything okay?" She was trying her best to hide her anxiety.

Way to give off the 'I did something bad' impression.

"Yeah, I know. Thought of giving you a surprise visit before leaving with Nathan to our new house," I said adjusting the book properly without her noticing. "Although I am not happy about it."

She sat on the couch opposite mine, looking at me weirdly. "About that. Myrele told me herself. It's a big shock to us how you healed her, mostly me."

I shook my head. Surprised at her tone. She said she was shocked but she doesn't act like it. Is it possible that she knows about it?

"Uh mum? The real reason why I came here is not to visit you. Actually there is something you don't know at all." I rubbed my sweaty palms together in anxiety.

That seemed to catch her attention because she suddenly sat up, in readiness to listen to what I have to say. She leaned forward and intertwined her hands together, letting them rest on her lower jaw.

Releasing the breathe that I have been holding for who knows how long, I rushed out the words out. "Evelyn told me that I am some sort of creature. She called it something like a Tribid."

Gone are those days where I will tell my mum about a big secret and then run all the way to my room, not sure how to face her. Like the time where I told her about my first kiss.

God was that an embarrassing moment.

Now I am going to wait and see what her expression is like. Hear her first recent thoughts and not the ones she had argued with herself with. The ones that she had fought out of her mind.

I raised my head up and stared at her, expecting her to scream, gasp or even yell. But none happened. She stood up and walked towards me and smiled.

"Why did it take so long for you to tell me and open up to me?" She asked, smiling at me again.

Okay, it's getting creepy.

"Uh?"

She went back and sat down. "The day you came back home after staying at the hospital for three days, and that Evelyn came to visit you, I was also there. I heard you conversation right before I entered," I looked down shamefully.

"Of course I was hurt that you didn't share any of these with me but I later came back home and fought with my anguished thoughts."

See what I mean.

Then something clicked. If she knew all about this then why did she steal the book? She would have helped me instead of 'kidnapping' the book.

"Then why did you steal the book?" I asked, not sure of why she did it. And immediately I brought out the book from the 'sacred' hiding place. Which literally is just behind me, in between the soft cushions.

She shot her head up towards me so quickly that I thought it was going to snap. Only to look down, not being able to hold my gaze.

"Sorry about that. I didn't want you to get involved in this whole Tribid shenanigan." She apprized, rolling her eyes.

I sat up, suddenly getting hungry. I went straight to the kitchen and opened the small cooler places on the kitchen counter. I opened it and the pancakes hit me. I checked her food time table. Mashed potatoes and fried chicken was written boldy written. Then why did she make pancakes?

Mum entered the kitchen looking around for something. Her awaiting eyes finally landed on the cooler between my palms. "You didn't eat breakfast before coming here?" She asked, quite surprised.

"Yeah I was in a hurry to come here and it was too early. I don't like eating that early." I said, opening the cooler and grabbing a plate from the dish rack.

"Oh! I was going to visit Evelyn before you got here and talk to her about this whole thing. That's why I got up early." She pointed out. I was confused as to why she got up this early but I just brushed it up.

I nodded. Placing two pieces of pancakes on the ceramic plate, I picked up the maple syrup jar that was placed by my mum in the one of the opened cabinets.

"I don't get it. Why did you make pancakes today?"

"No reason." Was her short reply.

As soon as I was done with my food, my mum's phone rang. I took the plate to the sink and began to wash. Few minutes later, she came back to the kitchen after going out few minutes ago to receive the call.

She placed the plate inside the sink for me to wash, patting my back as she left. When I was done with the dish washing, I cleaned my hands with the neat towel laying on the counter.

I left the kitchen and passed my mum's room to the living room. I heard her arguing with someone one the phone. When I heard someone's name, I didn't have any order choice than to retrace my steps to eavesdrop.

Noah.

Why is mum arguing with Noah? Does she knows something that I don't? I thought we were done with hiding things from each other.

I leaned in better so I can hear much more clearly because she was speaking in a hushed manner.

"Don't you dare give me that trash! I already paid you enough to stay away from my daughter, so you do just that." I heard her yell onto the phone.

With this, I got more curious.

She kept quiet for some minutes before I heard something I most dreaded to hear. "You will have to kill me before you get to my daughter, you bastard!" She yelled, and from the sound of her voice, she was getting angrier.

Then followed by silence. I think she has hung up on him. I was about to leave when I heard her say, "This is all our fault, Micheal."

I shook my head.

No mum and dad. This is all my fault.

           ******************
Heyya Amigos,
Things are getting even tenser. Noah is such a jerk. He keeps going and coming. I don't even understand him anymore. Lol.

Thanks for all the votes and comments.

       And,
Vote, comment and follow before you exit. Thanks.......

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

4.9K 75 17
Raven was the Beta of her cousin's pack. Best friend to the Luna. That was until she found out who her mate was. In their world werewolves don't age...
6.8K 257 19
Completed! One family was able to have one child. The family made up of Jasmine's mother and father. Sadly, the mother died from an attack on the pac...
648K 21.9K 59
In a world where werewolves no longer have fated mates, Blake wants someone who she knows will be there for her unconditionally. But she also wants h...
29.6K 509 5
Four generations of war ended the moment he saw her. Alpha Kane has been waiting six years for his mate. Unable to search for her because of the gen...