Billionaire's Untamed

By _MidnightDreamer01_

This is a spin-off/ Sequal of Mr. Billionaire's love. PREVIEW: Xander Crawford has his mother pestering him t... More

BILLIONAIRE'S UNTAMED
|| Chapter 1 ||
||Chapter 2||
||Chapter 3||
||Chapter 4||
||Chapter 5||
||Chapter 6||
||Chapter 7||
||Chapter 8||
||Chapter 9||
||Chapter 10||
||Chapter 11||
||Chapter 12||
||Chapter 13||
|| Chapter 14||
||Chapter 15||
||Chapter 16||
||Chapter 17||
||Chapter 18||
||Chapter 19||
||Chapter 20||
||Chapter 21||
||Chapter 22||
||Chapter 23||
||Chapte 24||
||Chapter 25||
||Chapter 25.1||
||Chapter 26||
||Chapter 27||
||Chapter 29||
||Chapter 30||
||Chapter 31||
||Chapter 32||
||Chapter 33||
||Chapter 34||
||Chapter 35||
||Chapter 36||
||Chapter 37||
||Chapter 38||
||Chapter 39||
||Chapter 40||
EPILOGUE

||Chapter 28||

5.7K 255 21
By _MidnightDreamer01_

~Courage is not the absence of fear. It's the ability to act in the presence of Fear.~

~ ALEXIS ~

"You sit here, I will come back with the first aid box." I helped her to sit comfortably on my couch.

After that accident, I offered to help and take her to the hospital but she refused, saying she wasn't hurt much and would like to go back home. I offered to call Logan too but apparently, he was busy with something and she didn't want to worry him with a few scratches.

Being the warm person -that I am- I couldn't just leave her alone, so I decided to bring her to my apartment, which was near the accident point. 

I came back with my medicine box and started treating her. Thankfully, there wasn't any serious damage. She had a sprained ankle and a few scratches.

She winced once in a while when the ointment stinks her wounds. I closed the box after properly treating her. "Thank you so much." She whispered, gratefully.

"Oh, it's nothing. Are you feeling alright?" I asked.

"I am ok. I should go back, I have so much work to do." She tries to get up.

I frowned. "You shouldn't work with those wounds, take some rest."

"No, no, it's nothing. I am usually very clumsy, so it happens to me all the time. Don't worry." She waves her hands.

"But-" I was cut off by my phone rings. It was a call from Jade. "Excuse me, this is from my office."

"Yeah, sure. Go ahead." She smiles, sitting back on my couch.

I nod and pick up the call. "Hey, when are you coming? Boss asked for you like two times." Jade's voice yells from the other side.

"What are you talking about? Isn't today Sunday?" I asked, confused.

"Wait- didn't you get the text message Karina send this morning?" She exclaimed.

Jesus, that bitch Karina again!

"I didn't get any message." I sighed, massaging my forehead. I don't understand that girl sometimes, well, all the time. I know there is a mutual dislike between us, but shouldn't she be a little more grown-up and not be a child when it comes to being professional.

"Did you check?" Jade asks.

"Trust me, I did." I haven't stopped checking my call log or inbox since last night!

"Well, that's odd." She sounds, confused. "Anyway, Boss called some of us today for some urgent meeting. Can you come fast? George is freaking out."

"Now? But I have a guest-" I paused when I look at Nina who was shaking her head mouthing, it's ok, we can go. "Ok, tell him I will be there in 15mins."

"Yeah, sure. Come fast." With that, we hang up.

"I am so sorry..." I started but she cuts me off with a shake of her head. "No, no. You don't have to apologize. I was going to go back anyway. You can drop me off on the way to your office." She said.

I smile, relieved. "Ok, I need to change real quick, can you wait for 5 minutes?"

"Yeah, sure." She says and I ran back to my room. "Ah, Alex." She calls out making me halt and turn around. "Yes?" I question.

She blushes before replying. "Can I use your washroom? I need to pee." 

I chuckled at her cute behavior. "Absolutely, there's one inside that room." I point to my study. "You can use that." 

"Thanks." She smiles.

After about 7mins, I was changed and came out, at the same time she did.

She was still in there?

"Oh, you are ready? Let's go." She says, walking ahead without waiting for me.

Huh?

.

"Take the next left," Nina informed the driver. "Don't worry it's a shortcut." She assured me when I open my mouth to tell her my office wasn't there.

My eyebrows furrowed in confusion, what shortcut?

True to her we reached right in front of my office building within a few minutes. "Wow, I have lived here for 4 years and I had no idea about this. Are you sure you only lived here for a month?" I teased.

She chuckles. "I keep wandering around the neighborhood. I found this recently." She shrugs and my mouth opens my mouth in O. "You go first, I will take the cab."  

"Uh... ok. Take care and you can call me if you need anything." I smiled. She gave me a tight-lipped smile, whispering a "Thanks" before banging the door shut. I flinched back at the sound.

What wrong? Is she mad at me or something?

And they drive away.

Weird.

.

Running inside the elevator, I pressed the button with my floor number on it and froze when I realized something.

How did she know I work here?

I don't remember telling her. I try not to divulge much information about me or Xander. I was way too careful with my words when I am around them.

And she wasn't there when I told the uber driver the address.

So, how the hell she knew?

~.~ ~.~ ~.~ ~.~ ~.~ ~.~ ~.~ ~.~ ~.~ ~.~ ~.~ ~.~ ~.~ ~.~ ~.~ 

I ran inside George's cabin after knocking. "I am sorry, I am late," I announced, breathing heavily.

"Where the hell were you?" Geroge yelled.

"I am sorry, I didn't know about the meeting. I didn't get the text," I informed him.

"What are you talking about? I did text you." Karina defends herself.

"No, you didn't or maybe it didn't send, but I never got a text from you." I breathe out.

"That's impossible, I am sure I did send it." She shrugs.

"I am not blaming you, Karina. It might be a mistake." My voice slightly wavers in anger because I know she did it on purpose. 

She scoffs. "There's nothing to blame me for because I did send you the message. Why do you always keep putting all the blame on me? Even a few days ago you said you gave me the Huston file when you didn't?"

I swear to god, it took everything in me to not scream at her when I spoke again. "Don't pick a fight today, Karina. It's not the day for me. I don't wanna fight." 

I'd too many things running inside my head right now and I don't want her to get on my nerves.

Which was obviously an impossible thing to do.

"Why? Did you fight with your rich boyfriend?" She snorts. "Maybe that's why you couldn't see the text. If you stop flirting with your boyfriend you would have noticed. Don't blame your negligence on me." She raises an eyebrow with a smirk on her ivory face.

Why the hell she keeps on bringing Xander whenever we talk? 

I bite my bottom lip to stop myself from screaming and show her my inbox. "You can see, I didn't get a text of any sort from you." 

She shrugs. "Maybe you've deleted them."

Wah, this bitch is making me lose my sense of morality.

My hand clenches into fists as I try to calm down. "And why would I do that?"

"I don't know, maybe you wanted to blame everything on me like you always do." She shrugs, making an apathetic face.

"This is not high school and I am definitely not 15, Karina. I don't do these childish tricks." I smile with my lips pressed in a thin line. "I don't know what you are trying to do but I can assure you... TODAY is not the day."

She scoffs. "Oh, please. I know you've always hated me because I was the best around here. You are just jealous."

"I would have found it amusing if I was in the mood, but I am not. So please, stop. Please." I emphasized.

George who was sitting silently spoke up. "Enough of this, Karina, you should go. We have to focus on-"

"No, it's her fault. Why are you telling me to go? Why do you always act bias towards Alex?" She scowls. "And you..." She points her finger at me. "If you think having a rich and famous boyfriend could get you through anything, then you are wrong." She shouts. "If you think I will follow you like these little bastards and bitches over there..." She waves her finger at my group of friends. "...because you are famous now, then you are fucking wrong!" She screams at my face. 

I've got a stalker on my back. 

My childhood traumatizer and his fiance were driving me crazy. 

I barely ate anything after last night's dinner. 

I cried for over 24 hrs, my head hurts like bitch.

The guy I like won't even pick up my calls anymore.

And I have to suffer this bitch too?

Like hell, I would.

"Shut the fuck up Karina." My fisted hands shook, itching to meet her face. I step towards her, hovering her 5'2 with my 5'7, and glowered at her. "If you think I am gonna take the fall for you like the last time. I will NOT. I know... and you know it too... that you didn't text me. I tried to be civil and let go of your childish tricks like I ALWAYS do, but you are going way too far. I don't know why you are being such a bitter bitch but I have had enough." I grit out. My hands involuntarily grab the collar of her shirt, pulling her up. "Stop dragging my boyfriend into this cause whatever we do is none of your fucking business."

My hold on her collar tightens and I saw her pale under my dark glare. "I am already maxed out today, so, DO NOT FUCK WITH ME and tell them the fucking truth!" I growled, breathing harshly at the end.

The entire room went silent. Like pin-drop silent. 

"ALEX!" George yelled, snapping me off my trance. I watch Karina shivering with her eyes filled with water. "I-I am sorry, maybe i-it d-didn't send. I am sorry" She choked out.

Seeing her scared face, something snapped inside me. I release the hold on her collar and step back, gaping at her.

What did I do? I never got this angry in the office before. What the fuck is happening to me?

I stare at George and the rest of the people in the room with wide eyes and gulped. "I am sorry, I didn't mean to burst like that. I just got carried away- I am sorry. Excuse me." I said, running towards the washroom.

I entered and locked it behind me. Fuck! I splattered some water on my face. "Calm down," I whisper to myself while closing my eyes. A few drops of tears slipped from the side of my eyes. It's all the frustration I felt inside that's coming out as tears. "It's ok, relax. Don't let them get inside your head. DO NOT let them get you. You are a smart woman. You need to calm down." I try to prep myself.

I heard a knock on the door. Taking a few deep breaths, I smile and open the door. "Jade, hey."

"Are you ok?" She asks, looking at me worriedly.

"Yeah, I am sorry. It's just-"

"It's ok, you don't have to explain it to me. I don't know what happened but I know it must be something big to make you lose your control like that." She said, coming forward to hug me. I sighed and hugged her back, gratefully.

I really needed Trisha. I miss her so much. She always calms me down.

"Thank you," I whispered, chuckling. "I really needed that." We pull back and she smiles. "If you need someone to talk to, we are here with you, ok?"

I nod, thankfully. "I know, thanks." 

We went back to George's cabin where there was no one but George. "I am so sorry," I said, feeling a little embarrassed.

"That was unnecessary drama. You know Katrina behaves a little childish sometimes. I didn't expect you to join her." He shouts, angrily. "What if she files a complaint against you for physical/ verbal abuse or something? I haven't seen you that angry before. You always behave your best in the office, what exactly happened here?" He scolds me.

I shook my head, looking down in embarrassment. "I don't know, I am sorry. I couldn't control."

He sighs, shaking his head. "I will talk to Karina." I nod. There were a few seconds of silence before he spoke. "Are you ok?" He asks with a worry laced voice.

"Yes, I am fine. She caught me on a bad day." I sighed.

He was silent again. "If you need someone to talk to, I am here, ok?"

I blink repeatedly, to stop myself from crying. When did I become a water faucet? 

"I know." I croaked out and gave him a small smile. "Why did you call a meeting so sudden?" 

Seeing him hesitate, I say. "Oh, come on, I am not dying. Just tell me." He rolls his eyes in reply.

"Of course. The son of my friend I talked about. He is coming here today..." He looked down at his wristwatch. "I mean he will here be any minute now."

"Oh, ok, but why does he want to meet on Sunday?"

He shrugs. "He said, he will be busy the whole week and asked if we can meet now. His father helped me a big-time that's why I couldn't say no."

"I understand, don't worry. We will be sure to take good care of him." I smiled.

"I know, I trained you well." He gloated.

I scoffed. "Whatever floats your boat, George."

"Hey! I am your boss." He screamed while I ran out of his cabin, laughing.

.

I came back to my desk after getting myself a cup of coffee. I sat down on my chair and took a sip. I sighed as warm coffee went down my throat, soothingly. "Ahh..."

I unlocked my phone to check if there was any call from Xander or anyone. I was starting to get really worried about him. I will call Eva when I go back home.

My intercom buzz. "Alex come in."

After a knock, I entered his cabin, a guy with his back to me was sitting across him. Oh, is he already here? "Boss," I called.

"Oh, Alex." He smiles at me. I walk up to him. "Meet Mr. Jones, he is the son of the friend I was talking about." He points at the man in front of him.

Mr. Jones?

Fuck, NO!

He looks at me, surprised. "Alex?" 

I tried to cover up the shock I felt with a small smile. What the hell! "Yep, it's me. We meet again." I hide my trembling hands behind my back.

Is this all really a coincidence?

"Do you guys know each other?" George asks, staring at us with furrowed eyebrows.

"Yeah, we went to the same high school." He answered before I could and glance at me.

Why does he keep doing that?

"Oh, that's good... right?" George asked, staring at me. I gave him a small smile and a nod of my head. "Okay... we were just discussing the new business he is starting here and he wanted us to design the interior of his new building."

New building? Weren't they in debt?

"Oh, that's great." I nod with a smile on my face but was having a nervous breakdown inside. "You chose the right place. We are the best at our job, you won't be disappointed, sir."

"Please, call me Logan, Alex." He smiles. "I wouldn't hire this company if you guys weren't. I've heard a lot about you from dad. It will be a pleasure working with you." He says, smiling at George.

"You are too kind, Logan, thank you." George grins at the compliment.

.

After we discussed the plan, he stood up to leave and George asked me to see him out. I didn't really want to but he came as a client and I didn't want to seem unprofessional.

We were walking to the elevator when I asked. "So, you are really coming back, huh?" I didn't mean to sound so shocked and bitter but I guess I did because Logan paused a bit before walking again. "I mean, I heard you settled in California?"

"Yeah, I did, but I wanted to come back. I didn't really like it there." He shrugged.

"Do you want me to believe that?" I babbled without thinking.

He stopped and sighed. "You didn't forgive me, did you?" He said. I tried to avoid his eyes, indicating I didn't wanna talk about it. I guess he didn't understand and continued. "I am sorry for everything that happened, but it's been 11 years, Alex. I am not the same 17year old Logan now. I am not-" He sighed, again. "I don't know if you will believe me or not, but I genuinely didn't know you worked here. My father had set this meeting. If you feel uncomfortable, I can just ask some other company. I will handle my dad."

His dad? Isn't he dead?

"Your dad? Didn't he die 6months ago?" I blurt out. My body stiffen when I realized my mistake.

"How did you know?" His voice grew a little deep. I gulp, staring straight into his slightly dark hazel eyes. Was he mad? "I- I- heard it from some friend."

"What friend?"

"Does it matter? If you want me to believe you, just tell me why did you lie about your father?" I cross my arm, looking straight at him. I don't want him to show how scared I was.

He stared at me for a moment before sighing. "I didn't lie, he is a father figure for me. Dad, I mean my real dad, he was a piece of shit, he tortured me ever since that incident, he became very abusive. So, I left home and met Nina. I fell in love with her and her family became mine. They treat me like their own son and he is the friend George was talking about."

"Abused?"

He chuckled, it wasn't a happy chuckle. "You have no idea." He moves his hair up that was on his forehead. I saw a 2 inches long scar. "He did this and so much more." He shakes his head. "But still he was my father, the only real family I had, so I returned to him a few months later. I saw his condition, it was bad. He was drinking heavily even with a damaged liver and the business started failing, I felt bad. I couldn't just live him like that. So, I stayed with him."

"We did have a lot of fights because I was the black sheep in his family whom he hated so much. That day, just like any other day we fought and I went to Nina's home. I, so wish I hadn't. That night he just- he-" His head dropped down and his shoulder shook like he was crying.

I frown, feeling a little guilty for asking. "I am sorry, I didn't know."

He sniffs and wipes his eyes with the sleeves of his suit. "No, that's ok. It is what it is, people also speculate that I killed my father. But- believe me-" He looked at me. "I didn't, I didn't murder my father."

"Ok." I nod. "I am sorry I asked."

"It's ok, Alex. You don't have to feel sorry. And..." He hesitated. "I know what I did in high school was wrong and I realize that after meeting Nina." His mouth pulls up in a small smile. "Nina, I love her, she means everything to me, and she doesn't know about that incident. I beg you not to tell her anything. If she finds out and leaves me, I don't know what I will do without her."

I saw the genuineness in his eyes and nod. "I know the feeling. I promise I won't tell her." I smile.

He was a good friend before all of that happened. But that doesn't mean I trust him.

"Thank you so much. I owe you." He grinned. "You were a true friend, Alex and I messed up. I will make it up to you and I hope one day I can have my friend back."

I shrug. "Maybe. I am not saying I trust you 100% or I will be all comfortable in such a short span, because of the reasons you already know, but you're right it's been 11years. We can try."

"Thank you." He smiles, gratefully.

I nod, but the jittery odd feeling didn't go. I couldn't bring myself to believe anything he says. Something in the back of my mind kept bugging me to run away from him.

However, he does seem genuine about this. Maybe my assumptions were futile.

And maybe, he did change.

The elevator dinged and he went inside. "I will see you later, Alex." He smiled.

.

.

"See you later, Logan."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.8M 40.6K 61
When Charlotte is left devastated by her boyfriend's infidelity. She finds herself persuaded into a night out with her friends. In which she meets a...
1.1M 36.1K 48
Second Love previously known as Billionaire's LOVE or OBSESSION Ranked #80 in Romance on [28.09.17] Ranked #88 in Romance on [24.09.17] Ranked #93...
654K 24.6K 35
Getting married to the person you loathe is the worst nightmare ever. But for Leona Wilbrose, this nightmare came true when she was forced into a mar...