Together With You

By adelwang

Ocean Goldreich is the sister I never had. Or at least, her brothers put that thing in my mind. I tried my be... More

Chapter 1 - Ocean
Chapter 2 - Drew
Chapter 3 - Ocean
Chapter 4 - Drew
Chapter 5 - Ocean
Chapter 6 - Ocean
Chapter 7 - Drew
Chapter 8 - Ocean
Chapter 9 - Drew
Chapter 10 - Ocean
Chapter 11 - Ocean
Chapter 12 - Drew
Chapter 13 - Ocean
Chapter 14 - Drew
Chapter 15 - Ocean
Chapter 16 - Drew
Chapter 17 - Ocean
Chapter 18 - Drew
Chapter 19 - Ocean
Chapter 20 - Drew
Chapter 21 - Drew
Chapter 22 - Ocean
Chapter 23 - Ocean
Chapter 24 - Drew
Chapter 26 - Ocean
Chapter 27 - Drew
Chapter 28 - Ocean
Chapter 29 - Drew
Chapter 30 - Ocean
Chapter 31 - Ocean
Chapter 32 - Drew
Chapter 33 - Ocean
Chapter 34 - Ocean
Chapter 35 - Drew
Chapter 36 - Ocean
Chapter 37 - Drew
Chapter 38 - Ocean
Chapter 39 - Drew
Chapter 40 - Ocean
Chapter 41 - Drew
Chapter 42 - Ocean
Chapter 43 - Ocean
Chapter 44 - Drew
Chapter 45 - Ocean
Chapter 46 - Ocean
Chapter 47 - Drew
Chapter 48 - Ocean
Chapter 49 - Drew
Chapter 50 - Ocean
Chapter 51 - Ocean
Chapter 52 - Drew
Chapter 53 - Ocean
Chapter 54 - Ocean
Chapter 55 - Ocean
Chapter 56 - Ocean and Drew
Epilogue

Chapter 25 - Ocean

1K 58 0
By adelwang

I just realized I never relied on anyone in my entire whole life. Mom and dad were never there for me when I was a kid. Maybe my grandparents were there but somehow I already built my walls high and thick, so it never occurred to me to depend on anyone.

Not until now... Drew... somehow his anger yesterday broke down my walls. Weird but it's true. I don't know how, but the way he is angry and disappointed with me makes me feel he really really wants to contribute to Charlene's life. Not to mention when he was with Char. They really look like dad and daughter.

And somehow he knows what to do when I'm clueless, like about child welfare earlier. And yesterday when I didn't know I had to handle Char's administration. It was all Drew. And it feels good to have someone take care of you. Not even I let my exes to help me with a lot of things. It feels like I was just born to be independent.

But with Drew, it feels like I can count on him for everything and I know he will try his best to make everything right for me. For Char...

And it surprised me that he didn't take advantage of me earlier when I kissed him like a horny woman. I don't know what came to me, but somehow I was desperate for some distraction. It was too much for me. But the way Drew kissed me latter made me feel calm and warm.

I dressed Charlene up with a pretty peach dress. Yesterday was too glumly for me, her and Drew. I want to give something bright for us, at least from Char pretty dress.

I walk outside. Drew is still on the phone so I play with Char on the couch while waiting for him. "You'll be a good girl for daddy okay? Mommy has to work for a while. Hopefully this client isn't too nosy and has a dilemma with all the stuff mommy is going to give to her. So mommy can come home faster" I caress her cheek.

"Yes mom" Drew answers me. I look up at him. He sits next to Char. So now Char is in the middle. "Go, you only have an hour to get ready".

I nod and stand up. Go to my room and get ready. I faintly hear Drew say "you look so pretty Char. Like an angel. Come on take a selfie with daddy"

I'm wearing my emerald green strapless dress with a green white gold accent scarf from Hermes and a silver diorama bag, and my favorite silver Louboutin. My makeup is perfect, my hair is curly down loosely.

"I'm done," I say as I come out from my room, while wearing my silver big hoop earrings. Drew looks up and his winter grey eyes go darker. Oh God, and I can feel my libido start raising now.

I clear my throat. "Bye Char! Mommy is going to miss you" I nuzzle her with my nose. Char giggling happily.

I stand up and tuck the tendrils behind my ear. "Bye Drew let me know if you need any help. You want me to change her diaper before I go?"

He clears his throat and glances away a bit. "Um no, yes I mean. Um... Ocean is it okay if I take Char to Roderick Beverly?"

"Um I don't see any problem with that since Char already dressed up. I just need to put the milk in her bag."

"I have that milk in my place also the bottles and some clothes"

"You have?" My eyes widened.

"Yeah. I took a picture of everything and asked Riley to buy it"

"Oh wow..." I'm surprised.

"So?" He asks me.

"Sure." I check Char's diaper while she is still in Drew's arm. She's good. "Okay let's go" I say and Drew nods.

I take the diaper bag from Char's room and we go downstairs. Drew's driver, Simon, is already near the door. I look at Drew. "I'll go to your place later," I say.

Drew nods. "Drive safe"

I smile and nod. "Bye Char. Bye Drew" I wave and go to my red Mercedes.

***

Finally!!!! Crystal De Luca made a decision between the nude heels and the black heels to go with her red dress for tomorrow night after half an hour kept changing. I look at my iPad. That contains a list for her tomorrow night. Hair done, make up type done. jewellery done, dress done, shoes done. Yes some of the clients not only asked me to choose their outfit but also their entire appearance.

It's good if you have a great customer like Meredith. She asked me... literally asked me. Go on with my decision, maybe she adds some idea if she was sure, if not she will just yes to me. As long as I make her look perfect, not that I want to make her not look perfect. After all she knows I'm a professional. But... There are some clients that just want to add their idea, which is a scar to my idea. Like, Crystal De Luca. I told her nude looks perfect with her red dress, because the dress contains nude mesh fabric so it will look perfect. But, she had to add the black heels in the option just because she just saw Kendall Jenner wore it lately.

And look, in the end she agreed with my nude. Of course. Since her dress is red and nude color, we already settled with her soft gold clutch. Of course nude is the perfect colour for her skyscraper heels.

"Thank you Ocean, you are my saviour" She hugs me.

i smile "your welcome Crystal. "I'll send you the bill later okay"

"Perfect! By the way, will I see you tomorrow at the charity event?" she asks me. After all, Crystal and I still in the same social circle.

"I'm not sure, Crystal. But I'm sure to find you if I come"

"Perfect. You want to have lunch together?"

I shake my head. "Can I take a rain check? Promise you next time we will have lunch together. Because today I have another meeting"

"Okay" she smiles and leaves the boutique happily.

I go to the counter, tell them where to send the dress and everything. When I'm done. I look at my phone. Drew just sent me another picture of Char. This time she was sleeping comfortably in her bed. I know it's her bed because the sheet is pink. I smile to myself. I'm coming home to you now, Char.

***

I walk to Roderick Beverly. Wyatt Miller, the hotel manager and one of the oldest employees at Roderick, welcomed me. He is also Ed Miller's, Drew's right hand man, father.

"Hi Wyatt" I hug him.

"Welcome back Ms. Goldreich"

I pout "told you to call me Ocean"

He chuckles "come on, Charlene has been waiting for you"

"You met her?

"Of course! Drew called me to his office, I thought something went wrong turned out he just want to show off his daughter"

I blink. His daughter?

"I never saw Drew have that big affection for a girl before. It's like the girl is his everything"

I chuckle, covering my uneasiness.

We go to Drew's penthouse. He lives here. At the top of Roderick Beverly Hotel. The elevator opens, The foyer is luxurious and big. We walk inside, there is a small (not really small) area with a table and 3 seater and 2 seater sofas. Once Drew told me that since he lives here, sometimes people he knows come to the hotel and shamelessly ask to see his home. He couldn't really say no, he brought them, took them around and settled here.

We walk past it to the short hall and arrive in his real living room. It's huge, one side has big wide glass windows and a veranda, the other side is a wide wall with paint, The walls feel so empty. He should add a big family paint there, oil paint, that would be perfect. Oh, and other small photos at the table in front of the wal tool. In the middle it has cozy sofas and lots of pillows, with the gradation of soft grey colours, completed with white fur carpet to make it warmth and a huge TV. Drew once said to me that he has the home theater mode on this TV. The modern coffee table is complete with an electric fireplace. The wide living room is so big and spacious.

There is a walkway from the wall that will lead to the open kitchen and the stairs to the top floor. The open kitchen is complete with all modern stuff. And it only contains the pantry table and chairs. Drew doesn't have a dining table for 10 people here. Well, he can bring his guests downstairs. Roderick Beverly has 3 restaurants anyway. They will provide as many guests as he wants.

There is a L letter couch on the other side, facing another wide television.

Wyatt takes me to the top floor. The top floors only contain bedrooms. Master bedroom and another 2 bedrooms. In the middle is a huge empty place, the interior just put some cozy velvet beanbags and a huge tv. This will look perfect with Char playing, Drew and I snuggle cozily at the beanbag. Excuse me, hormone! Who is asking you to tell me your idea??

Wyatt takes me to the bedroom next to the master bedroom. "Um.. Where are we going?"

"The princess room" he says and opens the door. Drew is sleeping next to the bed, while Char is sleeping on the bed holding Drew's finger. The bed is a king size bed, with a crown at the headboard. It is a princess bedroom. The colour is pink and soft gold,

"I'll leave you here, Ocean"

"Thanks Wyatt" I whisper and Wyatt leaves. I close the door softly. I look around. There is a lump in my throat. This is... my room. My old room at grandpa's house. Back then I told Drew I love my room at grandpa's house more than the one in dad's house. He remembers...

I walk to the wardrobe. I know for sure Drew puts soft gold colour there, with soft pink fur carpet. See... It's the same colour with mine. The bathroom. I walk inside. The round tub. Just the same one like in my granddad's house. I chuckle softly. I go back to the bedroom. Char is wearing a different dress. This one is a pink babydoll dress. I had never seen this dress before...

I go to the wardrobe and open it. My eyes feel so hot. I know Drew said he wants to take care of Char. But this is... The wardrobe is full with Char's clothes, shoes, socks, sandals, blanket, headband, ribbon, even cute little bags.

Someone wraps his arm on my waist from the back. I don't have to see to know it's Drew. His perfume is so familiar.

"I want to ask my fashion consultant, but later I think it's best to surprise her with my choice" he says in my ears.

I chuckle "you choose all of these by yourself?"

"do you think my friends will let me do this?" he chuckles too. "Madeline was scandalized when she knew I wanted to buy these by myself. so she came to my office, took my card and went to buy this with Amy and Rainey, since Meredith was busy with the shoot. "And later she told me to ask my person to wash all the clothes with baby's soap and whatever she said. She wrote it down actually. I don't know any shit about that"

I chuckle softly at his words.

"Later she came here just because she was so sure I'd ruin the dress if I was the one who put it in. So she and Amy came, put all these things, including the sheet and the toys"

"Toys?"

"Yeah, you haven't seen it yet?"

I shake my head. "C'mon. I'll show you" he closes the wardrobe door, we walk out the door "There is a baby monitor that will detect if Char is moving, they will send the notification to my phone. I'll install yours later" he says.

I bite my lower lip. Drew things of everything about Char, and all I did is deny him. Now I feel bad.

He takes me to the back door, not the other bedroom. I have never seen this place before "where is it?"

"um..."

"I remembered the first you took me and Dean on tour here, you didn't show us that. You said it's a backdoor or something"

"Um.. not... It is.. it was a bedroom"

"Bedroom?"

His face flush a bit "when... um... when I took women here, I took them to this room"

"Ah... your sex room?"

His head snaps at me "it's not like the one in 50 shades of grey, raven"

I laugh. Drew opens the door. "It's Char's play... shit" he rubs his face"

"Playroom" I nod and laugh.

Drew shakes his head and chuckles. "I'll find a new word for that"

I go inside. The floor is fully covered by mat, The walls are painted with rainbow on one side, abc on the next side, world map on the other side complete with some animals from the country, and only height measurement on the last side. "Why is this one empty?" I come closer to the empty place next to the measurement.

"It's for Char. She can draw anything there" he points at the small pink drawer on the corner. I come closer and open the drawer, it completes with water paints, crayon, pencil colour and everything else. I chuckle softly but my heart feels so full.

I come to him. "Anything not to your liking, mommy?" he chuckles.

I smile "thank you Drew" I say softly.

He smiles back at me.

I bite my lower lip. Maybe I was too stubborn back then... Drew shows me what he wants, and how can I doubt him with all of this, not to mention how he took care of Char in the hospital. And the image of Drew sleeping next to Char in her bedroom earlier keeps coming to my brain.

"Drew... can you help Char and me to move in here? So we can stay here together with you?"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

641K 18.2K 33
I've dreamed of the perfect marriage ever since I was a little girl: a marriage complete with a hardworking husband while I tended to the home and ou...
480K 7.6K 30
He leaned down very slowly and my eyes fell to his lips before snapping back up. He gently pressed his lips against mine, moving slowly at first befo...
133K 9.4K 46
Enemies-to-lovers * Bickering/bantering Boss/employee * Romantic comedy with a HEA He says I'm a hemorrhoid and a massive dark cloud without a silver...
9.6M 311K 70
Wattpad Creator! Happy and proud. HIM: Staying the night? Not my thing. Hearts and flowers? Boring. Falling in love? Not anytime soon. Settling down...