Together With You

By adelwang

Ocean Goldreich is the sister I never had. Or at least, her brothers put that thing in my mind. I tried my be... More

Chapter 1 - Ocean
Chapter 2 - Drew
Chapter 3 - Ocean
Chapter 4 - Drew
Chapter 5 - Ocean
Chapter 6 - Ocean
Chapter 7 - Drew
Chapter 8 - Ocean
Chapter 9 - Drew
Chapter 10 - Ocean
Chapter 11 - Ocean
Chapter 12 - Drew
Chapter 13 - Ocean
Chapter 14 - Drew
Chapter 15 - Ocean
Chapter 16 - Drew
Chapter 18 - Drew
Chapter 19 - Ocean
Chapter 20 - Drew
Chapter 21 - Drew
Chapter 22 - Ocean
Chapter 23 - Ocean
Chapter 24 - Drew
Chapter 25 - Ocean
Chapter 26 - Ocean
Chapter 27 - Drew
Chapter 28 - Ocean
Chapter 29 - Drew
Chapter 30 - Ocean
Chapter 31 - Ocean
Chapter 32 - Drew
Chapter 33 - Ocean
Chapter 34 - Ocean
Chapter 35 - Drew
Chapter 36 - Ocean
Chapter 37 - Drew
Chapter 38 - Ocean
Chapter 39 - Drew
Chapter 40 - Ocean
Chapter 41 - Drew
Chapter 42 - Ocean
Chapter 43 - Ocean
Chapter 44 - Drew
Chapter 45 - Ocean
Chapter 46 - Ocean
Chapter 47 - Drew
Chapter 48 - Ocean
Chapter 49 - Drew
Chapter 50 - Ocean
Chapter 51 - Ocean
Chapter 52 - Drew
Chapter 53 - Ocean
Chapter 54 - Ocean
Chapter 55 - Ocean
Chapter 56 - Ocean and Drew
Epilogue

Chapter 17 - Ocean

1K 57 6
By adelwang

Can the floor open up now? So I don't have to face Drew. Bryce wants us to say goodbye to Drew first before we leave. Apparently he thinks that Drew is like a brother to me, so as a good date he has to get permission from him. Hell my previous dates never asked permission from my brothers. If they asked the answer for sure it was a broken bone.

"I think it's okay Bryce. I can text him later" I try one last time.

"Never mind Ocean, after all he is my friend too" he caresses my back.

Ugh...

"Ocean!"

We look back. "Meredith" I smile and come to her while Bryce follows behind me.

"Hey, Bryce... can I borrow her for a while?"

"Um..." before Bryce can answer her I cut in "sure Mer. I want to go to the toilet anyway" I smile at Bryce.

"Okay then. I'll wait here, Ocean"

"Perfect" I grin too wide and pull Meredith with me.

She chuckles while we are walking to the toilet.

"Stop it Mer! I know you know" I chuckle too and walk fast to the toilet, well not too fast since Meredith is wearing a mermaid gown and mine is almost as tight as her.

Meredith tries to open it but it's locked "shit" she curses and we both laugh and walk to the veranda. And thank God it's empty.

Mer gives a long exhale so do I. And we both burst into laughter. "God, Bryce is so clueless" she says and I nod. "Thanks for saving me, Mer" I say.

Meredith chuckles and shakes her head "You still have to face Drew, though"

"I know... but the truth is I don't know why he has to be so mad at Bryce. I mean.. okay Zac also acted like that to all of my dates. But c'mon Drew is not even my real brother. He takes his role too seriously"

Meredith chuckles in disbelief "you really have no idea, do you?"

"About?" I blink, confused.

"Drew's feeling"

"I know! He is just protective over me. But it's too much" I say.

Meredith bites her lip and as if she decided on something. "Okay Ocean. Let be honest"

"Um..." I twirl my hair with my finger to push my nervousness.

"Why did you bring Bryce tonight?"

"No I'm not. Lockwood Tech invites him."

"He asked you to be his date?"

"Um not really. I met Bryce at the event in New York, you know we walk in the same social circle. And we chatted. Turns out we found out both of us are invited to this event. Since Bryce didn't have any date, so did I. So we decided to come together"

She nods "and you know Drew will be here as well"

I squirm and look away.

"I'm waiting," she says in relax.

I exhale and face Meredith "it's not like that, Mer. The truth is... I told Drew that I want us to be back as friends. I don't want to mix our friendship with... whatever it is"

"Okay..." she says slowly and asks me to continue.

"And I um... failed?" I try to find the best word to describe myself.

"Failed?"

I shake my head "I can't do that. I asked us to forget about what happened. The truth is I can't forget about it. I asked us the next time we meet each other we will be back as friends, but I can't. And I was thinking he would be here with a date. The last time he had a date, I had an ugly feeling, I can't even cover it. So this time, I take another route. If I brought my own date..." I bite my lips. Hoping Meredith to understand.

"You think you can cover your feelings when you see Drew with his date" she completed my words.

"A+ for Mrs. Hall" I murmur.

"And E for Ms. Goldreich" she said.

"What?" I squeak.

She shakes her head "think about it Ocean. You are a smart woman. Do you think Drew can do what you asked him to do? To forget about you and back in the friend zone?"

I shrug "I guess.. maybe"

"Okay look. What about you? Will you give it a try if Drew is asking for more?"

"No," I answer fast.

She raises an eyebrow.

"I.. I don't want to make things complicated between us. Trust me it will lead to crumble"

"Why?"

"I..." I open my mouth but nothing comes out.

Meredith looks behind my back. "Shit. Bryce is impatient. He is on the way to us." She says without moving her mouth too much. So for sure Bryce cannot read her lips.

I inhale deeply.

She bites her lower lip and looks at me deeply. "Do you plan to sleep with Bryce? Because I'm sure he wants to sleep with you."

I just stare at her.

Meredith smiles at my back. I know she locked her eyes with Bryce.

I close my eyes trying to control my feelings. Do I want it?

"Bryce, sorry for stealing her too long" Meredith says sweetly. She really is a good actress.

"It's okay Mer," Bryce says and his hand snakes around my waist. I jump a bit. "You ready, sweetheart?"

I swallow and nod at him. "Thanks Mer" I say and lean to hug her.

She hugs me tightly "think about it. Don't act on impulse okay? Please" she whispers. I nod and pull back "talk to you later Ocean"

I nod "bye Mer".

Bryce and I walk back to the hall, the doors to the lobby is the other way from the veranda. I was still thinking about Meredith's words when Bryce called Drew.

I look up. A woman I don't know who is whispering something to Drew's ear and they both share a secret smile.

I guess I'm the only one who failed in here. While Drew graduated with flying colors.

The woman walks away and Drew looks at us. His eyes zeroed on me.

"Drew, we're going now. See you next time. Call me when you come to NY." Bryce comes forward and man hugs Drew.

"Where will you take her?" Drew asks.

"To her mom's house"

Drew nods.

"Bye brother!" I say, forcing cheeriness in my voice. And because I couldn't hold it any longer. I loop my hands around Bryce's arm and take him away from Drew before Drew can reply to me.

***

We are on the way to my mom's house. It's a little bit far from the hotel, like an hour drive. Her house is big, with a guest house where I always stay. Because she was sharing this house with her ex husband. I didn't plan to hear their sex voice so I prefer to stay at the guest house.

Bryce squeezed my knee. I almost jump "hey you look so tense"

I smile "no I'm good. Just thinking about my sister" I lie.

"Your sister? Fiona?"

"Yeah. She is pregnant and lives alone in LA."

"You were staying in her place for weeks. I think a day or two is fine. She'll be okay" Bryce smiles.

I nod "but she is due in the next 2 weeks and her tummy is so huge" I chuckle. It's better to talk about my sister Fiona instead of thinking about Drew.

"By the way, she doesn't come to your mom's birthday tomorrow?"

I shrug "I asked her. But she said that she doesn't plan to come. Maybe she is too big to move around. I know she's uncomfortable right now"

Bryce nods.

"Will you come tomorrow?"

"Sure" he grins and looks at me "and I can take you to my hotel tomorrow"

Shit! I walk to the hole. I clear my throat planning to find another topic.

"I don't know Bryce. Mom holds a party in her house. Maybe she needs me to help cleaning up"

"She doesn't hire any cleaning services?"

Of course she hires. Brittany Ford (I don't want to call her husband's last name. First, Because they divorced and second she had too many husbands. The last one who shared the house with her was Arson Banderas, a millionaire from Spain.

Mom doesn't want to do any cleaning to take care of her hands even though she was a cleaning service long time ago.

"I don't know" I lied again. I'm going to hell for sure. Please forgive me, God.

We arrived at my mom's house. I look at the side. There is a Bentley car. It's dark and we couldn't see the car plate's numbers "Mom has guests" I say.

Bryce shrugs "maybe her friends, your mom loved to be surrounded by her friends, right? Come on" he takes my hand and closes his Bugatti car.

We walk inside since I have the key I don't have to ring the bell. From the foyer I can hear two people laughing. For sure one is mom, the other one is a man.

Ugh...

We walk to the living room and freeze. "Mom" I say at the same time Bryce says "dad"

I close my eyes. Tell me the most awkward moment in your life? This is mine.

Byron Connolly, Bryce's father, has his hand on my mom tight.

"Son!" Byron stands up and Bryce curses behind me. Bryon comes closer and hugs Bryce as if nothing happened.

"Ocean! You look so pretty today" he kisses my cheek.

I force myself to smile. Thank God for grandma Fiona who asked me to master the friendly smile despite whatever I'm feeling.

"You two look perfect together" my mom chimes in. These two old people...

"We're just friends," Bryce says before I can say anything. I bite my lips. Not because I was disappointed but more because I wanted to laugh at this moment. This is hilarious.

"He just came in to say hi to you mom. Bryce has to go back to his place" I help Bryce.

"Oh you can stay in the guest house with Ocean. I'm fine" mom smiles.

"Yeah. You two are adults anyway. We are fine" Byron has to add it.

"No" we both say at the same time.

"Good night Mrs.. um.. I mean Ms. Ford. Good night dad" Bryce nods and walks away. I just smile and follow Bryce.

At outside, Bryce rakes his hair and looks at me. Suddenly we both burst into laughter. Actually this is not the first time we failed to.. um... have sex. Not that I want to have sex with him tonight. I'm still confused with my own feelings.

But back then, 4 years ago. I was into him too. Bryce and I went to the event together just like this time. And Bryce booked a hotel in the event venue. Everything went well until the worst part came. Zac opened the door next to us and gave us his deathly smile. Smile but deathly. All the libido drained from me and Bryce. Yes, my brother could do that. So I went to Zac's room like a good kid. Later he sent me to another room he booked right away for me. Actually the right words were he booked the new 2 rooms. Connecting room, one for me and one for him. So I couldn't do anything since it was connected to Zac and he opened the connecting room. Zac, the libido killer.

Bryce hugs me "guess I'll just put you in the cuckolded box, Ocean"

I laugh so hard and hug him tight. "Good night Bryce"

"Good night Ocean" he pulls back and kisses my forehead. "I'll see you when you come back to NY"

"You're not coming tomorrow?" I giggle.

"Watching dad helping your mom blow the candle? Hell no. And why am I talking about blows now?" he rakes his hair and we both laugh.

I walk him to his Bugatti. "Safe drive, Bryce"

He smiles "bye Ocean." I wait until I can't see his car anymore.

I walk back to the house and then stop. I'm not going to watch porn movie starring two old people. I turn to the right, walk from the garden to the guest house.

I just finished cleaning my make up and changing to my pajamas. I lean on my bed. Somehow I couldn't erase the image of a woman whispering something to Drew. What are they doing now? I cover my face with my hands. "Stop thinking about him, Ocean... you are killing yourself. So pathetic!" I tap my face harder to wake myself up from Drew.

My phone rings and I jump. Jesus! Who is calling me at this time? I sit and look at my phone. Drew's face on the screen. Since I'm dyslexic I put everyone's picture on their contact. Drew's picture I took when he was 19 years old. We went together to Miami with my brothers. We just finished snorkeling and I took my phone and took their picture one by one. Since I just changed the new phone. And since then I kept sync the picture up until now.

Drew was so handsome with his wet hair and grin in his face. I smile to myself and my screen off. Shit I forgot to answer his call. It goes to my voicemail.

I'm composing a message (yes composing because I don't think I can talk to him) for him when his messages come to my phone.

Drew: Ocean, are you home? Answer my message now or I swear I will go to wherever you are.

Huh? What kind of message is this? Not even my super protective brother, Zac, ever sent me this kind of message. What a lame threat?

Ocean: I'm home Drew.

Drew: why'd you reply so late? What are you busy with?

Ocean: sorry Drew. This is as fast as I can. Maybe you forget I'm dyslexic.

He calls and this time I pick up the first ring. "Hello" I say.

"Sorry Ocean. That's not what I meant" he says fast, somehow I can feel the soft and warm in his voice.

I smile "that's okay Drew. Why do you call anyway?"

"I... um... are you alone?"

"Huh?"

"Listen Ocean, is Bryce there? Maybe it's not a good—"

I cut him, "I'm alone Drew"

Silence.

"Hello? Drew?"

He clears his throat. "Yeah I'm here. I um..." it's like he is trying to hold something. Not holding some object. More like holding his breath or voice or I don't know.

"Drew? You okay?" And suddenly the image of the woman from the event earlier comes back. Maybe they are having a foreplay right now. My insidious mind whispers me. Nonononono!!!!

"Oh no! Just... I don't want to know." I say panic.

"Huh?"

"I mean... just go do your business. You already know I'm home. Safely and alone. You happy right?" I'm ready to end the phone.

"Immensely"

"What?" And somehow it makes me angry. I sit straight. "You are having fun with your woman and you are immensely happy that I'm alone. You are too cruel Drew!" I glare at the wall.

"Woman?"

Shit! I close my eyes. Now I feel like I'm a jealous woman.

"I'm alone," he says.

"What?" I squeak.

He chuckles "what is on your pretty brain, hummingbird?"

"I... um... the woman from earlier who whispered something to you?"

"Woman?"

"Yeah. She is wearing black dress, pretty with dark blonde hair" maybe an inspiring model.

He chuckles "that's Christian's sister. Lexi. She just saying her goodbye to me"

I cover my face, kicking the air. Argh! I'm so stupid. When the jealousy clouds your brain, your insidious brain takes control and interprets everything in a bad way. Ugh. I slap myself mentally.

"Good night, Drew"

"Good night, Dove"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

9.6M 311K 70
Wattpad Creator! Happy and proud. HIM: Staying the night? Not my thing. Hearts and flowers? Boring. Falling in love? Not anytime soon. Settling down...
643K 18.4K 33
I've dreamed of the perfect marriage ever since I was a little girl: a marriage complete with a hardworking husband while I tended to the home and ou...
1.1K 37 7
"The moment I laid my eyes on you, I knew that you weren't her real daughter, a real daughter wouldn't have five fingers print on a face caused by a...
2.9K 91 18
"You love him" she says taking me in and I look away. "Of course, you love him any girl who experienced what you did would love him" she tells me. I...