The Broken Billonaire's Wife

By orex366

"If you are not going to take a sip of that whiskey what's your poison then?" He asked. Staring at the brown... More

AUTHORS NOTE
Prologue : Therapy session
Chapter 1: A day from Hell
Chapter 2: Cry Baby
CHAPTER 3: Wish I killed him
CHAPTER 4 : Hypocrite
CHAPTER 5 : Stalker
CHAPTER 6: Kiss and Run
CHAPTER 7: Who is the therapist?
Chapter 8: Nigerian Mothers
Chapter 9: Ice cream mix
Chapter 10: Midnight call
Chapter 11: Brothers
Chapter 12: Meeting Pamela
Chapter 13: Date night; Our Song
Chapter 14: Under the stars
Family Members
From their POV
Chapter 15: Scam
Chapter 16 : Where is Lizzy?
Chapter 17: Listening to Andrew
Chapter 18: Swallowing her face
Chapter 19 : His silence
Chapter 20: Stopping his heart
Chapter 21: The Naija Way (1)
Chapter 22: The Naija Way(2)
Chapter 23: Mummy Issues
Chapter 24: Meeting Tiara
Chapter 25: Seeds of Jealousy
Chapter 26: Revelations
Chapter 27: Money matters
Chapter 28: My home
Chapter 29: Hidden papers
Chapter 30: Therapist turned friend
Chapter 31: Pregnancy Scare
Chapter 32: Cracks in the wall
Chapter 33: Baggage
Chapter 34: Miniature Version
Chapter 35: Foundations
Chapter 36: Hold me tight
Chapter 37: Letter to my lover
Chapter 38: Freaky and a surprise
Chapter 39: Emergency
Chapter 40: Finding Lilly
Chapter 41: Mixed feelings
Chapter 42: Lucky Charm
Chapter 43: Love is a choice
Chapter 45: Lizzy and Lily
Chapter 46 : Police Brutality
Chapter 47: How to make him fall
Chapter 48: Truly, madly, deeply.
Chapter 49: Revenge prank
Chapter 50: Birthday surprise
Chapter 51: Los Angeles
Chapter 52: Family Dinner
Chapter 53: Pandora's box
Chapter 54: Threats
Chapter 55: Lie to me
Chapter 56: You're Under arrest
Chapter 57: No one left
Chapter 58: Too tired
Chapter 59: Chaos
Chapter 60: Hope's claw
Chapter 61: The voice from within
Chapter 62: Walking out of love
Chapter 63: Picking the pieces
CHAPTER 64: Miles Apart
Chapter 65: Jobless Liz
Chapter 66: Healing
Chapter 67: Confrontations
chapter 68: Reunion and sappy friendships
Chapter 69: After
Chapter 70: Break me
Chapter 71: Grief and it's stages
Chapter 72: Pregnancy hormones
Chapter 73: Stillness and hugs
Chapter 74: Marriage counselling.
Chapter 75: Blue Balls
Chapter 76: Thirteen reasons why

Chapter 44: Load and Shoot

366 79 20
By orex366

*****
"Some days I just want to leave the negativity in my head
I just want relief from my stress
Some days I don't want to see or have a bunch of people to impress
I just want relief from my stress

Pressures pushing me from all sides
Insecurities of all kind
Hostage to my own pride

I'm not in the mood to have a conversation
And talk about a bunch of things
That I don't feel amazed with

All this negativity that I can't get away from
All this negativity I think I need a break from
I'm thankful but Some days___" My stress(NF)

******

The Unit platoon members sat in the tactical room of the special force Army base. The tactical room was designed such that it was soundproof and had wine coloured padded chairs littered by the sides with a big table in the centre which had a projector. In front of the room was a large computer screen that took more than half of the wall where case files and information's were usually displayed.

To the back where some military gear. Go_kit of each member sat on the bottom shelf. The bags contained rounds of ammo, GPS tracking devices, block guns, sharp knives and bulletproof vests.

Xavier had on his Chef uniform as he had come straight from the kitchen of his five star hotel in Miami and was seated gently scrolling through his phone. To his far left sat Anita; the super model had on a causal fit that spoke of elegance and class. Even on ripped baggy jeans and a tiny tank top she commanded attention that had nothing to do with how lethal she was when with guns. Her dirty blonde hair was pulled in a pony tail. As the only female in the platoon 4 she was used to their usual Jabber and taunts.

Except today something was different. The room was surprising quiet almost like everyone was off in their personal energies.

Jason was at the back and he hadn't said one single word to anyone since he arrived, the cap on his head drawn forward such that it covered his face. Hammed was sleeping in front after spending the night babysitting his new born. After two miscarriages he and his wife Leila finally welcomed their baby girl two weeks ago.

The deputy director of the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) entered alongside the Colonel and everyone got up to give the usual salute even Hammed who suddenly jumped awake.

"Take a seat people." The Colonel offered and everyone sat.

"We all know Asher went to Greece, two nights ago. So we will quickly do the usual monthly debrief. The deputy director of the FBI; Tom carter is also here as we got a new profile case coming up." His clear cut baritone boomed around the room.

Jason who was still slouched in his chair wasn't interested today. He kept dissecting events from two nights over and over in his mind until he didn't he wasn't sure of who he was anymore.

Deep down one of the few things he was sure of was when he stood on that altar reading his vows was that he wasn't going to break them. But now it felt different, to find out that he was that man; the kind that cheated on his wife.

It was wasn't just a kiss! To the woman who never kissed any body till she met him. He knew it wasn't just a kiss, he broke something more sacred than that. He was supposed to only kiss his Kiss thief, so he couldn't believe he betrayed the trust of these two women like that.

"Jason!" Hameed called sharply. Everyone was staring at him intently wondering what was wrong.

"Yes" he answered and pulled off his cap revealing his bloodshot mismatched eyes and they all threw him worried glances.

"We heard that Ridge Shaw is going to be in San Francisco and we want you to host him to dinner. We all know how Shaw has been the tech guy for most terrorist organisation for long. It makes sense that you and your wife hosts him to dinner. Profiling him was going to be easy as your wife is a psychologist right?"

"Yes she is. With all due respect Sir, my wife isn't part of the army and is not to be involved in it. I will not put my family in any type of risk especially after what happened with Maximilian King and his wife. " Jason's voice was sturdy trying hard not to show the riot of emotions he was feeling but his mind was made up in this matter.

"Its just a dinner, preferably at his penthouse to see if you can get us access to any of his servers. The risk isn't so much, I'm sure we will have the rest men on standby to make sure nothing happens to her." The colonel spoke now. Even though he was directly in charge of their unit and respect was a strong suit in the army, Jason wasnt going to change his mind.

"I'm not confused about the details sir, yet I'm still saying no. Everyone in this room knows how unstable Shaw is. Even if he was a same human I still wouldn't put my wife in harms way." This time a steely glint set in his mismatched eyes.

"Excuse me young man. You have forgotten this is the army and disrespect to a senior official is enough to have you court martialed" Tom Carter raised up his nose in scorn and a look of disdain stretched his features. He was staring at the black man with his mismatched eyes and a look of cold derision on his face.

Jason raised his chin in barely subdued anger. He was looking for who to lash out his personal frustrations right now. The army forgets that members of the unit where doing them a favour not the other way round.

"Again, with all due respect Sir, my answer is No. My duty and service to the United States of America doesn't involve putting my family members at risk. My response would not change either here or during a court martial order." Jason could have sworn the man looked like bread soaked in water with how much he puffed up in anger.

It would have amused him if he was in a good mood, but again not today.

"I am going to make sure we___" The deputy director started again and was cut short by the Colonel who whispered to him. He stormed out of the room quickly.

They continued the briefing with everyone throwing Jason quick worried glances. He tried to act like it didn't bother him but he was feeling too much emotions to be calm now.

Immediately the Colonel finished debriefing them he shot up from his chair and moved towards the door. He was too tense to sit anymore or stand. He needed to punch or shoot something.

******

Shoot, Reload and shoot.

Jason couldn't stop. He shot at those target till his hands ached and he got trigger bites from the recoil of the gun. The sounds of the shots fired distracted him from his inner turmoil.

He has been shooting at targets for almost four hours. In that time frame both Xav and Anita had come in to talk to him but to no avail.

He kept shooting till his vision got blurry. Till he couldn't help but let out a ear piercing scream that was the result of his pent up frustration. The more he shouted the more he shot at the targets.

"Okay enough!" Hameed roared in anger his Arab accent bouncing off the wall of the target room and he moved towards Jason to drag the gun from his hands. Jason didn't say anything he just moved towards the other stand where a 40mm sniper riffle was mounted.

Hameed dragged him forcefully and pushed him towards the wall. "Stop it!" He screamed again.

Jason couldn't stop he needed to shoot till he couldn't feel the effect of what he did last night.

"Jason you need to stop. You are going to injure your hand at this rate." He warned again rightfully as he was the medical personnel of the team.

For a while Jason's breath came out in short pants and finally he let himself feel it. As he embraced the pain, anger, disgust he knew what he needed to do.

He was going to tell her, he had to go home and tell her.

"I need to go home man," he muttered finally.

"Not in this state." Hameed retorted but then he saw the determination in Jason's face and added, "at least let me wrap up your hand, clean the wound and place ice on it"

They sat in silence and Jason finally noticed that Xavier and Anita were still around. All though they had all given him space to vent, he knew they were really worried about him.

"Its fine. I just need to go back home tonight." He said and hooded his eyes hating the pity in their gaze.

Anita walked up to him and hugged him tight then finally left a tiny kiss on his cheeks. Her support was silent but he knew it was sure.

At least you're going to need it, when she divorces your ass. He felt his chest squeeze as the thought floated in.

Hameed gave him a tiny slap on the back. He didn't need to say anything either. Its not like Jason wanted to talk anyway he just wanted to see his Egusi soup right now.

"Are you going to stop at home to see your parents? " Xav asked. Unlike the rest of them, he was the closest to Jason so seeing Jason this way really hurt him.

"No I'm going back to San Fran tonight." Jason answered, sure of his choice.

"Okay come on. You can take my Jet!" Hammed responded.

"Thanks man."

*******
Liz turned and turned in bed all night. Although Jason had told her he was going to LA and wouldn't be back till tomorrow she just couldn't sleep.

She rubbed her sleepy eyes as she stood beside the kitchen cabinet now and poured her self a glass of water. She was hungry but that was the least of her problems.

She missed him. He didn't even come home for two nights straight now. The first night he told her he was going to work overnight at the office and she had slept early after calling her mother she saw the text in the morning.

The house was quiet without him, even Leo wasn't his usual bubbly self, the playful dog was curled up in his bed at the far corner of the room sleeping. It was almost like they both couldn't wait for him to be home.

It was still pretty early like around six in the morning so it didn't make sense when she heard keys turning in the lock. Liz ran towards the main door and it was almost as if her heart stopped.

Two days like two years. Mostly because, they weren't really on good speaking terms before he left. Right now she didn't care about the baby, her anger or her childishness she just needed to hug him.

Liz ran straight into his arms and he let her. She wrapped both legs around his torso and he was content letting her hug him and he hugged her in return burying his face in her shoulders and using his arm to hold her steady to him.

"I'm so sorry I've been an ass. I'm really so sorry" she muttered over his face now littering kisses all over him.

But Jason knew he didn't deserve it now, he couldn't even bend his head a little to claim her upturned lips. It was the same lips he used to kiss a woman two nights ago.

"Liz we need talk!" He said gently feeling his heart thump heavily and his head ache.

"Okay. I agree we need to talk, but let's do that after you sleep, your eyes are bloodshot and you look so tired. What happened to you hands?" She rattled off excited to have him home.

"No Liz, we need to talk now." Jason replied with a tone of finality.

*****
😂😂😂😂😂😂😂writing this chapter was pure cruise.

Anyways leave me thoughts on how you think "the talk" is going to go😂😂

Also I personally think you dont have to sleep with someone to cheat on them. The moment you start letting your mind dwell on thoughts about other people, emphasis on dwell because you can be attracted. Also kisses, touch and even emotional bonding. Its all cheating to me, let me know what you think though.

Love,
Orex

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

166K 6.7K 87
(18+) 𝙸𝚗 𝚠𝚑𝚒𝚌𝚑 𝚜𝚑𝚎 𝚌𝚊𝚗'𝚝 𝚌𝚘𝚗𝚝𝚛𝚘𝚕 𝚑𝚎𝚛 𝚜𝚎𝚡𝚞𝚊𝚕 𝚍𝚎𝚜𝚒𝚛𝚎𝚜 𝚜𝚘 𝚑𝚎𝚛 𝚍𝚎𝚜𝚒𝚛𝚎𝚜 𝚌𝚘𝚗𝚝𝚛𝚘𝚕 𝚑𝚎𝚛. 𝙰𝚗𝚍 𝚑�...
67.6K 3.7K 19
PUBLISHED ON THE NOVELSTAR PLATFORM PUBLISHED ON THE NOVELNOW PLATFORM PUBLISHED ON HINOVEL AS A FREE STORY **** "How do I stop loving you? Teach me...
51.5K 5.9K 55
*** Why are you still here Mr Wellington?" I asked as I clutched my bathrobe to cover my body well. I don't want the scenario of my bathrobe falling...