SAYA

By Sellyfronce

She leaves her family to live with a man she has never met. She's only read about him, and knows the hell she... More

CHAPTER 1
CHAPTER 2
CHAPTER 3
CHAPTER 4
CHAPTER 5
CHAPTER 6
CHAPTER 7
CHAPTER 8
CHAPTER 9
CHAPTER 10
CHAPTER 11
CHAPTER 12
CHAPTER 13
CHAPTER 14
CHAPTER 15
CHAPTER 16
CHAPTER 17
CHAPTER 18
CHAPTER 19
CHAPTER 20
CHAPTER 21
CHAPTER 22
CHAPTER 23
CHAPTER 25
CHAPTER 26
CHAPTER 27
CHAPTER 28
CHAPTER 29
CHAPTER 30
CHAPTER 31
CHAPTER 32
CHAPTER 33
CHAPTER 34
CHAPTER 35
CHAPTER 36
CHAPTER 37
CHAPTER 38
CHAPTER 39
CHAPTER 40
CHAPTER 41
CHAPTER 42
CHAPTER 43
CHAPTER 44
CHAPTER 45
CHAPTER 46
CHAPTER 47
CHAPTER 48
CHAPTER 49
CHAPTER 50
CHAPTER 51
CHAPTER 52
CHAPTER 53
CHAPTER 54
CHAPTER 55
CHAPTER 56
CHAPTER 57
CHAPTER 58
CHAPTER 59
CHAPTER 60
BONUS CHAPTER!!
BLOOD OF KHARIS IS OUT NOW!
BONUS CONTENT! FEMALE LEAD INTERVIEW
I'M COMING BACK!
I'M COMING BACK!!
MARRY ME, ADELAIDE COMING SOON!
BACK AGAIN!
LADY LAILA, COMING SOON!

CHAPTER 24

95.3K 4K 391
By Sellyfronce

Double update Friday is official! See you tonight for the second update! :)

Saya wakes up the next morning and sees she's in Xerxes' sleeping embrace. She is glad Xerxes now trusts her enough to tell her his past. Saya stays put admiring him, he looks so peaceful asleep.

"You're awake," he says, his eyes still closed. She has never caught him asleep! She kisses his cheek and gets out of the bed, grabbing her chewing stick, heading towards the bath. She stops by the window and looks out, enjoying the view...wondering.

She suddenly feels a kiss on her cheek and shoulder.
"What is it?" he asks from behind her.

"My Lord do you-"

"We talked about this Saya," Xerxes says, cutting her off before she could start. Ah yes...she forgot.

"Xerxes...do you think I can go visit my family?" she turns around only to see him frowning. Why would she want to go visit her family when they can come here anytime they want?

"I just want to be on familiar grounds for a bit...please"

"Did something happen?"

Saya shakes her head immediately. "No, my love, nothing happened. I just want to stay there for just 2 nights. I can leave next week," hopefulness in her eyes. The new normal between them, Saya calling Xerxes either by his name or 'My love' was established last night.

He had made her practice till she fell asleep. The first couple of times, Saya was too shy to say it, but as she continued, she felt blessed that he wanted her to address him that way and started warming up to it immediately. Xerxes stares at her for a long time, Saya standing there hoping he will let her go.

"I'll accompany you"

"Your people need you here. It's not like I am running away," she says chuckling.

Xerxes has a bad feeling about this, he hates being somewhere he won't be able to protect her, and now she's pregnant, the thought of anything happening to them drives him insane. But at the same time, he wants to make her happy. What sort of test is this? After a few minutes, Xerxes sighs.

"Fine, but I'll be sending one of my trusted lieutenants with you. That's the only way you can go."

Saya nods in approval, excited, and hugs him tight.

"Thank you!"

At least he gets a reward for this.

Xerxes and Saya freshen up and leave the chambers. Xerxes heads to his study for his meeting while Saya heads downstairs. She meets Nabir in the kitchen with a bright smile.

"It seems both of us are happy, My Lady" Nabir tells her.

"It seems so. You go first," Saya says as she prepares breakfast for Xerxes.

"The commander wants me to marry him"

"What? Nabir that is great!"

"I know! I thought he was joking with me so I got angry and left for my chambers, but he followed me there saying he was serious. He didn't care about what his parents wanted anymore because he could only see me as...the mother of his children," Nabir narrates, her face turning red.

"I am so happy for you! Although mine is not as great as yours it is something." Saya tells her friend the events that unfolded the previous day and it seems like Nabir is hyper because she is overly excited.

"I can't believe you confessed to the king My Lady!"

Saya nods smiling as she concentrates on the meat buns she's preparing.

"I can't believe it either!" a voice says. Saya and Nabir look up to see Oma standing there with Sarah behind her.

"You didn't bring your army today," Saya comments, making Nabir giggle.

"You see I always knew there was something off about you Saya" Oma walks closer.

"You gave off this energy that made me wonder, what secret you might be hiding, and alas here I am, with the knowledge that will turn the king against you for good."

"Oma, I really don't want to-"

"Oh no Saya. This is really important," Oma interrupts in a mocking tone.

"Let's see if your so-called love for the king will stop him from punishing a woman that is literate"

How did she know? This is not possible, Saya did everything she could to keep this a secret and it has now fallen into the worst hands.

"I don't know what you're talking about Oma," Saya says trying not to panic, focusing her attention on the buns.

"Oh but you do Saya. See I have this book and scroll that I found in your room. The guards wouldn't have let you take anything from the king's study. Which means you probably got it from the forbidden floor. Trust me I went there too, out of curiosity and the king was not happy. But for you, to steal some information from there, and keep for yourself...that... that the king will not tolerate."

Saya sighs looking up at her

"What do you want Oma?"

A devilish grin plasters her face as she says, "You need to allow the king some space with his other woman. He hasn't touched me since he first laid with you. That is not too much to ask no?"

"If he hasn't laid with you since then what makes you think he will do it now?"

Oma chuckles, "Because, this time, you won't be paying attention to him, and he'll need comfort elsewhere. Saya, he's a king, who has two women. If you don't want to pack up and leave this place with a bastard in your womb, you best do as I say."

Saya debates internally for a while, eventually sighing."...Alright Oma, but I'll need to take his breakfast up first"

"Great! You can use that as practice," Oma says leaving with Sarah, who had been avoiding Nabir's gaze.

"My Lady why would you do that?"

"The king has trusted me with his secret Nabir. I told him I had none, so if he finds out I lied to him, that trust will be broken. I can't let him find out about this, he won't forgive me"

"My Lady but-"

"Leave it be Nabir. Come on, his meal is ready"

Nabir can't understand why Saya is backing down like this. Where is the Saya that was so adamant about changing the status of women and conquering the king?

"My Lady, why are you behaving like this? You were the one that talked about helping women and-"

"That has nothing to do with this Nabir. I love the king now, I also care about what he thinks of me and his trust. I told you the Saya you met that time is only in my head. This...this is the Saya you know. I am scared of what the king will do if he finds out. I need to go see my family earlier than expected, it will be best if I try to ignore Oma getting close and personal with the king early."

Saya takes the tray and walks past Nabir heading to the king's study.

Her maid is upset, but there's nothing she can do, Saya is right, betraying the king just when he's given her his trust is the worst thing that can happen right now.

They get to the door and Saya learns from the guards that the advisors are still in.

After a while, the door opens and the advisors walk out. Saya and Nabir bow in respect before she walks in.

"I told you not to be waiting outside like that."

"I didn't wait long," she says, placing his meal in front of him. He reaches to pull her on his lap, as usual, but she jerks back as if she was suddenly pinched, then sits on the chair beside him.

Xerxes frowns at her, "What are you doing?"

"I was wondering if I could go see my family tomorrow instead?"

"What is wrong with you?"

"Nothing, I just changed my mind."

"Until you tell me what's wrong, you're not going anywhere."

Tears fill Saya's eyes. She doesn't know what to do. She can't tell him what's wrong and resisting the urge to be in his arms is torture! She needs to leave, just to get used to this feeling, as Oma will be having her way. Xerxes looks up at her when he hears sniffles. He drops the bun on his plate, confused.

"Saya," he calls trying to touch her, but she removes her hand immediately.

"No, please I really need to see them, it's urgent now," she begs looking at him.

"Just tell me what's wrong"

"I can't...not now. Please"

Xerxes grits his teeth in anger. Something is worrying his woman and he cannot do anything about it.

"Fine," he stands up, heading to the door.

"You have not finished eating yet"

"I just lost my appetite," he says before banging the door making her flinch.

Saya wipes her tears. Just when they were making progress, things had to go sideways. At least she is getting better at lying, the crocodile tears worked on Xerxes, so that is a plus. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

36.6K 567 23
*𝐌𝐚𝐭𝐮𝐫𝐞 𝐂𝐨𝐧𝐭𝐞𝐧𝐭* 🌶 {COMPLETED} Princess Luna is caught in a horrible storm that leaves her stranded, until she is found by the Vampyr...
3.9K 165 23
The prom queen has blood on her hands. ......... "I'd like to experience that deadly kiss of yours, baby girl" "In your dreams lover boy" He chuckle...
2M 104K 63
She was not born a lady, she was made one. She was not born into wealth, she was given it. Laila is a woman of the king, and she fell in love with hi...
3.3M 138K 40
Her presence was once one that enamoured the masses. A beautiful young princess whose destiny seemed to be set in a life of royal balls and princes. ...