Billionaire's Untamed

By _MidnightDreamer01_

This is a spin-off/ Sequal of Mr. Billionaire's love. PREVIEW: Xander Crawford has his mother pestering him t... More

BILLIONAIRE'S UNTAMED
|| Chapter 1 ||
||Chapter 2||
||Chapter 3||
||Chapter 4||
||Chapter 5||
||Chapter 6||
||Chapter 7||
||Chapter 8||
||Chapter 9||
||Chapter 10||
||Chapter 11||
||Chapter 12||
||Chapter 13||
||Chapter 15||
||Chapter 16||
||Chapter 17||
||Chapter 18||
||Chapter 19||
||Chapter 20||
||Chapter 21||
||Chapter 22||
||Chapter 23||
||Chapte 24||
||Chapter 25||
||Chapter 25.1||
||Chapter 26||
||Chapter 27||
||Chapter 28||
||Chapter 29||
||Chapter 30||
||Chapter 31||
||Chapter 32||
||Chapter 33||
||Chapter 34||
||Chapter 35||
||Chapter 36||
||Chapter 37||
||Chapter 38||
||Chapter 39||
||Chapter 40||
EPILOGUE

|| Chapter 14||

6.6K 331 35
By _MidnightDreamer01_

~Don't Chase, Get Chosen.~

~ ALEXIS ~

My phone rang with an unknown number. I excused myself from James, one of my co-workers, and picked it up. 

Fortunately, our company was able to pick up the pace even after our small breakdown five days ago. I got busy after my short visit to my parents, that's why I am meeting Xander today to sign our contract. 

I am still regretting rejecting his money offer because, let's be honest half-a-million is not a small amount, but then accepting that money would have made me feel cheap.

"Hello," I answered. "Hi." I heard a preppy known voice but couldn't tell who it was.

"Um, I am sorry, I didn't save the number-" She cuts me off. "Oh, that's ok, hon, I am Aubree."

"Aubree?" I try to remember. Oh, wait- "Mrs. Crawford? Aubree Crawford? Oh, yes, ma'am. What can I do for you?" I shuttered, quite startled. Why did she call all of a sudden to my number?

"Don't call me Mrs. Crawford or Ma'am Alex. You are practically family." She says casually.

"Huh? W-What?" Ok, she is scaring me.

"Oops...sorry, forget what I said, I just babble nonsense sometimes, don't mind me. " She laughs. "Anyway, I called to check if you were free for lunch today."

"What? Me? Why? I- I- am sorry, I mean sure." Jesus, what's wrong with me? Why am I so nervous?

"That's great. I was thinking, we can have lunch and then go to my house for you to check the rooms and stuff. How does that sound?" She asks. I was going to say yes when I remembered about Xander. He must be in his way over.

"Oh, that would be nice, but actually I am-" She cuts me off. "That's awesome. Now, come down, I am waiting for you."

What? I almost scream. "Down?"

"Oh, yes, I am in front of your office building I hope you don't mind." Well, even if I do, I can't tell my employer that. So, instead, I said. "No, that's alright, but I need to get permission from my boss, and also I have to meet-" She didn't let me finish again. "That's not a problem, hon, I already called him, and he said yes."

"Oh." Was all that I could say.

 "Awesome. When you come down and enter the black Mercedes parked outside your office. And please be fast, I am hungry. Bye." With that, she hung up.

.

.

I pack my things and run down immediately. 

True to her words, a black Mercedes was parked outside my office. The guy in a dark suit opens the back door for me, and I thank him before getting inside. 

To my utter shock, we were not alone, 2 other ladies were sitting inside grinning widely at me. I smiled back awkwardly, not knowing what else to do.

"Oh, Alex, honey, there's a slight change of plan. My daughter here," She pointed at the beautiful woman sitting in the passenger seat, smiling at me. I gave her a nod of recognition with a small smile. "She is not feeling well. Do you mind if we go to our home directly?"

"No, no. That's ok." I replied.

The car starts and the woman beside Aubree introduce herself. "Hello, Alex. I am Daphnee." She gave me a tiny wave, and I copy that motion. "Her best friend." She points at Aubree. "And also Xander's godmother. Any dirty secret or embarrassing story about Xander, darling, you come straight to me." Daphnee smirks with all seriousness. I laughed. "Thanks, I'll remember that."

"Ok, my turn." Aubree's daughter from the passenger seat grins at me. "Hi, I am Evangeline, Xander's little sister. Everyone calls me Eva, and I am so excited to finally meet you," She squeals, her eyes were sparkling like stars. She made my heart skips a beat with her beautiful face and that cute smile.

"Hello, I am-." She cuts me off. "Alex, I know. We all know." She nods, repeatedly, staring at me gleefully. I cannot help but giggle at her glossy puppy eyes. "You are really cute." Slipped out of my mouth. She blushed at my compliment and winced at the same time.

"Are you ok?" I asked at her scrunched face. "Yes." She nods, smiling weakly. "Period pain." Aubree piped in, looking at her daughter in sympathy.

"Oh...wait, I might have something that will cheer you up," I said, searching inside my purse. "Aha, here." I passed the chocolate bar to her.

She stared me with grateful gleaming eyes. "You are an angel. I was really craving for this." She took the bar and unwrapped it. She breathes out in satisfaction after taking a bite. "Thank you." I chuckle in response.

.

.

"And welcome to our humble home," Aubree says, smiling when we entered the mansion. I looked around at the large, decorated living space in awe. It was really beautiful.

"This is incredibly gorgeous, Mrs-" She cut me off by coughing and narrowed her eyes at me. "I mean Aubree," She smiled at my correction.

"Isn't it? I decorated it myself." She announced proudly.

"Really? Have you tried doing this as a profession? We might have an opening in our company." I joked as my eyes scan the place. She laughs, patting my shoulder. "That's a tempting offer." She joked back.

"What's tempting, shortcake?" We heard a voice in front of us. I looked up to see the senior Crawford coming down the stairs with a soft smile on his face. My heart skips a beat seeing him.

Wow, does everyone in this family look like a fucking runway model?

Even in his sixties, Nolan Crawford looks drop-dead gorgeous with alluring eyes very similar to an asshole I had the misfortune to meet.

"Nothing you should know about." Aubree sticks her tongue out. He raises an eyebrow at her, but the smile never left his lips. He slips his hand on her waist and bends down to peck her lips. I had to bite my inner cheek to push down the urge to scream 'aww'.

His eyes settle on me. "And who do we have here?" He asks.

Before I can open my mouth, Aubree beat me to it and clapped her hands excitedly. "Oh, this is Alex, Alexis Cooper. I told you about her last night, remember?"

Mr. Crawford's eyebrows furrowed and then cocked up in recognition. "Oh, right." He held his hand out for me, smiling. "Nice to finally meet you, Alex. I've heard a lot about you."

"I-It's my pleasure, sir," I shuttered, placing my hands in his smiling brightly. My face feels hot, and I know I am blushing. Trust me, that's a rare occurrence.

"Ok, can we eat now? I am starving." Aubree moaned. "When are you not?" Daphnee whispers loudly enough for everyone to hear.

Ignoring Daphnee, Aubree loops her arms in mine. "Let's go." She says, dragging me towards the dining hall.

"Slow down, shortcake, you will trip." Mr. Crawford's worried voice was heard from behind. "Yeah, yeah." Was her prompt reply.

We were about to sit when I got a call from Xander. Jesus, I completely forgot about him. I picked it up carefully, hiding the caller's name from his family. "Hey,"

"I'll be at the restaurant in 5mins." He said with an urgency in his voice.

"That's awesome, but there is a possibility you won't find me there," I said. 

"What? Why? You are the one who called me to that restaurant. Do you think my time is-" I cut his rant in the middle, "I am at your parent's house with your family." The focus of his family was now on me.

I heard a faint, tire screeching noise followed by loud horns before he spoke again. "What? My-what? W-WHAT?" I had to take the phone away from my ear because of how loud he was.

I passed an awkward smile to his family and excuse myself walking further away from their reach. "Your mom suddenly called and asked me to come with her."

"Why did you say yes?" He shouts again.

"First, stop yelling in my ears. And second, I am here for my work, and if you are forgetting, she is my employer, I didn't have much of a choice now, did I?" I argued.

"Oh, god, they are gonna try to squeeze the truth out of you." He exhales deeply. "You should have just told her you are meeting me. Damn it."

"Well, I tried to tell her, but before I could, she already made the plan for both of us. She is your mother, after all, no doubt," I replied.

"I don't like your tone." He snaps.

"I don't like you, but we all have to adjust now, don't we?" I snap back.

"Would you stop with your snarky remark already?" He sighs.

"Can't do." I shrug, knowing well that he can't see me.

"Ugh!" He hissed. I smiled, satisfied to have riled him up. "Damn it. I have an important meeting in 15mins. I can't-" He breathes out, trying to control his temper and then say. "Ok, I will try and come as fast as possible you just don't answer any of the questions my family asks about us, do you understand?"

"What? Why? Don't you trust me?" I ask. 

"No." He replied bluntly. "I can't let you have spout nonsense about us to my family just like you did to Trisha." I chuckled at his reply.

"Why? Did she tell you something?" I ask, curiously.

"No, but she is staring at me all weird, and she giggling every time our eyes meet like she is having a private joke, it's so awkward. Earlier, when I asked about it, she told me she knew about us and also know how whipped I am for you? Me, whipped for you?" He sounds confused.

I laughed loudly. "Well, according to my story, you are. Very, very much."

"I knew you had something to do with that." He growls.

"Of course, I did. I told her about our little fake love story. And let me tell you it was well-received and appreciated." I was so proud of myself.

I heard him groan, singing a string of curses. "You know I would kill to see your face right now." I laughed out. "But as much as I love to see your little egoistic head exploding, I have companies that are waiting for me. Bye." I hanged up first again without listening to what he was saying.

I place my phone above my chest, laughing slowly.

Ah, satisfaction.

Going back to my seat, I was met with four pairs of animated eyes waiting for me. "Was it my brother?" Asked Eva. "Yes." I nod.

"What did he say?" Aubree asked.

"He wanted to know where was I. Actually, we had a plan for lunch, but you suddenly called, and I forgot to tell him. He was waiting for me in front of my office." I said.

"Oh, did you tell him you are here?" Aubree asked. I bob my head. "Yes, he told me he would come by after he is done with his work."

Everyone around the table nod, smiling secretively.

Well...

.

.

We were later joined by Ace and Matt, Xander's brother, and his aunt Kiera and cousin Emerald at the dining table. Like everybody else, they were too pleased to meet me. It seems like everybody in this family knew about me.

Kiera was a nice gentle lady, opposite Daphnee who was more outgoing and bold. Emerald looked really intimidating at first, kinda like a prude and proper heiress, but as they say, appearance can be deceptive. 

Even though Emerald was Kiera's daughter her persona was more like Daphnee. They said it was all Daphnee, who spoiled all the kids in the household, to which she just grinned looking proud.

Ace and Matt were great too. Matt was Eva's twin actually they are triplets with another brother named Chris who mainly helps Xander in their business and so does Blake, Ace's twin, who was out for a business trip and Chris was with Xander. 

Matt seemed like a nice guy but is a little moodier and Ace seems like a shy introvert who keeps everything to himself.

Eva was a pampered child but a hard-working influential woman in the wedding industries. I was pretty impressed.

I personally think Emerald, I, and Eva will be great friends in the future. They seem awesome, just like me.

They further asked me about my parents, hometown, and stuff like that, before Eva whine. "Ah, I can't control the urge anymore," She said, staring at me, curiously. "Are you seriously his girlfriend? Are you really dating my brother?" She asked, making her mom hit her in the head. "Eva," Aubree warns.

"Shortcake." Glared Mr. Crawford and pets Eva's head, asking if it hurt. She grinned at her father, shaking her head, making her mom roll her eyes.

"Well, so... are you?" Daphnee asks, wiggling her eyebrow. I noticed everyone's attention was now on me, they were staring at me like I was some kind of museum art.

I gulped slowly, passing them an awkward smile. "Um...yes." I nod. "It hasn't been that long though." I quickly added.

"How did you guys meet?" Asked Kiera. 

"Well, we first met at a mall-" I was ready to tell them my masterpiece when a loud voice cut me off. "I am here. I am h-here." He says between deep breaths. "Now, I see black dots." He shakes his head, blinking repeatedly.

"Xander, what are you doing here?" Questioned a confused looking Aubree. 

Without replying, he comes near the dining table and takes a seat beside me. He picks up a glass and drinks the water, still breathing heavily.

"Woah, did you run all the way from the office or what?" Emerald chuckled. 

"No, I came here to give Eva this." He glares at her. "Mom told me you had a stomach ache." He passed Eva a paper bag. She looks inside and grins. "Thanks, brother." She says, holding an ice cream tub and chocolate bars. He just smiles and drinks water.

"That's so sweet," I cooed in a whisper, cocking my head to his side. He looks up at me with glaring eyes, and I backed away.

"Did you really come here, leaving your OH-SO-PRECIOUS-OFFICE, to give Eva this?" Aubree asks. I chuckle at her sarcasm. Xander rolls his eyes. "You say like I don't have a life outside the office, mom."

"Well, you really don't." She shrugs staring at him seriously. That makes everyone laugh. I am starting to love her.

"That's funny. Can I eat something now? I am starving." He frowns. Aubree nods, serving him a plate.

"I thought you had an urgent meeting," I whispered. "I did." He nods, taking one spoon of rice and curry. "But then I left in the middle, knowing very well that, I can't let your big mouth move unguarded." 

I had to bite my lips to stop myself from laughing.

.

.

"And this is Ace's music room. He practices his masterpieces here." Aubree said with pride in his voice while patting her flustered son on the back. "I'd like to give it a more modern-y look, what do you think?" She asks. I nod, going inside the room.

It looked very familiar. Where have I seen this before? "Oh, d-do you, by any chance, have a UTube channel?" I asked.

He nods, staring wide-eyed at me. "How do you know?"

"Oh, my freaking god." I gasp, placing my hand over my mouth. "This room, I knew it. Y-You are Ace, THE ACE... from Ace's Playlist?"

He looked freaked out. "Umm..." He clears his throat, scratching the nape of his neck. "Not THE ACE but, yeah." He shrugs, blushing profusely.

"Oh, my god. Wow," I put my fist into my mouth to stop myself from screaming. "I can't believe I am seeing you in person. You have a beautiful voice. I am a fan, a gigantic fan of yours. I was your 50th subscriber and following you since then."

His eyebrows rise upwards, while his mouth stays agape. "Really? Wow, that's quite a long time."

"I know!" I scream, staring at him with gleaming eyes. "I have your merchandise like the coffee mug, T-shirts and everything, I love your covers and all of the songs you have composed. This may sound weird, but I also a poster of yours in my room." I started fangirling, making both Aubree and Ace laugh. "My poster? How? I don't even show my face in the videos."

"I have the pic with just the half of your face and guitar in your hand." My face turns red when I mentioned this, but he just laughs it off. "That's... gratifying."

"What are you all laughing about?" Emerald and Eva, along with Xander, came.

"She has a poster of Ace in her room." Aubree laughs, pointing at me. They looked at me weird. "What? Why?"

"She is a gigantic fan of mine." Ace copy my words, smirking at his brother.

"I thought you don't like showing your face in your videos?" Xander asked with furrowed eyebrows.

"He doesn't." I piped in. "He has the camera angle set in a way that it only shows his mouth and down, up to his hands holding his guitar. Dude, I still can't believe I am meeting a celebrity." I fan my face staring at Ace, who flushes, looking down at his shoes.

"Hey, I am a celebrity too." Xander frowns, making me laugh. "Yeah, ok." I scoffed. 

Staring at one of my favorite idols, I asked. "Why don't you show your face? You are damn handsome. Trust me with the face and voice like yourself, the subscriber bar will go off the radar."

"That's exactly why I don't. It won't be fair to others if everyone saw me and knew who I was." He shrugs, frowning.

"He wants people to listen and admire his voice, not his surname and face." Emerald pats his cousin's arms proudly. 

My heart melts into a puddle. "A man with a conscience, face, and a beautiful voice. Where have you been all my life?" I sigh. Aubree, Eva, and Emerald paused before burst out laughing while Ace looked startled. He is so innocent.

"Haha, so funny. Had a good laugh. Now, we should have a talk." Xander holds my wrist and drags me with him. "Wait- I have to wor-" He pulls me inside a room without letting me complete.

"You've got to stop dragging me around like that." I glare at him. "You were flirting with my brother!" He whisper-shout, after closing the door, totally ignoring my words.

"I wasn't flirting. It was just an honest joke." I shrug. "Plus, I don't do young boys." I fold my arms, shaking my head.

"He is of your age." He says, making me smirk. "Huh, really? That's interesting."

"Ugh!" He shouts, pulling his hairs and pacing around the room. "Oh, my god. What did I do to deserve this? Why did I have to choose you?"

I shrug. "Wah, you accepted your defeat so soon, Xander. I was just getting started. I thought you were better than that, but I guess I was wrong."

"I am not-" He started shouting but paused and closed his eyes. He opens them again and forced a smile. " I am not accepting my defeat. I am just thinking over certain life decisions."

"Too late," I bob my head looking around the room. "Oh." I realize it was his old room. "It's your room," I wonder aloud. "It must be, it has that egoistic, narcissistic feel to it." I nod, looking around the room. "You didn't change, did you?"

"No, only got better." He smiled, sarcastically. "Whatever you say." I hummed.

"Anyways, I was saying, we have to sign the contract first and then decide what to say to our parents, like where did we meet and what happened-" I interrupted his rant. "Don't worry. I've got the perfect story for us."

"Where I am presented as a romantic whip? No, thank you." He glares.

"Well, too bad, you don't have any choice now, but to follow my story." I smile. "And why would I do that?" He asks, arrogantly. 

"Trish already knows and belives my version of our supposed love story, and if our stories didn't match, we... you will be screwed." I shrug, making his eyes wide. He realizes he is screwed.

"But- I- Oh, god, it's true." He sits on his bed, rubbing his face, while I take a tour of the room.

"Oh," I chirped grinning. "Look what I found." His angry eyes melt into wide, shocked ones when he saw what's in my hand. "Give that back to me."  He dashes towards me, flustered, and I dodged him laughing. I kept running throughout the room with him chasing me. "You are not supposed to touch other people's personals." He stops and yells, standing on the right side of the bed while I stood on the left.

"I am sorry, my little princess. But it was right there in front of my eyes." I laughed, pointing at the desk. "How can I miss such an opportunity to tease you when the content is served in a silver platter." I showed him the picture of the siblings standing in their Halloween costumes. 

Oh, wait- did I forget to mention that Xander was wearing a princess dress?

"Give me the photo back." He moves to the left making me step to the right, shaking my head. "Not happening, cinderella."

"Stop calling me that. It was a dare, ok? I don't know how it got there. Give it back to me." He tries to jump at me, instead, trip and fall on the bed, hitting his knees in this process. "Ah, fuck." He turns around in his bed and holds his knee to his chest. "This is all your fault." He hisses at me.

"Aww, did my little princess got hurt? Do you want me to kiss your boo-boo?" I talk in a pout, breaking into a fits laugh at the end. 

I was distracted, and he takes this opportunity to pull my hand, which had the photo, making us stumble back into his bed.

Me, on the top of him. It felt like Deja Vu.

And by the laws of awkward moments, it was just that instance when his family decided to barge inside his room.

.

.

.

Talk about awkward.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

264K 8.6K 36
a simple yet beautiful hard-working girl falls in love with simply the wrong but the right guy at the same time, jasmine white is a 24 years old wom...
3.4M 94.8K 67
"Stay away from me I'm not the man for you understand" how did this change to this "I can't live without her", read to figure out this one of a kind...
53.6K 1.8K 19
[Book 1]✓ 18+ Audience. Mature Themes. Kind, honest,humble, sweet, polite and absolutely beautiful. Hard faced, sometimes scary, but a good father. T...
1.7K 72 30
this is book 1 Skylar is twenty three, Xander is thirty two. little situations, divided love and a family secret. all of little skylar's parts are...