Red Dress (On going)

By authorovert

Park Sooyoung is a 20 year old senior High School student in Seoul International High School. She was origina... More

Prologue
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty Two
Chapter Twenty Three
Chapter Twenty Four
Chapter Twenty Five
Chapter Twenty Six
Chapter Twenty Seven

Chapter Twenty One

588 36 22
By authorovert

"HOCHSCHULE"

(COLLEGE)

———

"Do you ever get tired of coming here every weekend? Coz I'm tired of seeing you and you basically study in a different University than I do."Sooyoung exclaimed when she saw Sungjae suddenly entering the public library she currently works as a part timer during her free time.

"I miss you too Buttercup."Sungjae responded while handing her the book he borrowed last week.

"Don't you have plans with your friends or something? You're always here pissing me off."Sooyoung said while taking the books and placed them at the returned books section.

"Ugh. Come on Sooyoung, we both know those guys are busy with their love lives. If we start dating now then you won't be asking me anymore reasons why I need to come see you."Sungjae exclaimed while leaning on the counter.

A short coughing was heard from behind Sooyoung.

"So this guy is here again? You two should really start dating since it's pretty obvious you guys suit each other."said by Wendy she's the daughter of The librarian who owns the place, she helps out during her free time from school and she's Sooyoung's senior in her University.

"See even Wendy-noona think so too./Over my dead body."they both said at the same time which only made Wendy giggle with their cuteness.

"Jeeez. You two are quite a peculiar pair, by the way Sooyoung what time would you leave work today?"She asked making Sungjae pout as he was neglected from the conversation like all times.

"In about an hour. I have 2 days off from school and work, so I'll be visiting my cousin and niece."Sooyoung shared making Wendy smile.

"That's nice, I wish I had that free time. I still have to watch the library while you're gone, I hope Yerim comes by and visits."Wendy exclaimed making Sungjae to just stood there listening to their conversation.

"Isn't your sister like in her junior high school?"Sooyoung asked.

"Yeah, and she doesn't help out at the library at all. She's always out with her friends."Wendy complained while arranging some books piled on her table.

"Sucks to be you."was all she could respond before Sungjae successfully caught Sooyoung's attention.

"By the way Buttercup, what time are you leaving later? I'll drive you to your house. I kind of miss that little angel."Sungjae suggested making Sooyoung to just roll her eyes.

"You should really stop bothering my family, and I'm leaving at 8pm later by bus. Don't you have class tomorrow?"Sooyoung asked.

Wendy had that gentle smile on her face while watching those two talking. They may deny the fact that they have a relationship but she knew something was definitely going on between them. Sungjae came by the library the other time and his friends Jackson and Mark was with him, despite the bickering and undying insults Sooyoung throws at Sungjae the two of them are pretty close. In fact Sungjae is the only guy Sooyoung actually talks to, she would only talk to the other two in terms of such importance. Wendy just concluded that Sungjae and Sooyoung had undoubtedly evolved their relationship but are just unaware of it.

"I don't have class on Monday and Tuesday since our school is doing that Foundation Week, so I can tag along when you go home."Sungjae stated.

"Your school has some creepy schedule timings all the time. Fine you can tag along but I'm not sitting in the passenger seat, I'll make look like my driver on a 3 hour drive."Sooyoung states which only made Sungjae smile.

"Anything for you mi amore."He respond which made Wendy shake her head.

Why can't they just start dating? Their like two married couples.

(A few moments later)

Sooyoung had just finished packing her clothes for a  2 day stay at Alice's place while she waited for Sungjae to suddenly bathed into her place.

For some reason Sungjae was always there everything he was free, and even if Sooyoung always complains about it. She was also thankful that he actually tries to cheer her up but she would never tell him that or she'd rather kill her self.

"Where the hell is he?"she mumbled patiently, it was already 7:55pm and there was still no sigh of Sungjae. "If he's even a minute late, then I'm ditching him."she added as she started fixing her shoes and closed her place. She decided to head down her apartment building guessing that maybe he was already waiting by the lobby.

Sooyoung was inside the elevator when her phone started ringing, she glanced at the caller ID and ignored it. The call continued until she reached the lobby, she spot Sungjae panting his hearts out as he freshly arrived by the entrance door and raised his arm to catch her attention, Sooyoung only nodded to acknowledge his presence and was about to put her phone on silent when she suddenly received a message.

(Answer the call Joy.)

———

"Auntie!!! Uncle!!!"Chaeyoung exclaimed running towards them as she gave them each a hug. Sooyoung was kissed her on the forehead before the little angel was swiftly lifted by Sungjae and carried her on his shoulder.

"Yo little pumpkin. You seem energized, did you snatch another chocolate bar from the fridge?"Sungjae teases making the little angel to giggle while nodding.

"Yes yes, because I got a the highest score in English class. Mama gave me permission to have sweets."Chaeyoung exclaimed. As the two continued talking about school and sweets, Sooyoung carefully placed her bag on the sofa as the three of them entered the living room.

"Very good Chaeyoung, so where's your Mom?"Sooyoung asked.

"She's in the kitchen with Auntie Joohyun."The child answered which made her leave the two alone and walked towards the kitchen.

Knock knock knock

Alice and Joohyun's attention was caught when they heard Sooyoung knocking while leaning at the counter top staring at them while they were making dinner.

"I'm home."she declared making the two ladies to smile.

"By home, you mean We."Joohyun points out while grinning as she saw a glimpse of Sungjae playing with Chaeyoung.

Sooyoung just rolled her eyes. Everyone around them had started teasing her and Sungjae and calling them denial couple and such but she doesn't bother explaining nor denying anymore since she had enough of it at her University. Besides she already acknowledged Sungjae as part of her circle, though Mark and Jackson are still a 50-50 case since she doesn't talk nor hang out with them as much as Sungjae does.

"So what's for dinner? You could add another plate since we have a unwanted guest."Sooyoung said making Alice nodded.

"I'm making meatloaf. I already made extra servings since I kind of got the hitch that Sungjae might be here."Alice said.

"Well he's like an annoying tail or something. I don't even know why I always see him when we go to a different University."Sooyoung wondered.

Then Alice and Joohyun glanced at each other.

"It's Love."They both said at the same time but a Sooyoung only raised an eyebrow and walked upstairs to her room.

"Call me when food is ready. I'll settle my things in my room."Sooyoung said as she left.

Meanwhile in the living room.

"So Uncle, are you my Auntie's boyfriend yet?"The child asked making him chuckle.

"Aigoo, if your Aunt hears you saying the boyfriend word I'll be the one who'll get scolded. You're too young to know about dating."Sungjae tried to explain but the child only giggled.

"My classmate Jungkook said he likes me and told me that he will marry me when we grow up."Chaeyoung confesses shocking him.

"Jungkook? A 7 year old boy already confessed to you? What's with today's generation?"Sungjae wondered. Alice and Joohyun could heat their conversation and couldn't stop themselves from giggling with Sungjae's reaction.

"He's too pure."Alice comments.

"Too bad his taste in a Park Sooyoung standard."Joohyun points out as Alice shrugged her shoulders.

"He'll manage somehow."She answered as they finish up in the kitchen.

Going back to the living room, Sungjae has started teaching Chaeyoung some minor self defense.

"Why are we doing this uncle?"The child asked confused.

"The earlier the better. Even if that Jungkook kid is a 7 year old we don't know what he might do to you while at school."Sungjae stated while teaching her how to punch.

Joohyun was already setting the table while Alice went to call Sooyoung down. As Sooyoung was passing by the living room she took a quick glance at the two children and literally stopped her tracks as she stared at the two of them punching in the air.

"Right. Then you do an upper cut move when he suddenly touch you without your permission. Like this."Sungjae said while doing an uppercut motion which the child copied.

"What on earth are you two doing? And what the hell are you teaching my niece you idiot?"Sooyoung spoke up. Before Sungjae could explain Cjaeyoung was the one who spoke up first.

"Uncle is teaching me self defense."She said which Sooyoung glances at Sungjae and raised an eyebrow indicating she wants a valid reason for his action.

Alice and Joohyun stood by the kitchen door and watched their little show.

"But Buttercup, it's about time for her to learn this things or she'll get hurt in the future."Sungjae sounded like a whining 6 year old. "She told me her classmate named Jungkook proposed to her, so I taught her to fight back in case she was bullied or something."He added making Sooyoung's eyes furrowed upon the word proposed.

A boy proposed to Chaeyoung ? In first grade?

"Who's this Jungkook kid? And where does he live? Who are his parents? Sungjae get your car ready, we'll go beat the hell out of that kid and make him stay away from my niece. And let's beat up his parents as well for not teaching their son the proper age for a proposal."Sooyoung exclaimed startling the two elder ladies as Sungjae nodded and grabbed his car keys and quickly start putting on his jacket.

The two were about to leave the house and start something childish, Joohyun quickly stopped them on time.

"Yah! Stop it you two. Are you really going to that child's house?"Joohyun asked as the two of them nodded.

*boink*

They both got hit on the head by their former teacher.

"You guys are impossible. It was just a playful proposal don't get all worked up, that kid must have said it as a joke."Joohyun explained .

"Don't say that noona, I joke about saying I liked Sooyoung before and looked where I got myself into? I actually like this time for real."Sungjae stated which only earned him a slap on the shoulder from Sooyoung.

"Quit fooling around."she snarled.

"But I wasn't kidding. Jeeez."Sungjae said while rubbing his aching arm.

Joohyun gave up on the two of them, they are both getting really much alike.

"Let's all just pretend nothing happened and just eat dinner?"Joohyun said as they all agreed and went to eat.

———

*Japan*

"Kyaaaaaah! I miss you guys so much! I wish I could fly back to Korea right now!"Sana exclaimed as she was having a group video call with the gang excluding Mark and Lisa.

Jackson: I can agree on that Sana, which reminds me, why are you two together?

Sungjae and Sooyoung was on the same screen together, but Sooyoung was behind him doing some homework or something. Seeing them together only made Sana squeal in delight.

"Did our ship finally sailed?!!"Sana asked.

Sungjae: I'm at her place right now. We both have free days so we visit her family, and I didn't have anything else to do.

Jackson: Idiot! We had a meeting with our sunbae's this afternoon and you ditched us!

Sana laughed while hearing them argue.

Sungjae: I don't want to attend any of those, and besides they'll only ask for my number and ask me out on a date and such. I'd rather spend my free day messing Buttercup's day.

Sooyoung: You know I can hear you right?!

Jackson and Sana laughed through the screen.

Sooyoung: By the way, where is Manoban and Tuan?

Jackson: He's probably busy with his work, he told me he was the photographer to his cousin's wedding. It's today.

"And Lisa's probably busy training. She mentioned that she would be debuting as a soloist by next year so she must be very busy."Sana explained.

Sooyoung only rolled her eyes while throwing a pillow towards Sungjae who was laying on her bed. Sana could recognize the bed sheet he was laying under and she smiled upon her imagination that they might have developed their relationship already and are just too shy to admit it.

Sungjae: So how's a Japan Sana? You doing alright with your parent's company?

With that question Sooyoung's attention fell on the screen.

"Well it's kind of hard since I need to memorize all sorts of things like, the names of all board members and share holders and such. And those boring meetings are piling up as well, though I'm only there to observe it took me a lot of Will power to prevent myself from sleeping."Sana shared.

Jackson: That sounds painful. But you'll get used to it sooner or later.

Sungjae: Yeah! And how about that former fiancée of yours? Did you two finally meet up?

The question caught everyone off. Sooyoung quickly slap Sungjae's head for his insensitive question.

Sooyoung: Pabo!

But Sana smiled softly.

"Yeah we meet a month ago at a business meeting in Osaka. He was accompanying his dad so kind of got reunited there."Sana shared.

Sungjae: Really? So how'd it go?

Jackson: It's okay Sana, you don't need to answer his question if you don't want to. You know how stupid Sungjae is.

Sana only shook her head indicating that it was alright.

"It's fine. I actually listened to his advice that I should face him to end this uncomfortable feelings of mine."Sana states.

Sooyoung: So what happened? Did you two talked about the called off arranged marriage?

"Nope, I kind of just pretended that it didn't happen since it was called off of course. I just started talking to him like before, it was hard at first but I managed to pull it off."Sana said.

Everyone was silent for awhile before Sungjae decided to speak up.

Sungjae: So how about you Wang, how's your relationship with Youngji?

Sungjae changed the topic which Sooyoung was thankful for since Sana was oddly quiet for a while.

Jackson: Ugh! Don't even ask.

"Eh? Who's this Youngji?"Sana curiously asked.

Sooyoung: She's the girl Jackson has been chasing for the past 4 years.

Jackson: Eh?!! How do you know that?!

"Woah!! 4 years!!? Really? Tell us the details ASAP!"Sana was completely distracted.

Sungjae: Hahaha! Come on Wang, tell the ladies your love story.

Jackson: the hell Yook!

Sooyoung: I know about it since this idiot doesn't have anything else talk about every time he drops by my work. So how's it going with you and that chic?

Jackson could only face palm with his friends traitorous act.

Jackson: Well to cut the story short, we are still not dating and she's still doesn't acknowledge my feelings.

"Why? What happened?"Sana asked, Jackson was about to answer but Mark suddenly joined in the group.

Mark: HI Guys!!!!! I miss you so much!!!

Sooyoung: and here's the loud one. *rolls eyes*

Mark: Woah!! Why are you two together?!! And are you in bed Yook? Getting spicy with your relationship?! How nice.

Sungjae: Hahaha! Stop that dude or she might kill me.

Jackson: Jeez Mark, you really have to point that out? Sana and I held ourselves from pointing it.

"Yeah but knowing Sooyoung, those two are far from getting their relationship spiced up."Sana exclaimed as everyone except Sooyoung nodded in agreement.

Mark: So what did I miss?

Sungjae: Jackson was about to spill his real score with Youngji.

Mark: Woah! Are they dating already?! Finally! After 4 years congratulations.

Sooyoung: and now his relationship has been jinxed.

"Hahahaha! Stop bullying Jackson. But to tell you what he said that Youngji girl isn't dating him yet and it seems like she doesn't acknowledge his feelings too."Sana explained.

Sooyoung: I'd do the same if I were her.

Sungjae: Yah! Don't hurt his feelings more.

Sooyoung: You can relate to him coz you both are loveless idiots.

Mark: Woah! Now that was harsh, I missed that kind of Sooyoung. Good thing I dated Lisa so I'm not a loveless idiot.

Sooyoung: You're still an idiot.

Jackson: Gosh! I miss hanging around with you guys.

"Me too."Sana agreed.

Mark: Me three.

Sungjae: Well being with Buttercup is fine so I can manage without you guys.

Sooyoung: Shut up.

"Kyaaaaaaah! Can you guys just start dating?! Sungjae is too cheesy! Ugh."Sana states making the other two to fake barf.

Jackson: You're disgustingly smooth Yook.

Mark: I can't agree more.

There chat continued more before Sana heard a knock on her door.

"Sana-sama, anata no otosan wa anata ni aita gatte imasu." (Lady Sana,your Father wants to see you.) one of their attendants said by the door.

"Hai, sugu ni ikimasu." (Yes, I'll be there in a moment.) she replied as the attendant left her room.

Sooyoung and Sungjae heard their conversation.

Sooyoung: Business related?

Sana only smiled and nodded.

"Yeah. Tomorrow is my last day of training so he must be expecting really highly of me after it."Sana said.

Sungjae: You'll be great Sana.

Jackson: Why? What's happening?

Mark: Are you leaving Sana?

"Yeah, my Dad's calling for me. I'll catch up with you guys later."she exclaimed as everyone hid their goodbyes and ended the call.

I want to go back to Korea.

....

"She still doesn't answer the call?"

"No, it seems like she's avoiding you."

"She doesn't have any choice. She'll answer it sooner or later."

"What do we do now?"

"Let's just wait, I'm sure she'll come around. No matter how much she ignores it, she would still have a reason to come back."

"Have you contacted her?"

"Yes, she'll be arriving by next month."

"Good, then it would only be Joy's choice we need to make sure."

"Yes Sir."

———to be continued.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

426K 28.9K 43
♮Idol au ♮"I don't think I can do it." "Of course you can, I believe in you. Don't worry, okay? I'll be right here backstage fo...
846K 10.8K 44
You're rafe Cameron's girlfriend. He's controlling, manipulative, and insanely jealous over you. (13/01/24) #1-Rafecameron (12/03/24) #1-Outerbanks ...
380K 22.8K 81
Y/N L/N is an enigma. Winner of the Ascension Project, a secret project designed by the JFU to forge the best forwards in the world. Someone who is...
1.2M 53.2K 99
Maddison Sloan starts her residency at Seattle Grace Hospital and runs into old faces and new friends. "Ugh, men are idiots." OC x OC