Chapter Five

"ANDERN"

(CHANGES)

———

It's been a few days since Sungjae last saw Sooyoung, she took a few days off of school and called in sick.

"How is Sooyoung? Is she still sick?"Jackson out of the blue ask as the five of them are watching soccer practice.

"I don't know, we tried to visit her at her place but she doesn't open up to us saying we might catch her cold."Sana respond.

They continued their conversation while Sungjae was oddly quiet and Lisa noticed it.

"Hey Sungjae, you okay? You seem quiet."She pointed out making the others glance at him as well.

"Maybe he just miss Buttercup and all he can do is sulk."Mark teased.

"Nah, just a little tired though."Sungjae responded casually taking everyone by surprise, normally he would respond something stupid or weird but he didn't.

"That reminds me, you don't hang out with us after school much. Where have been going this days?"Jackson asked. It took a few seconds before Sungjae responded.

"Just here and there."Sungjae exclaimed as he quickly changed his aura and started teasing them. "Which also remind me, so Mark how's Thai language class? Have you finally start knowing it?"he changed the subject then a sudden awkward silence from Mark and Lisa caught their attention. Mark was the one who broke the silence as he started fake laughing.

"Well uhm... yeah it's doing fine. I'm learning bits and bits when Lalisa has free time and I also try to talk to Bambam with it too.. so yeah."Mark answered.

"How about you Lisa, is Mark a good student? Or is he that stupid to actually learn anything you teach him ?"Sungjae asked then cackled.

Lisa was fidgeting her fingers before she answered.

"Well he's an okay student, though we don't often have the lessons due to his practices. So yeah that's about it."she sounded really awkward which caught Jackson and Sana's attention.

The other two were convinced that something had happened with the two and they didn't tell them. They were pretty close the past three months and in just a few days ago they started distancing and barely even talking.

Something is up. -Jackson

I am so going to skin this lady alive , she's hiding something from us. -Sana

Meanwhile Sungjae was unaware with the awkward atmosphere and just tried his best to divert the topic since he didn't want them to notice or know that he has been visiting Sooyoung for the past two days after school.

....

"Why the hell are you even here again?"Sooyoung snapped when she saw Sungjae playing with her niece.

"To visit my favorite person of course."Sungjae stated making the little girl giggle.

"Jeeez, I'm going to school tomorrow so you can stop coming over. You make me sick even more."Sooyoung said while walking to the kitchen and grab an apple before joining the two in the living room.