Chapter Ten

"Schmerzhafte Vergangenheit"

(Painful Past)

———

Sooyoung woke up in an unfamiliar place, when she moved her arm she felt something restraining her and it drained her energy. Glancing on her arm she saw Sungjae sleeping and behind him was a passed out Jackson and Mark, roaming her surroundings she recognize the hospital ambiance.

Shoot, looks like I just passed out.

She thought, she slightly moved her arm which caused Sungjae to wake up.

"Oh sorry."she said but quickly held her throat, she had raspy voice. Sungjae rubbed his eyes before smiling at her.

"Thank God you're awake, I thought you were going to sleep forever."he joked, Sooyoung was about to respond something sarcastic but was interrupted when Mark and Jackson suddenly woke up.

"Omo! Sooyoung-Ah!!!"Mark dramatically said while running towards the bed and pushed aside Sungjae and gave her a hug. "Don't scare us like that! After we heard from Sungjae that you passed out we literally flipped out, don't you dare do that again."he scolded her making Sooyoung taken a back with his friendly gesture.

Why is is so worried? Did he just forgot that I'm not in good terms with him and his friends?

Then Jackson joined in while handing her freshly peeled apple.

"As much as I want to hug you and tell you how much we were worried but this idiot beat me to it, so my role would be to feed you. Now eat this apple I already peeled it for you."Jackson said, Sooyoung was even more taken aback.

Why are this guys so nice to me?

"And I can't hug you or Sungjae will punch me."Jackson added while gesturing to a glaring Sungjae.

"Stop glaring Yook."Sooyoung scolded making Sungjae smile and pretended like nothing happened.

"I'm wasn't glaring."he quickly denied but she only rolled her eyes while accepting the apple.

"Yeah whatever."she stated while taking a bite on the apple. The four of them were temporarily halted when they heard the door clicked open and an elder man entered followed by a blonde young woman.

Sooyoung's reaction quickly changed.

"Joy."the man addressed her surprising the two boys aside from Sungjae.

"Yes Father."she quickly responded in her calm voice, once again surprising the other two.

"It's good to see you awake. I quickly went for you when Alice called."the man said.

Jackson kind of felt the sudden tension between the two as he quickly gestures the other two for them to quietly leave the room and leave them talk. Sungjae was against it but he too didn't want to impose, taking one step Sungjae was slightly startled as he felt someone tugged the bottom of his sleeve. Glancing back he saw Sooyoung almost crumpling his sleeve stopping him from leaving, Jackson and Mark noticed her action and remained in their position. The elder man had just acknowledged their presence.