Chapter Twenty Two

"WACHSENDE GEFUHLE"

(GROWING FEELINGS)

———

*ringing sound*

"Sooyoung , your phone has been ringing like 3 times for the last 10 minutes."Wendy pointed out as the two of them were on their lunch break. One of the other part timers field in for them while they take their meals.

"Just ignore it sunbae. It's probably just Sungjae calling for no good reason."Sooyoung exclaimed as she gobbled up her spaghetti where she bought from the convenience store.

"Speaking of Sungjae, he didn't visit you this weekend. Why is that? Did you two got into a fight or something?"Wendy asked obviously teasing but Sooyoung only shrugged her shoulders.

"Don't even mention his name or he might pop out from somewhere."Sooyoung states which made her laugh.

"Jeeez, I just don't get the two of you. You guys are not dating nor even have plans on dating but you two act like a old married couple."She confessed which made Sooyoung stop eating and stare at her like she said something disgusting.

"When will you guys stop referring us as lovers. We will never date as in ever. I'd rather strangle him than start kissing that stupid face of his."Sooyoung said while rolling her eyes.

Wendy gently put down her burger and stared at Sooyoung seriously.

"Look Sooyoung, I don't know what happened between you two in high school and I pretty much can guess that you don't like him like how he likes you. But isn't it odd that you're acting like that? If I were you I might have fallen for him ages ago."Wendy shared which made Sooyoung barely nod her head.

"Yeah yeah. You should just date him if you want to, I'd gladly help you if you actually decide it since he really pisses me off."Sooyoung states.

"What don't you like about him?"Wendy asked which Sooyoung only shrugged her shoulders.

"Sungjae is so handsome and all girls would fight over just to get themselves noticed by him."Wendy started pointing out Sungjae's assets.

"I don't like attention so he's face is a big distraction. And that flashy being is too good for me, I'm a plain old Jane."Sooyoung said which Wendy disagreed.

"Now that's not true! You're beautiful! In fact you're gorgeous."Wendy compliments as she quickly do an over all scan on Sooyoung's appearance. She was wearing a black and green striped dress that reached her knees and topped it with a black cardigan, she matched her outfit with those black military boots and made her hair into a side braid. Sooyoung no longer wears her eye glasses since it was already a bother and she doesn't get affected when he dresses up anymore, she started to move out of her depressing self and start living a normal life.

"Whatever."was all Sooyoung could react.

They only had a few more minutes before their break time was over. The two of them were about to head back to work when Wendy told her something that might actually change her way of feeling.

"Sooner or later you'll realize your true feelings towards him."

.....