Prologue

———

"Mom, what's happening? Why is everyone panicking?"Sooyoung asked when she noticed people running around the place.

"Not now sweetheart, you should stay at your friend Tiffany tonight, I already informed their parents. Me and your Father needs to go somewhere."Her mother said. Then Sooyoung scanned the place looking for her older sister.

"Where's unnie? Isn't she coming with me to Tiffany's house?"the child asked which made her mother's expression to soften.

"I'm afraid not sweetheart, she would be coming with us. But we will be back when everything's all settled. I already informed Tiffany's parents that you'll be staying for a few days."she reminded her while caressing her face.

"Will you guys take long? Can I come with you?"she asked which her mother shook her head.

"Not for now, but when we settle everything will make to come and get you, okay? So can you promise Mama that you'll be a good girl and behave at the Young's place?"her mother asked making the 9 year old Sooyoung nod.

"I promise to be a good girl, please tell unnie to see me before you leave."She pleaded but only to make her Mom exhale her breath.

"I'm sorry but your sister had already went on ahead. But I promise you that you'll see each other in a few days when we come back."her mother assured her. Sooyoung could only nod in understanding as she watched her Mom and Dad hurriedly loading luggages on the trunk of their car.

....

It's been a few years and Sooyoung would only seldom see her older sister and parents, her sister and  parents would frequently leave the country and would only come back after a few months so Sooyoung had no choice but to stay at her Aunt's house.

She's already 15 and like always she never asked her parents or anyone about what's been going on with her family. People would wonder why she never actually asked, they guessed that she might already know what's been happening but chose to be silent.

"Hey Sooyoung, is your sister back?"Tiffany her neighbor's daughter, her sister's classmate back in middle school.

"Nope. They're staying in the US for a few months, they'll be back by Christmas I guess."Sooyoung stated sounding uninterested as she continue reading the book she was holding.

Tiffany's gaze softens as she watched her sat there.

"They haven't told you yet,huh?"she asked making Sooyoung shrug her shoulders.

"I'll wait, but I already have an idea but I need to hear it from them."Sooyoung said making Tiffany smile at her mature remark.

"Well then, say Hi to your sister for me. Tell her our batch mates wants to see her before she goes traveling the world."she stated making Sooyoung nod as she left.

"Yeah, if I get the chance to see her anyway."Sooyoung mumbled before deciding to head back inside the house.

....

Another few years has passed and it was Sooyoung's 18th Birthday and surprisingly her parents were home as well as her older sister Suzy.

"Happy Birthday to you, Happy Birthday to you, Happy Birthday Dear Sooyoung, Happy Birthday to you."Suzy sang to her while carrying the round shaped chocolate cake in her hand.

Even if Sooyoung and Suzy doesn't bond or even see each other pretty often they were undoubtedly very close since they were the only siblings.

"Don't forget to make a wish."Suzy reminded her as Sooyoung closed her eyes and made a wish before blowing the candle off.