Chapter Sixteen

"AUSFLUG"

(ROAD TRIP)

———

Today is a Saturday and it's been 2 days since the last time the gang were all together and that was the time they confronted Sana, the girls are already back to normal since they kind of understood what Sana was going through but the weird part about what happened is that Jackson and Sungjae became really strange after that.

It's 10am and Sungjae decided to grab something for breakfast when he came across his Mom and Sister having a morning talk.

"Well Good morning bro!"Sungyoung greeted her which he only responded with a nod and went to kiss his mom a good morning. It was unusual since Sungjae would normally greet first, Sungyoung glances at her mom and signaled her to ask the most obvious question.

"So Sungjaeyah, you don't have plans today? You've been oddly staying at home for the past two days."His mother asked making Sungyoung smile for her mother's help.

"Yeah bro, normally you'd be at Buttercup's place right about now. What happened did she finally dumped you or something?"Sungyoung joined in to tease him but to her surprise Sungjae only shrugged his shoulders.

"I'm not really in the mood to get punch on the face when I knock on there door, and it seems like she doesn't want to see me."Sungjae stated which of course surprised the two ladies.

Sungyoung quickly sat up then dragged the other chair towards her and signaled him to take a seat which he obliged while Mrs. Yook handed him some breakfast.

"Okay spill it Sungjae. I've been noticing your sudden not-in-the-mood mode, what the he'll happened? And what did you mean by Buttercup doesn't want to see you ? Did you do something to her?"Sungyoung asked, Sungjae decided to have a bite of his scrambled egg and some toasted bread before answering. His Mom placed a glass of milk for him to drink and sat in front of them.

"Well it's not like she told me she doesn't want to see me, it's more like I think she doesn't want to see me."he stated making them confused.

"And why would you think that? Did you do something wrong?"She asked again.

"I don't know. I just feel like it."Sungjae confessed making the whole situation even more confusing.

Sungyoung asked for her mother's help since her brother was talking in his Alien Language again.

"How about you tell us how it all started? So that we can understand."His mother said making Sungjae sighed and told them the whole story about how Sooyoung confronted Sana about her career choice which led to a very awkward giving of advice which triggered him and that was the time he realized that maybe Sooyoung said that to him and not Sana.

It took a while before his Mom and Sister were able to process everything and understood his sudden action.

"So you got affected of what Sooyoung said at the last part before she left?"His sister asked, Sungjae was silent making them assume that they were right.

Their mom decided to talk first.

"Tell me honestly Sungjae, do you like Sooyoung as a friend or someone special?"his mother asked making Sungjae confused.