The Unbroken

Від Gingers_Moon_

She's a bright shining star. The apple of her parents' eyes. The wonder kid in her school. The Angel in town... Більше

Warning
I
II
III
IV
V
VI
VII
VIII
IX
X
XI
XII
XIII
XIV
XV
XVI
XVII
XVIII
XIX
XX
XXI
XXII
XXIII
XXIV
XXV
XXVI
XXVII
XXVIII
XXIX
XXX
XXXI
XXXII
XXXIII
XXXIV
XXXVI
XXXVII
XXXVIII
XXXIX
XL
Epilogue
Afterword
Legend's

XXXV

170 14 0
Від Gingers_Moon_

For the majority of the day, we've been relaxing in the main room, joking around and having fun while we wait for Chris. He's meant to be dropping by at some point to inform us, mainly me, on how the Rogue pack is doing. I'm attached to them which I admit probably isn't a good idea. However, I care deeply, knowing they aren't bad people. They are lost souls that need someone to help them figure out what to do with their lives.

Gentle tiny hands press against my shoulder blades, bringing my mind back to the present rather than the uncertain future. My sweet babies are tracing along the inked patterns on my skin. Behind me, they discuss the bright colours and which design is theirs.

Business was quiet last year so Lex and I decided to get some tattoos in the break. We chose corresponding Hummingbirds on our calves, the two sets of watercolours meet to stare at the other when we're beside one another. I also chose two small black birds flying away with 'When we meet again' to go beneath my collar bone - I wanted something for Mum and Dad.

The kids are always fascinated by the Wolf family I requested for my back. A mountain stands in the distance, a setting sun to its side. Two grown wolves, one navy the other a deep orange, lead the three cubs down a trail. The first baby is green, the second red, the third light blue - the triplets favourite colours.

Alexis has added several more to her ever growing collection. A skull outlined by grass and flowers on her left calf. Not long after the terrors were born, she decided to get their footprints on her ribs, their names etched in the centre of each with white.

The rest were gifts from me on the days she was struggling with her mental health. She loves to have the beautiful reminder that she has gotten through a rough patch, I also know the pain calms her. A geometric heart surrounded by sparks was one, it apparently hurt more as it went over her hip bone. A random vine curls around one of her ankles, stray butterflies flying from it. She got a matching sun and moon in a mandala style, the sun on the top of one foot, the moon on another.

She also randomly came home one day with henna like ink on her hand and fingers. Something about a memory from when she went to Egypt with her family. She showed me an image she had of the original design, saved on google pictures.

"Why don't you have a look at all of Ma's tattoos? She has far more than me, you could count them since I don't know." I suggest since I need to move before my butt is permanently numb.

Amelia is always one to accept a challenge. She dives off of the sofa and into Lex's arms. She catches her mid air otherwise she'd smack her face into the table. Her brother's follow her lead in a less energetic manner. They slide over my shoulders and onto their Ma's lap.

Their incredible eyes follow every curve of the black lines scattering her amazing body. Only two contain vibrant additions, though they are covered by her clothing. She pays them no attention as they explore the drawings across her skin; it is a frequent activity that they love. She's happily chatting away with Holly about Thailand. Pops and Jer are visiting the country for a holiday in a few months. The two want to travel the world before settling down, which I can't blame them for. It was something I once wanted to do, but the Gods had different plans for me.

Pushing myself up, I pop my back just as Chris bursts through the door. We all stand in preparation for a fight, never have we seen a Wolf as athletic as him panting this hard. I can tell just by the glaze on his eyes that something I don't want to be happening has come into existence.

"What happened?" Oliver asks. The man raises his hand, gulping down air. "The Rogue packs makeshift Alpha came back. He's pissed that they've been talking to us. He's threatened a few of their lives for not obeying his orders about ignoring us."

"Excuse me?" I scoff. Lex puts her hand on my hip, sensing the rage in my mood and words. This better be a fucking joke. You can't threaten the livelihood of your pack just for talking to the owners of the territory they've been staying on. "He believes that because he gave them a group to remain in as well as trying to keep them safe, he has control over them at all times."

"So what do we do?" Ro leans forward. I bend down to pick Ash up as he's started pulling at my shorts for attention. Alexis is with the other two, Ame on her hip and Dyl on her back. "If he has their loyalty and respect, then it's him we need to talk to for a plan."

"Who's going?" As they mutter words about what to do, a tugging lures me into the world of white. I left a collective tether to the ditch yesterday in order to sense any major disturbances or changes in their physical states when I'm not there. We can all gather how they are from their appearance but I'm the only one that can see deeper.

A huge wave of fear has erupted. Someone is definitely scared for their life. All the others are panicking on what they're meant to do. A heart is breaking, one connected to it is full of rage and hatred.

"There isn't time. Holly, watch the kids." I drop Ash into her arms, he giggles, not aware of the severity of the situation.

Taking off out the back door, I pause in the tree line to shift. I need the speed and advantage to get there in time and face the threat.

Several pairs of feet pound behind me, concerned for my sudden departure which can only mean danger. I'm not overly impulsive, I'm always willing to form a plan - they know this. They also know that I let my emotions guide me. I've taken these Wolves into my heart, and I will protect them no matter what.

It only takes several minutes to get to the other side of the woodlands due to the determination and adrenaline pushing me on. My maternal instincts aren't exactly holding me back either.

Masses of fragile vines become clear in my mind as I approach the crater. Mixed reactions of anger, nerves and trepidation are destroying their hope. Parts of them seem to think that this is the way the world works, and that they can't do anything to stop it.

Stopping at the rim of the gross bowl, I spy for what could be triggering these intense feelings. Most of the members are staying in the shadows, away from the middle of the dent.

In the centre, a huge tattered bastard is backing a meek teen into a corner. My snout twitches. The poor lass is tiny for her age, she's skin and bone. She's run out of room to escape, her hind legs trying to step through the wall behind her. Her trembles and petrified breaths should be enough for him to know it is enough.

Without taking a moment to think, I take a massive leap from the nine foot high ledge down to the cruel man. I crash into his side as a landing, his unsuspecting body tumbling to the ground a few metres away from the girl. Ample time is provided from his surprise which I use to check her over for scratches.

Sending her over to her Mother, I am distracted. The dick charges at me, throwing me into the vertical mud. I whimper from the impact, I've cracked my patella.

He proceeds to sink his canines into my hind leg. Grunting back the pain, I'm forced into my human form. My body and mind know I can't endure much more without something horrific occurring.

Punching him in the eye, I'm able to use the stones protruding from the ledges as support to get back on my feet. I'm not all that fussed about being nude, I'm not ashamed of anything. Though I am wary of the amount of blood pouring from the gash on my leg.

"Stupid fucker!" I growl. His disgusting eyes roam over my body, I scoff back at him, truly appalled by the notion. Anyone in our world can tell I'm Mated, to look like that at me is basically a crime.

My Love is above us, threatening him with the coldest glare. The possessiveness in her chills my spine, a luscious sensation of being owned.

"I don't know who the Hell you think you are but you cannot attack an innocent child unjustly." I snap, flashing my teeth in warning to his answer. The sound perfectly describes his opinions, I have no care for it.

It doesn't take him long to become fed up with my unwavering lack of care towards his childish behaviour. He growls, slowly approaching me like I'm the prey. "Oh please. You don't scare me in the slightest. You've injured me, well done, you seem so proud of the fact. But let me tell you something, you are a pathetic little man that has no clue about caring for a pack. I will not back down if it means they are going to get hurt for your ridiculous beliefs."

He snaps his jaw, lunging at me. I step to the side, enough to capture his ear in a pinch. He squeaks from the unusual treatment and sharp clasp. "This is no way to behave. You're only allowed here because of our pack. We could easily send you on your way, and I mean just you." I let go, pushing him back with my foot.

He starts to circle me. My eyebrow raises as he continues to bark for my submission, some men are pure stupid. He pounces and before I can react he is flung into the ledge by a strong force.

My gorgeous Alexis is beside me, in her Wolf form for the first time in years. He snaps his jaw, threatening her too. Meanwhile I'm busy admiring her looks.

Like always she makes me seem tiny, her height definitely carrying across. She towers over him, an incredulous amount - she's not even standing upright. As he directs an attack my way, she shoves him away. Her elegant onyx fur glittering in the afternoon beams as she pins him to the floor.

He doesn't compare to her grace. He's stumbling over his swinging paws and grinding teeth. She's dancing around him, in complete control of herself and his offenses. She bats him across the face a few times, her clay eyes shifting to check I'm alright. Considering I'm in a state of awe because of her bewitching skills and features, I couldn't be any better.

Her pearlescent fangs jab into his mane, a chunk of flesh tearing away. She spits it on the ground, unimpressed with the taste. He's searching for a weak spot, we both find it at the same time. There's a large inflamed rotting hold in her ear. My darling Lex.

His paw raises, yanking his claws through the tender skin. Ripping it downwards, it rips open. Masses of blood ooze from the open wound, creating a moment of weakness. Taking his only chance, he flings her to the floor. Her head bounces off a sharp rock. She's rendered unconscious as I feel her sink into an ocean of guilt over not finishing the battle.

Angered beyond control, I shake back into my pristine chiffon coat. Thinking he is now in the lead, he catapults towards me. Bouncing off of a boulder to fly through the air, the glint of pride makes me sigh. I take a step back. He crashes at my feet.

Responding automatically, I close my jaw around his snout as he starts to growl. It's forced shut as a punishment for biting and growling. The faint crack from the bone crunching under my grip brings a whimper to his throat, though it catches, not able to leave his mouth.

I eventually release, turning in a small circle to move away from him and get a good sense of his state. He's messily bleeding everywhere, adding a spice of colour to this dingy hole.

I can feel his desperation to gain control back. His idea of doing so is by including every ounce of authority he possesses into a howl. I guess since he is seen as an Alpha, it would technically mean he would have authority over me if I were a regular Beta. Except I really am not.

Mirroring his actions, I fix my posture. Releasing a tremendous demanding roar into his face. It echoes from each edge of the ditch back to his ears, bringing the front of his body to the floor. Collapsing like a scared puppy, he averts his eyes from my scolding Mother mode.

He's finally yielding. Ears pinned back to his head, subtly yipping in the back of his throat. Deciding he knows his new position, I bump my nose against his neck for forgiveness. He should know that if he challenges any of them again, he won't be let off the hook.

I'm prepared to send him on his way, but my gesture has revealed his scent. It matches the one through town, it's been coating each street since we arrived. Barking Chris over, I push a swift breath through my nose. He figures out what I mean, breathing in the smell too. The mark of a Killer, mixed with the stench of murder is all the answer we need.

Rushing over to Lex who's moved into her regular appearance while out of it, I carefully nibble on her ear. The warmth of the gesture guides her back to the dimming day.

Her eyes dash around our surroundings, trying to piece together the missing information. Leaving her to it, I clean up some of the blood trickling out of her ear, hoping to ease the burning ache inside. The mark carries across to our human form though it isn't visible, it is inside the ear canal. She's also got small ears, making it difficult to see without a torch.

She attempts to push up to her feet, slumping back down about halfway. Catching her with my snout, I bark, demanding she gets onto my back. Chances are, she has a concussion at the very least. It is extremely unhygienic down here, she may contract an infection which I don't want her suffering through.

As always when offered help, she's reluctant at first that is until I grunt. I know that it will take far too long to get her back to the house like this but she's afraid to appear weak.

It's like she's forgotten that I've carried her before. She's tense on top of me, she may be bigger and heavier but I am stronger than I look. Sending a purr to the back of my chest, she calms at the reassurance.

Having to avoid all of the branches, roots and occasional animal traps, the route is bumpy. She complains every now and then from the disruption to her ride. Her consistent lazy purrs tell a different story. I snigger as the sparks explode throughout our bodies, our bodies are pressing against each other so it isn't surprising.

Keeping the trip short, I'm soon pawing at the door without pausing. Rosie swings it open. She's holding onto a now distraught Dylan. The sight of his Ma has caused him to wail heavily into her shoulder, seemingly inconsolable. Ame and Ash are at her feet in an instant, demanding to be given the boy in order to provide comfort. Their mutters of death promises for the one that hurt us make me laugh.

Licking over each of their noses, they cheer up as I explain that the situation isn't as bad as it appears. I hurl Lex onto the sofa which she sprawls on, obviously tired.

I phase back again. "Rosie, take them upstairs please. I'll come up when we're done. Holly, can you grab the underwear out of the bag by the door please, don't worry about the clothes." Ro moves first, ushering the little ones to their door. Roxy grabs their bag of toys, joining them with a distraction.

Wiggling into my pants and bra after Holly tosses them over, I take the first aid kit she also took out for us. She then disappears upstairs to help with the kids also.

Shoving my hands into the sterilised gloves while getting comfortable on her lap, I then take out an alcohol wipe to clean up the dribbling blood. "Do you know what you're doing?" She asks, holding onto my waist as I'm checking her ear for serious damage. "Do you not remember the day we met? I cleaned you up. I took Biology and learnt emergency first aid care for Jeremy's BTEC. I'm confident in what I'm doing."

Moving her head onto my shoulder, I begin to peel away the matted hair from her scalp. Running a fresh wipe over the crack, I'm pleased to see it healing already - our major wounds are always prioritised when healing. Making certain to remove all of the dirt and rock fragments from the dent, it should be gone in the morning.

"Any more?" I ask, dumping the moist tissue. "No. Let me deal with you now." I giggle as she reaches for her own gloves.

She very carefully scrubs away the drying blood and torn skin from my thigh. I sometimes hiss as it is close to the bone. To simmer my pains, she smashes her lips to mine.

"You should become a Nurse." She mumbles against my lips while securing a bandage around my leg. Nuzzling against her bare shoulder, "I bet you'd love that."

"Quiet possibly." She grunt, nipping at my neck. "Stop while you can." I rip her pouting face off of me.

"What's the plan now then?" Her arms snake around my torso, her nose pressing against the scar she created. A stifled moan fills the air around us. "That depends on what is best for the pack. I believe Chris will have an opinion on that."

"What's your opinion?" She mutters into my ear, licking the shell. "They are too fragile to move too quickly but they need to be taken out of the pit. They need real shelter, proper food and care. They need easing back into their human forms to reacquaint themselves with society in order to live amongst it." I gaze into her deep ash eyes. "They need help repairing their broken souls."

"To me, it sounds like you have a plan and know what is best for them." She smirks, pecking me briefly. "Maybe. But Chris is the Alpha, not me."

"He trusts your opinion and will consider it since you know the pack best. You are the only one who knows what each individual really needs. Just talk to him about it."

Tearing myself away from her, I go to the bag and pull out the rest of our clothes. "I'll think about it." I grumble. "Is that a genuine 'I'll consider it', or a 'I'm only saying this to shut you up'?" She grins from her seat. Throwing her clothes in her face, I growl. "I'll consider it, Love."

Since I'm already dressed, I march up the stairs to see my terrors. I want to spend as much time with them as possible, I always have. I've been preoccupied with this pack stuff and feel as though I've been neglecting them. They mean the world to me and although I know they don't feel unloved, I still want to be there for them at all times.

Barely stepping into their room, I'm taken to the ground by their excitable force. "Mummy! Ma!" They shriek. Alexis is above me, taking two of them off of me. Ame giggle on my chest, kissing my cheeks repeatedly.

The three females are in the doorway, laughing at the sight. The bell then rings and Rox skips down to answer. Wiggling my fingers in her face, Ame squeals as I start to attack her. Tiny hands try pushing me away. I snort as she gets up to run away. 

Продовжити читання

Вам також сподобається

•[I belong to you]• [English] Від Jowolf_

Підліткова література

286 50 48
~ Why live in the real world when your inner world is all you need? Why subject yourself to the monotony of life or its difficulties when we can be c...
98 15 16
In a world where humans are paired with familiars, two wayward souls find themselves entangled in a battle that threatens life as they know it. ****...
Four Walls (Book One) ✔️ Від 𝕭𝖗𝖎𝖆𝖓𝖆

Підліткова література

22.7K 1.7K 85
"You ungrateful bitch. I keep a roof over your head, and this is the thanks I get?" "You could have killed her," I retort, trying to muster up confid...
The Rapture Від Dani Brull

Паранормальні явища

104K 5.9K 40
Pearl Blankenship, an autistic investigative journalist, witnesses the end of the world. Before the nuclear fallout can kill her, a mysterious being...