XXX

I've spent the last two hours wandering around the same room, waiting for my cervix to fully dilate which is starting to take the piss. Honestly, it feels like my body is against giving birth. First, I'm almost two weeks overdue. Next, my body doesn't want to cooperate by maintaining the correct position. It isn't even like I have any other option, I just have to wait for my anatomy to behave before it is torn to shreds three times.

Playing with the elastic on my gown, I tip my head back to stare up at the ceiling. I changed as soon as we got here. I bought my own birthing gowns to accommodate for my personal tastes and state. Sidonie previously warned me that getting a hospital provided gown was going to be difficult and may not fit my immense bump in. Therefore, I took the initiative to buy three in black that are soft and plus sized. They're amazingly snug and cosy so I may be wearing them for the next few weeks while my body heals.

Spinning on my heels, I lean over on the bed to clench the duvet up in my fists while biting my lip to muffle an incredible scream. These damn pains are horrific. I can handle a copious amount of agony. This however is ridiculous. Every time I get a contraction, I feel like dying.

It only takes a moment for Lex to pick up on my hidden shouts before she is standing beside me. Her hand presses against my spine, rubbing deep rings into the base of my spine to ease the tension and strain. I keep noticing a disc slip before my DNA ropes it back into place.

Alexis' panic subsided ages ago. She's amazing when it comes to comforting me. She's held me up countless times, massaged my back, kissed my tears away when a contraction becomes too much for me. She's incredible. All she has to do is brush her hand against me and the edge is instantly taken away.

"I'm majorly relieved that you're here too, Alexis." Dr Willard says while walking through the door. Stepping over to me, she squeezes my shoulder to inspect my current messy state. "I didn't want her to be doing this on her own, it's never right to not have anyone present. Being young has some benefits in childbirth but it makes it an emotional rollercoaster with your emotions still placing themselves into their natural place. Plus, triplets born naturally without pain medication is heroic in any situation." I snicker, not like I have a choice on the matter. I'd be on everything right now if I could be.

"She could do this without me, easily. With her determination and bravery, I know that if I didn't come into her life, she would have done this alone." Lex smiles, kissing the back of my head. "You're the only thing keeping me sane right now." I laugh back. "That's because you know I'm here to help you." She wiggles her eyebrows at me.

"What are the bets on our progression?" Every twenty minutes, she comes in to check. To spice things up, we've begun trying to guess how much further along I am each time.

They both help me onto the bed where I sort of sit up straight with my legs pulled close to me. If I lie on my back with all three little ones, my back will definitely break. My body is going through too much for it to worry about healing a broken spine. "Her contractions have gotten to every six minutes, lasting about thirty seconds."

"Your labour is definitely an unusual one." She told me this already. She finds it rather entertaining, I find it a pain in the arse. "Are you sure your contractions only started after your water broke?"

"She's been complaining about Braxton Hicks since early morning but kept dismissing them as they'd soon leave and were only mild. She woke up around two, which is when her water broke." Lex has been answering for me most of the night, I'm too tired to bother answering when she knows the answers. "Sounds like you were in the early stages of labour most of the day and went into active labour when you likely went to bed."

"That makes sense I guess." I hum, as she pulls on a new pair of gloves. "So, Lex, are you staying for the whole thing?" She nods at me before her hand disappears beneath the hem of my skirt. Lex down to me, like I have the answer. "I don't mind, Lex. The decision is yours."