X

The week has been horrendously difficult. My teacher's took it upon themselves to create a bunch of work I didn't really need to do, expecting me to complete it within five days. Of course I've been able to, but only by sacrificing sleep and sanity. It isn't even like I could do it in my free periods, I've been roped into study sessions for my upcoming exam - though I've zoned out plenty of times from boredom. I swear they just enjoy wasting my time.

Mum and Dad haven't been home for most of it. Mandatory meetings can only be put off for a short span of time before the other side gets fed up with waiting. Therefore, this week has been filled with Pizza and Chinese takeaway. Though, I've made sure to order the odd salad to keep her happy, I need evidence I'm being somewhat healthy.

Chris has asked the entire pack to spend the weekends at the house for training due to all of the attacks. He seems desperate to keep us safe, and it is actually quite adorable. Ollie gave him my number to ensure he can contact me at all times. He explained over a call why it was vital for me to attend, being a new Beta and all. Little does he know he wants to show me a bunch of skills I already know.

Pulling into his drive, I only worry about adding one lock to Queen since not many people know this place exists; plus I'm running twenty minutes late. On the way here, I've had each Squad member call at least twice, Chris sending a few messages also. Took everything I had not to tell them to shut up. Pestering me isn't going to make traffic any better or get there any quicker.

Running around to the courtyard, I stuff my gloves into my bag while clawing my hair into a bun. Slinging my things onto the bench, beside everyone else's stuff, I sit to undo my boots to change into trainers. All peering eyes hold a sense of mocking that makes me want to snarl back.

"You're rather late." I only glance up from knotting the laces. "Congratulations on stating the obvious." A few nearby members gasp at my disrespect to the Alpha, not that I care right now but I guess I should at least pretend to see him as a superior. "Sorry, I was up all night completing some coursework. I was so exhausted I slept through my alarm." I stand abruptly, making him jump back.

He chuckles, shaking his head. "Don't worry, I know you've been busy." He stutters towards the end when I strip off my shirt, leaving me in my bra - I couldn't care less. My head wiggles through the top of a battered band shirt. "Right, where do I need to be?"

"Go over to your friends and warm up, I'll be starting in five."

The group of already tired young adults look up to me from stretching on the floor. "Ro, if you're going to do that, you need to straighten your legs." I collapse beside her, pushing down on the tops of her knees. "Where were you? We were worried."

"Slept in by accident." Kicking my legs in front of me, I reach forward to lower my chest against my thighs. "I always forget how bendy you are." Carter says from opposite me, barely managing to touch his toes. "Maybe if you did more than sit on your arse you wouldn't be struggling so much." Holly nudges his shoulder, doing some strange form of lunges.

"Line!" Boss man yells from the porch. Everyone rushes around, Rosie guiding me to where I should be. Apparently when saying 'line', he actually meant two. All under thirty are in one, all over in another. I've been sandwiched between Ro and Ollie.

"Despite all of you looking like you've been warming up, I know better. Five laps around the court." The entire pack rush off into a sprint, forgetting the first rule of long distance races. Something tells me today is going to be far easier than I previously predicted.

I'm sitting, happily sipping on some water while the rest of the pack pant on the floor. Chris made us run thirty more laps to build our endurance, though most people are done with life at this point.