XIX

It is very clear that Rosie has no faith in me when it comes to waking up on a Saturday. It isn't like I spent ten years waking up at seven every morning, even weekends. For the last five minutes, the speaker has been repeatedly yelling 'Incoming call from Babes', it's making my ears bleed. I forgot to disconnect my phone from the speaker system last night, and this is the punishment. Car and I were having a dance party, and I was using my phone.

It is eight in the damn morning, I don't even have to be up until nine at the earliest. I just want to continue sleeping. I've buried my head under the pillow to try drowning out the incessant voice blaring through the house.

Finally having enough of the monotonous woman, I flip over onto my back and start pulling back the duvet to get up. Suddenly, the sound stops. All of my movements pause. It isn't like Ro to just give up when being annoying. Listening to the house's disturbance, I pick up on the heavy treading footsteps marching up to my room. Considering there's only one other person in the house, the owner of the stomping is easy to guess. He too seems pissed at the disturbance.

Within moments, a head of fluffy shaggy raven hair pops around the corner of the door before it is fully catapulted open. It knocks against the brick wall in his haste. His arm moves up, throwing my phone at me. Poor baby must have gotten so fed up he went down to the kitchen to get it.

As I collect the device, he climbs into my warm sheets beside me. "Get her to shut up." He grumbles before resuming a sleeping state. He snuggles into my side, holding a pillow over his head to block out the voice of one gushing female.

"Alright, Ro, I'm up." I rub my eyes until I see spots. "You better be, we're picking you both up in an hour."

"You said ten!" The sleepy pup beside me groans, hitting my leg before dozing off again. "We've had to change the plan. I'll explain when I see you later. Just get up and dressed, please." She hangs up after the last word.

Sighing, I scoot down under the covers. Carter and I become a cuddling mound of blankets and sleepiness. I don't mind letting him lie down while I wake up properly. "Don't fall asleep, Caterpillar."

"Why? I'm tired." He whines with a distinct pout. "So am I but if they get here and we're not ready, we will be beaten to death with heels." He flops closer to me, bringing us face to face. He rubs his nose against mine, an adorable puppy. "I hate mornings." I giggle at his stroppy tone. We all know he hates waking up. However, once up, he is a ball of energy. "You can nap until half past when we have to get dressed." He mutters his thanks back to me.

With a lot of grumbling, we get comfortable with him lying his head on my stomach while I sprawl on my back. Using my phone to wake my brain up, I scroll through Instagram. My feed is already crammed with photo's of the girls getting hyped about 'spending time with the family' and 'going on a shopping road trip'. In the background of some images you can see the boys glaring, only half awake.

Fifteen minutes is spent on a group chat without the girls. We discuss the best strategies to survive the day. I occasionally glance down to the baby, watching him as he sleeps like a pocket-sized Angel.

Eventually, I decide it's time to get moving. Using the back of my hand, I stroke his cheek, effectively easing him awake and into the world of the living. Two or three innocent snuffles later, his beautiful chocolate eyes flutter open. "Time to get up, Handsome." Not being a morning person, he uses the arm under my back to fling me off of the bed. Though he is only partially successful as I panic and drag him down with me. I giggle into his neck while he yawns against mine, the two of us still huddled together.

"You did pack spare clothes, right?" I mutter against his collar bone. After finishing the group meeting yesterday we stopped at his Mum's place so he could get some things to bring to mine. It was the first time I ever interacted with his Mum, normally she's asleep or out of the house when I go over. He'd spent some time cleaning up all of the substances on the coffee table for her while she screamed about him 'leaving'. He tried explaining that he was going back until she snapped and just told him to leave. Though I'm happy he's finally out of there, I know he loved her and cared deeply.