XXXV

For the majority of the day, we've been relaxing in the main room, joking around and having fun while we wait for Chris. He's meant to be dropping by at some point to inform us, mainly me, on how the Rogue pack is doing. I'm attached to them which I admit probably isn't a good idea. However, I care deeply, knowing they aren't bad people. They are lost souls that need someone to help them figure out what to do with their lives.

Gentle tiny hands press against my shoulder blades, bringing my mind back to the present rather than the uncertain future. My sweet babies are tracing along the inked patterns on my skin. Behind me, they discuss the bright colours and which design is theirs.

Business was quiet last year so Lex and I decided to get some tattoos in the break. We chose corresponding Hummingbirds on our calves, the two sets of watercolours meet to stare at the other when we're beside one another. I also chose two small black birds flying away with 'When we meet again' to go beneath my collar bone - I wanted something for Mum and Dad.

The kids are always fascinated by the Wolf family I requested for my back. A mountain stands in the distance, a setting sun to its side. Two grown wolves, one navy the other a deep orange, lead the three cubs down a trail. The first baby is green, the second red, the third light blue - the triplets favourite colours.

Alexis has added several more to her ever growing collection. A skull outlined by grass and flowers on her left calf. Not long after the terrors were born, she decided to get their footprints on her ribs, their names etched in the centre of each with white.

The rest were gifts from me on the days she was struggling with her mental health. She loves to have the beautiful reminder that she has gotten through a rough patch, I also know the pain calms her. A geometric heart surrounded by sparks was one, it apparently hurt more as it went over her hip bone. A random vine curls around one of her ankles, stray butterflies flying from it. She got a matching sun and moon in a mandala style, the sun on the top of one foot, the moon on another.

She also randomly came home one day with henna like ink on her hand and fingers. Something about a memory from when she went to Egypt with her family. She showed me an image she had of the original design, saved on google pictures.

"Why don't you have a look at all of Ma's tattoos? She has far more than me, you could count them since I don't know." I suggest since I need to move before my butt is permanently numb.

Amelia is always one to accept a challenge. She dives off of the sofa and into Lex's arms. She catches her mid air otherwise she'd smack her face into the table. Her brother's follow her lead in a less energetic manner. They slide over my shoulders and onto their Ma's lap.

Their incredible eyes follow every curve of the black lines scattering her amazing body. Only two contain vibrant additions, though they are covered by her clothing. She pays them no attention as they explore the drawings across her skin; it is a frequent activity that they love. She's happily chatting away with Holly about Thailand. Pops and Jer are visiting the country for a holiday in a few months. The two want to travel the world before settling down, which I can't blame them for. It was something I once wanted to do, but the Gods had different plans for me.

Pushing myself up, I pop my back just as Chris bursts through the door. We all stand in preparation for a fight, never have we seen a Wolf as athletic as him panting this hard. I can tell just by the glaze on his eyes that something I don't want to be happening has come into existence.

"What happened?" Oliver asks. The man raises his hand, gulping down air. "The Rogue packs makeshift Alpha came back. He's pissed that they've been talking to us. He's threatened a few of their lives for not obeying his orders about ignoring us."